Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Bosnia

matija191's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Kingdom of Bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by usmcsultan View Post
    @delmat

Keep on hating Bosnians were Bogumili and were not prostitutes to Vatican like Croatia was. Most of Bosnians accepted Islamic faith, because Bogumils had more in common with Islam than with Vatican. Also Bosnian king didn't want to kiss Pope ass and that is why he didn't get crowned. Bosnia is proud country full of suborn people who just want to survive another day Let me ask you why don't they teach "Crusades" from history books in Great Britain? Let me tell you, because instead of going to Jerusalem Crusaders went on to pillage and burn middle east. It is ugly past and we should not dig it up. Just to let everyone like you know that we don't hate other religions. It is shame that in a modern society we can't accept existence of cultures around us. Bosnians love that mix of different cultures because they make us better people. With diversity comes protection Please, if you don't have something to say beneficial than create blog and start bloging your hatred about entire Balkan if you will
    On another note. My history teacher was Serbian. Her name is Ljilja and her husband is Muhamed who is PE teacher. Ljilja loved history and loved being her student. One time I asked her how was Bosnia before Ottoman occupation and she told me that Bosnians were hardy people. We didn't kiss no ass and that is why turks never conquered Bosnia in reality. The one middle ground for Bosnians and turks was religion, but even that didn't stop them from taking our newborns to Istanbul to make Janissary out of them. When those babies returned as professional killers they killed Serbs, Bosnians and Croats all together. But anyway Bosnian warriors were hired all over medieval Europe. Ljilja told me that some medieval knight in shiny armor made some insulting reference to size of Bosnian warrior neck size (comparing it to the bull) and that is how knight in shiny armor got choked to death. Just bare hands man. Don't mess with Bosnians we will literally love you to death
    Peace
    CROATIA and CROATIANS are not prostitutes to the Vatican and the Pope..and one more thing nationality "bosnian" doesn´t exist.."bosniak" yes but "bosnians" ...
    pozdravi mi ljilju i neka te dalje uči kako su HRVATI vatikanske kurve, a da Turci nikada nisu pokorili Bosnu već da je ona bila neovisna

Bosnians arent Serbs and Croatians which live on land or state of Bosnia and Hercogovina?
    B&H serbs teld me that serbs which live in B&H are Hercegovins and Croatians from B&H are Bosnians...
    Isn it right?

matija191's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Markusoo View Post
    Bosnians arent Serbs and Croatians which live on land or state of Bosnia and Hercogovina?
    B&H serbs teld me that serbs which live in B&H are Hercegovins and Croatians from B&H are Bosnians...
    Isn it right?

yes its true, but term "bosnian" is regional name, like bavarian or saxon...

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

BOSNIAN does exist, because if it didn't I wouldn't be calling myself Bosnian. If you tell people full name of B&H in Chicago they would not understand, but if you tell them Bosnia they get it. I guess "Croat" or "Hrvat" is regional name too. When it comes to Ottoman invasion I guess you never read about rebellions lead by Husein-kapetan Gradaščević. Here is some basic wiki for you.
    " Husein-kapetan Gradaščević (31 August 1802 – 17 August 1834) was a Bosniak general who fought for Bosnian autonomy in the Ottoman Empire. He is often referred to as "Zmaj od Bosne", meaning "Dragon of Bosnia". Gradaščević was born in Gradačac in 1802—hence his surname Gradaščević, meaning "of Gradačac"-- and grew up surrounded by a political climate of turmoil in the western reaches of the Ottoman Empire. When his brother Murat was poisoned by a rival in 1821, Gradaščević rose to the head of the Gradačac military captaincy. The young Husein developed a reputation for wise rule and tolerance and soon became one of the most popular figures in Bosnia.
    In 1831 Gradaščević was called upon to lead the movement for a Bosnian autonomy. He overthrew the loyalist, vizier, and other anti-rebellion figures, becoming the de facto ruler of the Ottoman Bosnia Province (eyalet) in the process. On July 18 of the same year, Gradaščević met a large force commanded by the grand vizier himself near Štimlje in Kosovo and dealt a heavy defeat to the imperial army (this is sometimes referred to as the "Third battle of Kosovo"). At that point, he decided to turn back from further campaigns and returned to Bosnia where he was proclaimed the new vizier by his soldiers on September 12. By 1832, however, the tide of the rebellion had turned. After a series of smaller clashes, the decisive battle occurred on the 17th and 18th of May outside Sarajevo. Initially successful, the rebels were eventually defeated when Herzegovinian reinforcements arrived and sided with the Sultan."
    I am sorry but the facts are there. We Bosnians love freedom just like everyone on Balkan and soon as you get that better quality of life we all will have

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Bosnian is Bosanac
    Bosniak is Bošnjak

Bosniak or Bošnjak is a name Muslims from Bosnia invented for themsleves, as they didnt had national name

Bosnian or Bosanac is anybody from Bosnia, and when someone say he is Bosnian or Bosanac, he can be any nationality, a Bosniak, a Serb, a Croat, a Albanian, a Magyar or anything else
    its a regional name, not ethnical

Just a small question: for what bosnians had "longbows"(monobloc) when whereas many peoples around them had used the composite bow. Greeks, Magyars, Turks had the composite?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Bosnian is Bosanac
    Bosniak is Bošnjak

Bosniak or Bošnjak is a name Muslims from Bosnia invented for themsleves, as they didnt had national name

Bosnian or Bosanac is anybody from Bosnia, and when someone say he is Bosnian or Bosanac, he can be any nationality, a Bosniak, a Serb, a Croat, a Albanian, a Magyar or anything else
    its a regional name, not ethnical
    Horboatos,

This is totally wrong. You are disqualifying yourself with this statement. The term "Bosniak" was used one time durin the period of the Bosnian kingdom by king Ostojic. The Bosnian kings used almost always the term "Bosnjanin" or "Bosanac" but Ostijic, in a letter to the Hungarian king used the word "Bosniak" which means that this is all the same; denpendant of the country to who you are writing. An Austrian or Hungarian would use the term Bosniak till the 19. century.

After the arrival of the Turks everybody in Bosnia, catholics and muslims called themelves Bosniaks. The catholic intelektual elite; till the 19. century called themselves as Bosniaks. This were the catholic priests and they were the only literate elite within the catholic people of Bosnia. In the almost 15.000 books which were preserved, written by catholic priests (franjevci) there is not one single book where those priests call there people with another name than Bosniak. And when they are talking about Croats they talk about them as another nation. "They croats and we Bosniaks". Just some examples of such books written in the 19. and 18. century:

http://i37.tinypic.com/wwndr5.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/14uyp77.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2uqbrxw.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/1z5lq9t.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2u8fjio.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2wpqfb7.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2n7dswg.jpg

By 1848. the Croats national idy began to spread over Bosnia and the Bosnian catholic priests (who were still the intelktual elite of the catholics) tried to stop this. They were trying to wake up the Bosnian nation. Fra Ivan Frano Jukic wrote a detailed book about the history of the Bosniaks from the 10- 19. century. He wrote a proclamation for the rebirth of the "Bosnian nation" which begins with the words "We Bosniaks ones a proud nation...", he gave himself the pseudonim "Slavoljub Bosnjak". The otomans were not happy with this Bosnian rebirth and they expelled him and many other bosnian priets who were trying this.

For example Fra Ivan Jukic also wrote:""Catholic Bosniaks do not know about the Croatian name and there is no chance that the want to be part of a Croatian nation -1848.)

This is how catholics in Bosnia became Croats. By an political ideology! And many of them know this!

For example in 1991. the president of the Crotian National Party (the biggest Croatian party in Bosnnia) said:

"We have always been Bosnians and our Croatian hood is a product of a political ideology from the 19th century - Stijepan Kljujic 1991."

So please don't falsifikate history and all the best to you.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

I will not go in discussion about history with you unless you start using reliable proofs, and propaganda materials are hardly reliable proofs

but what I said is simple...Bosanac is person from Bosnia of any nationality

Bosniak is muslim from Bosnia

and your telling me I'm wrong!?!

my God you dont even live in Bosnia, your just another diaspora guy who has his ideas how Balkan should look like without understanding the situation here..

PM me , and I'll explain you some stuff about war in Yugoslavia and why the situation in Bosnia cant remain as it is

delmat's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Horboatos,

This is totally wrong. You are disqualifying yourself with this statement. The term "Bosniak" was used one time durin the period of the Bosnian kingdom by king Ostojic. The Bosnian kings used almost always the term "Bosnjanin" or "Bosanac" but Ostijic, in a letter to the Hungarian king used the word "Bosniak" which means that this is all the same; denpendant of the country to who you are writing. An Austrian or Hungarian would use the term Bosniak till the 19. century.

After the arrival of the Turks everybody in Bosnia, catholics and muslims called themelves Bosniaks. The catholic intelektual elite; till the 19. century called themselves as Bosniaks. This were the catholic priests and they were the only literate elite within the catholic people of Bosnia. In the almost 15.000 books which were preserved, written by catholic priests (franjevci) there is not one single book where those priests call there people with another name than Bosniak. And when they are talking about Croats they talk about them as another nation. "They croats and we Bosniaks". Just some examples of such books written in the 19. and 18. century:

http://i37.tinypic.com/wwndr5.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/14uyp77.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2uqbrxw.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/1z5lq9t.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2u8fjio.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2wpqfb7.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2n7dswg.jpg

By 1848. the Croats national idy began to spread over Bosnia and the Bosnian catholic priests (who were still the intelktual elite of the catholics) tried to stop this. They were trying to wake up the Bosnian nation. Fra Ivan Frano Jukic wrote a detailed book about the history of the Bosniaks from the 10- 19. century. He wrote a proclamation for the rebirth of the "Bosnian nation" which begins with the words "We Bosniaks ones a proud nation...", he gave himself the pseudonim "Slavoljub Bosnjak". The otomans were not happy with this Bosnian rebirth and they expelled him and many other bosnian priets who were trying this.

For example Fra Ivan Jukic also wrote:""Catholic Bosniaks do not know about the Croatian name and there is no chance that the want to be part of a Croatian nation -1848.)

This is how catholics in Bosnia became Croats. By an political ideology! And many of them know this!

For example in 1991. the president of the Crotian National Party (the biggest Croatian party in Bosnnia) said:

"We have always been Bosnians and our Croatian hood is a product of a political ideology from the 19th century - Stijepan Kljujic 1991."

So please don't falsifikate history and all the best to you.
    my friend you are brainwashed and indoctrinated and that's all I have to say about you..WHOSE NAMES&SURNAMES ARE OSTOJIĆ, KATARINA KOSAČA, HRVOJE VUKČIĆ, TVRTKO, STJEPAN??? maybe muslim or serb?! NO those are croatian catholic names and surnames so don't write non historical stupidities without any proof..I'm not trying to convince you that you are croat, serb or whatever, I don't care what is your nationality..just please don't rape history..croats&serb were living in bosnia before so called "bosniaks, or bosnians" look at the european maps in 9,10 century and later..bosnian=regional term, bosniaks=bosnian muslims, one of the 3 constitutional nations (along with serbs and croats) of modern bosnia&herzegovina..that's all!!!

delmat's Avatar Tiro

@delmat

Keep on hating Bosnians were Bogumili and were not prostitutes to Vatican like Croatia was. Most of Bosnians accepted Islamic faith, because Bogumils had more in common with Islam than with Vatican. Also Bosnian king didn't want to kiss Pope ass and that is why he didn't get crowned. Bosnia is proud country full of suborn people who just want to survive another day Let me ask you why don't they teach "Crusades" from history books in Great Britain? Let me tell you, because instead of going to Jerusalem Crusaders went on to pillage and burn middle east. It is ugly past and we should not dig it up. Just to let everyone like you know that we don't hate other religions. It is shame that in a modern society we can't accept existence of cultures around us. Bosnians love that mix of different cultures because they make us better people. With diversity comes protection Please, if you don't have something to say beneficial than create blog and start bloging your hatred about entire Balkan if you will
    On another note. My history teacher was Serbian. Her name is Ljilja and her husband is Muhamed who is PE teacher. Ljilja loved history and loved being her student. One time I asked her how was Bosnia before Ottoman occupation and she told me that Bosnians were hardy people. We didn't kiss no ass and that is why turks never conquered Bosnia in reality. The one middle ground for Bosnians and turks was religion, but even that didn't stop them from taking our newborns to Istanbul to make Janissary out of them. When those babies returned as professional killers they killed Serbs, Bosnians and Croats all together. But anyway Bosnian warriors were hired all over medieval Europe. Ljilja told me that some medieval knight in shiny armor made some insulting reference to size of Bosnian warrior neck size (comparing it to the bull) and that is how knight in shiny armor got choked to death. Just bare hands man. Don't mess with Bosnians we will literally love you to death
    Peace

I'm not hating anybody so don't write stupidities..I'm only hating this new kind of raping history that some of the muslim/bosniak historians are doing to create a new nation of "bosnians"..that nation never existed, bosnians are the people from bosnia (serbs, croatians, muslims/bosniaks)..that's about it..bosnian nation never existed..bosnia was a part of croatian kingdom in 9-10 century, later some of its parts were incorporated into serbian kingdom..the names of its nobles, bans (croatian word and term) and kings were Croatian Catholic!!! I' think that Katarina Kosaca, Stjepan Kotromanic, Tvrtko, Hrvoje Vukcic HRVATINIC etc are not serbian or especially not imaginary "bosnian" names so please don't write stupid things and about those so called "mix of cultures that makes you better people" I don't want to write but I'll just say that this last terrible and bloody war proved how "good people" live in bosnia and how they respect other cultures..everybody hates the other ones in bosnia, serbs hate muslims, muslims hate serbs&croats and so on..I've been there many times and I know what I'm writing about..ps pozdravi ljilju i ne siluj povijest pozdrav

gentlements please stop arguing about bosnia and todays balkan this thread is here for historical discussion only

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

delmat's Avatar Tiro

BOSNIAN does exist, because if it didn't I wouldn't be calling myself Bosnian. If you tell people full name of B&H in Chicago they would not understand, but if you tell them Bosnia they get it. I guess "Croat" or "Hrvat" is regional name too. When it comes to Ottoman invasion I guess you never read about rebellions lead by Husein-kapetan Gradaščević. Here is some basic wiki for you.
    " Husein-kapetan Gradaščević (31 August 1802 – 17 August 1834) was a Bosniak general who fought for Bosnian autonomy in the Ottoman Empire. He is often referred to as "Zmaj od Bosne", meaning "Dragon of Bosnia". Gradaščević was born in Gradačac in 1802—hence his surname Gradaščević, meaning "of Gradačac"-- and grew up surrounded by a political climate of turmoil in the western reaches of the Ottoman Empire. When his brother Murat was poisoned by a rival in 1821, Gradaščević rose to the head of the Gradačac military captaincy. The young Husein developed a reputation for wise rule and tolerance and soon became one of the most popular figures in Bosnia.
    In 1831 Gradaščević was called upon to lead the movement for a Bosnian autonomy. He overthrew the loyalist, vizier, and other anti-rebellion figures, becoming the de facto ruler of the Ottoman Bosnia Province (eyalet) in the process. On July 18 of the same year, Gradaščević met a large force commanded by the grand vizier himself near Štimlje in Kosovo and dealt a heavy defeat to the imperial army (this is sometimes referred to as the "Third battle of Kosovo"). At that point, he decided to turn back from further campaigns and returned to Bosnia where he was proclaimed the new vizier by his soldiers on September 12. By 1832, however, the tide of the rebellion had turned. After a series of smaller clashes, the decisive battle occurred on the 17th and 18th of May outside Sarajevo. Initially successful, the rebels were eventually defeated when Herzegovinian reinforcements arrived and sided with the Sultan."
    I am sorry but the facts are there. We Bosnians love freedom just like everyone on Balkan and soon as you get that better quality of life we all will have
    croat is a regional term?! are you stupid?! croatia was a balkan power in 9&10 century and bosnia was only a part of it (the names of the later bosnian kings and bans are telling you who they were, and they were of croatian blood)..your imaginary "bosnians" never existed nor they will..bosnian is everyone from bosnia (serb, croat, muslim/bosniak) but it is not a nation, it's just a regional term..you can be a bosnian, but a bosnian muslim or bosniak not only bosnian when the ottomans conquered bosnia they were converting croatian and serbian population they found there to islam and that's how bosniaks entered the history..bosniaks are mostly islamized bosnian croats and serbs with some minor real turkish remainings that continued to live in bosnia after it was taken from ottoman empire by austria..and I know about Gradašćević he was an interesting person..and about those facts you are only writing some minor important thing that you want to hear and know and about some more important you don't want to think because you know it would prove that you are wrong..think what you want to, I don't want to try to change your wrong history view just please don't write stupid things anymore.. and don't disrespect Croatia, because there is a good chance that some of your ancestors were bosnian croats converted to islam who then became bosniaks

delmat's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    gentlements please stop arguing about bosnia and todays balkan this thread is here for historical discussion only
    sorry about that but I can't stand when someone is raping history and making some imaginary fairy-taile conclusions without any proof..sorry again..

Quote Originally Posted by delmat View Post
    my friend you are brainwashed and indoctrinated and that's all I have to say about you..WHOSE NAMES&SURNAMES ARE OSTOJIĆ, KATARINA KOSAČA, HRVOJE VUKČIĆ, TVRTKO, STJEPAN??? maybe muslim or serb?! NO those are croatian catholic names and surnames so don't write non historical stupidities without any proof..I'm not trying to convince you that you are croat, serb or whatever, I don't care what is your nationality..just please don't rape history..croats&serb were living in bosnia before so called "bosniaks, or bosnians" look at the european maps in 9,10 century and later..bosnian=regional term, bosniaks=bosnian muslims, one of the 3 constitutional nations (along with serbs and croats) of modern bosnia&herzegovina..that's all!!!
    Hrvoje Vukicic Hrvatinic became part of the Bosnian kingdom when Bosnia SPREAD over croatian territories. This is not a proof that catholics from Bosnia were Croats. Off course they were not. They called themelves as Bosnian from the 10- 19 century and many of them still do.

Don't be ridiculous. Who was Stijpean Klljujic? Was he some unimportand guy? He was the president of the HDZ (Croatian National Party). Look what he said in 1991:

"We have always been bosnian and our croatianship is a political idea from the 19 cwentury"

Bosniak atholics became croats because they wer Catholics! They never called themelves as croats! You know that very very well.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Gospodo, ja sam Hrvat i hrvatski nacionalist, i ne samo da sam ja Hrvat i hrvatski nacionalist, nego su bosanski muslimani kao cjelina Hrvati, dio hrvatskog naroda" - Džafer-beg Kulenović
    mogu ti ja takvih citata naći koliko hoćeš od brojnih Muslimana, i po tvojoj logici to bi bio dovoljan dokaz da su Muslimani zapravo dio Hrvatskog naroda...
    jer takvim dokazima ti dokazuješ da katolici i pravoslavci u bosni su dio muslimanskog bosanskog naroda...

i onda ti sebe smatraš amaterskim povjesničarom, HA HA HA! ti čovječe prvo stvoriš teoriju a onda tražiš dokaze! ajd da bar nađeš kakav dokaz, ali ti izvučeš neku tvrdnju nekog lika...kako mi digneš živce

pa el ti čovječe shvaćaš da si sprdnja među balkanskim krugovima ovdje! ja kad vidim ove tvoje postove o "moćnoj" Bosni pa meni dođe da se prekrižim... ono ti, kao student povijesti i kakvu povijest vamo prodaješ... samo se zapitam " pa čovječe jel on stvarno vjeruje u ova sranja koja piše?"

vidim te vamo svađaš se s moderima ovog moda kako je Bosna bila moćna...bila je kurac! slaba, eventualno u razmjerima zap. balkana bi je se moglo smatrati snažnom državom al to je to

cijela jebena Juga je bila kurac, slaba, samo zahvaljujući Titi ona je bila utjecajna, jer se pametno postavio između dva vojna bloka slične moći te je snaga Yugoslavije mogla preokrenuti ravnotežu

ali npr prije kraljevina Jugoslavija je bila iznimno slaba,

mi smo mravi kolega, premali da bi mogli mijenjati stvari po vlastitoj volji, a ipak preludi da nas se zanemari

i reći ću ti ovo, muka mi je kad slušam ljude kako propovijedaju o Bosanskom narodu triju vjera, ili Srbskomn narodu triju vjera, ili Hrvatskom narodu dviju vjera

jer čak i ako smo nekad bili isti narod po bilo kojoj od navedenih definicija, više nismo, jer odi malo po Bosni, pa ćeš osjetit onu mržnju koje sve tri etničke grupe tamo osjećaju jedni prema drugima, koliko se ne volimo i ne podnosimo, jer ako opet počne rat u Bosni, a hoče, prije ili kasnije, pa tu će bit masakara ko nikad prije, samo što ćemo sad svi biti dobro naoružani

jošt ti ja mogu puno reći al ne želim ti skršit romantičnu viziju Bosne koju ti i drugi iz dijaspore imate...samo ću tu reć da je tamo situacija jako zajebana, Bosna je jedna bačva baruta, trenutno je se održava al kad kontrola oslabi tko zna kad će explodirati i kakve će posljedice biti

I'M SORRY FOR NOT WRITING IN ENGLISH BUT THIS ISNT REALLY FOR EVERYONE TO READ
    Last edited by Hrobatos; June 09, 2010 at 04:11 PM.

I understand it and giving last warning if you wont stop Iwill close the thread

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

oh sheesh y'all. this is the reason most mods don't include balkan factions...

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Markgraf von Schellenberg View Post
    oh sheesh y'all. this is the reason most mods don't include balkan factions...
    The reason why most mods (and games) don't include Balkan factions is because Western-centrism makes them too ignorant about the region in the first place. Balkan quarrels are just a nice excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    The reason why most mods (and games) don't include Balkan factions is because Western-centrism makes them too ignorant about the region in the first place. Balkan quarrels are just a nice excuse.
    I agree with that to a degree (my family are Transylvania Saxons that left after the war), but it's not a westerner's fault when he earnestly asks for info about Eastern Europe and gets a flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    I understand it and giving last warning if you wont stop Iwill close the thread
    Yeap. At the first page of this thread, I told you what will happen.

I'm very sorry to be wright.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast