This thread is mosty dedicated to everything outside the normal tourism: From Continental yachting in to BASE jumping of cliffs, to hiking some where remote area.

To me, it's not really a vacation until you push your limits to build your physical and mental boundaries -- making you ready for the "battles" at home.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Vacation
    • 1350–1400; < L vacātiōn- (s. of vacātiō freedom from something; see vacate, -ion ); r. ME vacacioun < AF
  • Vacate
    • 1635–45; < L vacātus ptp. of vacāre to be empty; see -ate 1

Every god deam year, dec - feb. - Minimalism:

Awwhh Skiing up that bloody mountain, with a rucksack half as large as you and a sledge double the sack. Lots and lots of blizzard snow pushing you around. You finger gets cold and hard, and your body shakes as you slowly bask each step closer to the person infront of you. You finally reach the lodge. It's offcourse covered with 4 m of hard ice coated snow laier. You dig a hole down the with your right skii to find the door. Which is stuck because of the ice. Then when (if) you do manage get in, you have to throw wood into that ice cold chimney, which does not heat the lodge for 5h. Then your mom cook some of that delicious raindeer meat... It gives you strength to mow down 2 h of snow down to the car again for rest of the equipment.

Thats how the vaction is for the majority of real northmen.

I really have a bad vibe when it comes to some 'relaxed' vacations and sigth seeing old vine villages, citys and all that civil crap I have been dragged into. That would be an understatement, because I really hate the guided tourism with strong passion. The worst experience would be my time in the Disny park in Florida I still wake up from a sweaty nightmare now and then.

Extreme tourism or shock tourism is a type of niche tourism involving travel to dangerous places (mountains, jungles, deserts, caves, etc.) or participation in dangerous events. Extreme tourism overlaps with extreme sport. The two share the main attraction, "adrenaline rush" caused by an element of risk, and differing mostly in the degree of engagement and professionalism.

Extreme tourism is a growing business in the countries of the former Soviet Union (Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, etc.) and in South American countries like Peru, Chile and Argentina. The mountainous and rugged terrain of Northern Pakistan has also developed into a popular extreme tourism location.

While traditional tourism requires significant investments in hotels, roads, etc., extreme tourism requires much less to jump-start a business. In addition to traditional travel-based tourism destinations, various exotic attractions are suggested, such as flyovers in MiGs at Mach 2.5, ice diving in the White Sea, or travelling across the Chernobyl zone.

Experience, links to other great internet sites or just straight tips of your non-eye patch vacation, share

-Wille