Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player composed music here!

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Player composed music here!

Hi! If like me, you do a bit of composition, using software such as sibelius etc, post some music here that you composed and you think fits the theme of the mod. you could try posting other music as well, but be aware that if there are any copyright infringements, they are pretty much useless to the mod.
    I'll start off then: (unfortunately this forum doesn't allow uploading .mp3 files, so they have to be .zip or something else!)
    Edit: download current version at post #15
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; January 05, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Player composed music here!

Nice music! +rep

But if you yourself make a music track out of ex. music sheets from lord of the rings. Is it then under copy right protection? Cause then you have made it yourself etc.

Anyone have any clue about copy right laws?

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Re: Player composed music here!

Nice piece. Looking forward to seeing more. Reminds me of good old Age of Empires...

Have some REP.

Evan

I composed myself 20 track cd out of the extended sountrack i happen to have. Sometimes i listen this during the time i play but i think the game itself have quite nice music integrated already.
    But the disk is very nice to listen while driving long distances

Unfortunately dont think i can just share it here due to copyright issues.

I think that as long as you don't use the actual pieces off the LOTR cd, copyright should be fine. I know that TATW does already have nice music, but not very much, and hearing that elven harp music for the 500th time does get slightly annoying. Furthermore, Harad still uses Vanilla M2TW muslim music, so I might do something about that. Thanks for the rep!

Updated my last piece, I changed some of the choir bits and added embellishments for the clarinet's melody. I'll try to make a more oriental sounding theme for Harad, when I get the time...
    Edit: Current upload at post #15
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; January 05, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Here is my Harad Battle Pack: it has the Harad pre-battle tension track, Mobilisation and Fighting as well. They are quite short, so I advise that anyone who wants to use them, use them in conjunction with other music. Please give feedback, so that I can improve!
    Edit: Current upload at post #15
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; January 05, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

I'm sorry, I know this is my 4th post in a row, but it is also my 200th! yay!

Have a celebratory piece of music!! It is also my christmas present to TATW! Merry Christmas!
    Edit: Post #15 Again...
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; January 05, 2010 at 08:17 AM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Could you add those to youtube?
    I would love to listen them, but I dont want to download them..

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Could you add those to youtube?
    I would love to listen them, but I dont want to download them..
    I'll try, but it shouldn't be too much trouble to download them. They're not more than a couple of megabytes, though you then need to unopack them. (ok it's a bit of a hassle, I'll get round to putting it on youtube sometime after Christmas.)

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

I will try some of your music. Will give feedback asap. If the the music is not copyrighted then it's all fine.

Edit: I like it a lot. It's a shame they are so short. Will use for the next TATW patch. Thanks mate (+rep).
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; December 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    I will try some of your music. Will give feedback asap. If the the music is not copyrighted then it's all fine.

Edit: I like it a lot. It's a shame they are so short. Will use for the next TATW patch. Thanks mate (+rep).
    Hey thanks. I can make them longer if you want, but most of it might just be "waffle" and repeating. But Yeah 20 secs is a bit short. Give me a coupla days or weeks and I'll make em longer.
    Btw, all my music is 100% my own, maybe I will gain inspiration and a few ideas from pieces I hear, but it's not like I'll just be rewriting the film score!
    note: my music is WIP and as I listen to them more and more, I hear more of the things that don't work and change them.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I would like to give some constructive critisism.

I think that you should make the pieves, or future pieces less crowded with instruments, and that you should remove some of the 'tackier' sounding elements such as the bell shouds. The tune is fine, its just I think that a smaller simpler choice of instruments would be more memorable and effective.

Right now it all seems a bit too 'all at once' and a bit 1 dimensional: instead of having all instruments at the same time, make different bits have different instruments.

Anyways, it still sounds great, and you are working hard at these, as well as GCSE mocks (not looking forward to those ).

Good Luck m8,

Evan

P.S. Perhaps you could use some of the pieces from Shogun as inspiration and to interperate what I mean more clearly: listen to the soundracjs from here: http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    I would like to give some constructive critisism.

I think that you should make the pieves, or future pieces less crowded with instruments, and that you should remove some of the 'tackier' sounding elements such as the bell shouds. The tune is fine, its just I think that a smaller simpler choice of instruments would be more memorable and effective.

Right now it all seems a bit too 'all at once' and a bit 1 dimensional: instead of having all instruments at the same time, make different bits have different instruments.

Anyways, it still sounds great, and you are working hard at these, as well as GCSE mocks (not looking forward to those ).

Good Luck m8,

Evan

P.S. Perhaps you could use some of the pieces from Shogun as inspiration and to interperate what I mean more clearly: listen to the soundracjs from here: http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?lang=en
    Ughh, I really do need to do revision, but I will definitely take your advice into account and see what I can do. Good luck with your exams too...

Ok, here is everything. revised and lengthened, hopefully better. There's even a new one at the end, though that is probably going to need to be lengthened as well. the three Harad pieces were all composed with Harad in mind, and I have tried to make it "compatible" with the game, so the first one is the "battle tension" the second is "mobilisation" and the third is "engaged in combat". The other three were composed before I thought of composing for TATW and were part of a half-hearted attempt at making my own "planets" suite like Holst, though I think that "Epic" and "Mars" could suit Gondor or one of the other good factions. "Venus" I guess could only really work for elves (poss. Eriador/hobbits?) though it may even be too "sissy" for them as well, and they do already have a lot of harp music.
    I plan, at a later date to get some better sampling for the instruments, as, though the default mp3 is decent, some things just don't come out quite right. Feel free to comment and give (constructive) criticism, I tried out some sliding, which sounds wierd in some places, but works well in others.
    Well, enjoy, have a merry (past) Christmas and a happy new decade!!
    edit: I do hope to make videos of Harad battles to demonstrate the music, but I've never used cine-ed before. If anyone who has used it would like to make some videos with the music, they would be most welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; January 05, 2010 at 08:18 AM.

I like your songs. +rep for you

Here they are in video form: It's taken some time and a bit of effort, but here is my feeble attempt to add something to this wonderful creation. Enjoy!
    Venus
    Mars
    Epic
    Harad pre battle
    Harad march
    Harad fighting

Here is a new one. I haven't been able to think up any decent tunes recently, so I have copied one from the game "Dungeon Siege". Bear in mind that only, only the structure of the main tune is copied, the instrumentation and everything else is all me.
    Dungeon Siege Enjoy!

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Ty for your efforts; will try it out.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Lol I even went to the trouble of getting a youtube account and spending quite a few hours learning how to make videos with the music! Not to mention the time and effort put into actually composing the damn things! Thx anyway for your attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast