Page 73 of 418 FirstFirst ... 234863646566676869707172737475767778798081828398123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 8345

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CCT Feedback Thread

It would accomplish the fact that he's incompatible with the Curia and therefore the Curia needs to say "we won't be associated with this behavior."

I don't necessarily think that would be the right thing to do, but at least it wouldn't be a pretense.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    Well it's not like we can hand out community service...although...

Well, it might not have been optimal but it would have made a clear statement.

This is very clearly a different kind of case than is normal, I just feel like the two month suspension is demeaning to how the system works, how the Curia works, and to Harry as well. Everyone knows it's a joke and a cheap way out of a situation that has a hard outcome.
    It sends a clear statement. If you lose you bananas there are consequences regardless of your history on the site.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Let me put it with your own words:

The question you are asking is phrased in a way that indicates that you are asking for a decision. That is why I asked you, whom you were addressing with that question. Since it is not within the remit of the member whom you seemingly (and as you said obviously) addressed to take such a decision, unless he gets elected. Hence yes, the question is redundant or badly worded.
    What a citizen like behaviour from mister curator himself. Congrats feel better now ?

I already said I had badly worded it. So no it still isn't redundant.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Bolkonsky,

I can understand what you are driving at here, in that the punishment does not represent any value, however every citizen, must be treated equally as to do otherwise opens a poor precedent.

Now, I ask you honestly, if it was Navajo Joe that committed that infraction, a citizen who as not been a Moderator, a Tribune, an Admin, but neverless known in the Curia as a decent law abiding chap, should I be censured or suspended, because of how I am known
    Last edited by Navajo Joe; March 01, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    What a citizen like behaviour from mister curator himself. Congrats feel better now ?

I already said I had badly worded it. So no it still isn't redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Then as usual your not thinking.
    ^officially CdeC sanctioned behavior becoming of a citizen.
    Last edited by Aikanár; March 01, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Actually I lost my marbles and insulted a lot more people (staff members mostly) than one like Harry, whilst being a staff member and with expletives, and I was suspended for 2 months. I really don't think Harry did anything of the level of my boo boo and should have only been censured/suspended for a week or so.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post

I look at it like this though:

In short, the Curia's involvement in this, except in the case of Ostrakon, fails to affect anything and is a complete and utter waste of time and effort. The two month suspension of rank is arbitrary.

Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice [Official video]

############***#########

"An Honorable man.....overwhelemed, hurls himself into the breech. Wrathful Woe to any of the jackels who woost assail him."
    If the folks around here would be the sort to throw the baby out with the bath water, then I would have looked like this Mega Tortas de Bodemloze a long, long time ago...

Please remember that we all have both good days and bad, and on a bad day any one of us is eligible to step in da "Big Poo". Poo always has a price tag, and until the smell geos away there will always be plenty of folks around to tell us that "We stink".

A long term member, overwhelmed, hurls himself into the breech and then is held accountable for it. Two month's in "funJail..." is no pitenance, and does serve to show that actions do carry consequences. Jumping to two months for a 1st offense, for a long tenured, clean record member is one the heavy side of the scale imo....

"Those who live in glass houses"...someone once said.....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CAT Feedback Thread

Who is getting Ostrakoned? Is it me?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Blog Entries

Not this time, Asti.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    If you want to, I can arrange it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    If you want to, I can arrange it.
    Don't you think its about time?

I'll give you a reason, I am old and I don't like change, like forum change for instance... just like any normal old person. At 35 (been at TWC since I was 25-26 I think) I like to have my comfort blanket... it looks too much like the org.

On topic now: Who is getting Oyster-conned? What gr8 internet crime did they commit?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Ostrakoned... who... what... where... Asti...

Good to seeing you again, old boy...

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Ostrakoned... who... what... where... Asti...

Good to seeing you again, old boy...
    ****removes dentures

****** hugs and smooched m_1473

*****reinstates dentures upside down

(I gotta spam a bit just to test the structural integrity of this new crate! Thats what capn Kirk would do! Is it laggy for others as well?)

Blog Entries

He's dead Jim!

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Capn Kirk?

I'd just like to apologise for missing a CdeC vote, this is mainly due to the site outages that meant I haven't had a lot of time to view the site

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    I'd just like to apologise for missing a CdeC vote, this is mainly due to the site outages that meant I haven't had a lot of time to view the site
    So its Darling who is being Ostrakoned?

FALSE

Blog Entries

I'll be on a weekend trip, which starts in a couple of hours. So, my assistant Diamat will take care of everything.
    See you all Sunday evening. *whistles as he goes: Paris here I come*

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Aw, you're not staying for the derby Aik?
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat