Page 64 of 418 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 8344

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CAT Feedback Thread

That does not change the fact that you chose to include Content without consulting anyone beforehand, something which should have been done.
    You had read most of our threads and commented on proposals, and that one was there for a while with nothing, there's a reason I posted a draft not a final one. Content was not included, all I did was mention it in a draft, which has been corrected by Shankbot. All we are asking is the ability to quote your leaderboards, not require your work, your effort or the skills of your excellent staff members. Not for paralell medals but simply good fun.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    Yes. Please explain to me how allowing Major to read the leaderboards is somehow detrimental to content. That is all he is asking to do, nothing else. Anything else you have heaped on top of that is unasked for.
    Of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post

Secondly, the inclusion of Content leaderboards and competition points counting towards a House Competition implies that Content and the Curia/CAT are in a close partnership, which they are not at this time. I would prefer we discussed things further before going forward with this. As Content has not committed anything at this stage, it would be best to omit any mention of cooperation from the House Cup. I do not think it would be in the House Cup's best interests to include ambiguity like that in the draft of its operational procedure.

To reiterate, in case people glossed over the bolded text: Juvenal and I are open to discussion, and merely asked the CAT to omit any reference to a potential partnership until things had been discussed between the CAT and Hex. Major included Content without consulting Hex first. The first steps have been taken, and Content Hex are in regular content with the current TOM-CAT, Shankbot de Bodemloze. Shankbot's efforts are laudable and he is both an energetic Tom-CAT and a productive member of Content Staff. Glory to him!
    This is not about him reading them; this is about the implication between the lines of his proposed text; this is about him attempting to use the leaderboards without permission. All are free to read the leaderboards, but they must not be used without consulting Content Hex (me and Juvenal) first.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    AL,

Legio signed off as 'Content Hex' so he is speaking on behalf of Hex
    Not sure what that changes about anything, pretty sure we're just having a discussion over some disagreements. Whether it's Legio's position, Hex's position, or the position of God's mum hardly matters.

That is absolutely pathetic. This has honestly reached new lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    This is not about him reading them; this is about the implication between the lines of his proposed text; this is about him attempting to use the leaderboards without permission. All are free to read the leaderboards, but they must not be used without consulting Content Hex (me and Juvenal) first.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; December 10, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Can we change the CAT thing? Do it for the people allergic to cats.

Regarding the houses cup, there's nothing to talk about till the proposal has been finalised and officially presented to the curia. It sounds like a Harry Potter themed competition rpg thing so far, not going to attract much interest unless you are a HP/rpg fan or awards/medals/rep are involved.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Its not an official medal, its just fun, so it doesn't need a Proposal, especially since it will be in the Symposium

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Its not an official medal, its just fun, so it doesn't need a Proposal, especially since it will be in the Symposium
    The where? Symposium? Now you're just making places up.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Ah. I see. Low interest and participation it is then since neither bling nor drama will be involved (exactly the reasons why the houses died out in the first place).
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Agh! Corrosive cynicism! keep it away from me

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Why so much fighting? Can't we all just get along?

We interrupt this debate for a brief message from our sponsors.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    Agh! Corrosive cynicism! keep it away from me
    More like realism and having seen many projects and initiatives fail over the years. And I'm trying to be helpful(in my own weird way ) in order to increase participation and interest.

Sol lucet omnibus.

Well, 'real' rewards would be nice, but if they can't be had I don't think people would really care. I mean these would be collective rewards right? Not ones given to individuals.

As for the drama part, are you talking about arguments in proposal threads? Those always have a kind of nauseating effect on me

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    More like realism and having seen many projects and initiatives fail over the years. And I'm trying to be helpful(in my own weird way ) in order to increase participation and interest.
    We could set up a fantasy footie league for the houses
    As for awards, I'd say let this thing take off first before anything "rewardish" is codified and when it may come to this, we could still revive the "civic's crown" idea ...

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Well, 'real' rewards would be nice, but if they can't be had I don't think people would really care. I mean these would be collective rewards right? Not ones given to individuals.

As for the drama part, are you talking about arguments in proposal threads? Those always have a kind of nauseating effect on me
    Most people need to be motivated in order to participate. You need to attract their interest. Remember the houses are pretty much dead nowadays so doing it for your house(or your house winning the cup) hardly sounds interesting/intriguing/fun. Heck most citizens have no idea to which house they are members of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanįr View Post
    We could set up a fantasy footie league for the houses
    As for awards, I'd say let this thing take off first before anything "rewardish" is codified and when it may come to this, we could still revive the "civic's crown" idea ...
    Bring it on, you are going DOWN you sibleszian.
    Civic crown?

Sol lucet omnibus.

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Sibling rofl

1st half
    2nd half

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Patrician Citizen

Most people need to be motivated in order to participate.

Most people need to be motivated in order to participate. You need to attract their interest.
    I don't know, I find the houses themselves to be motivation enough. Would you be proposing a medal for every member of the victorious house? I don't see it as something which would add more than a superficial lustre, not something decisive in itself.

Remember the houses are pretty much dead nowadays so doing it for your house(or your house winning the cup) hardly sounds interesting/intriguing/fun. Heck most citizens have no idea to which house they are members of.
    Houses aren't dead themselves, just no-one brings them up because they serve little purpose. Remember that, although some current citizens have no interest in participating, part of the benefit would be in creating something which becomes intriguing and fun-looking to peregrinii - a lasting culture of sorts. What you're saying is that the goal should be for individuals to seek a personal reward - I think that this would be counter-productive and make the competitions lose their meaning. I mean it's about fostering a kind of 'pride' in your group and promoting fun rivalry between them, right?
    Last edited by Inkie; December 10, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

I don't know, I find the houses themselves to be motivation enough. Would you be proposing a medal for every member of the victorious house? I don't see it as something which would add more than a superficial lustre, not something decisive in itself.
    That's because you are a new citizen full of energy and excitement, believe me most people don't care about their houses. Not necessarily a medal, I'm pretty sure the curia can find a way to increase interest and participation.

Houses aren't dead themselves, just no-one brings them up because they serve little purpose. Remember that, although somemost current citizens have no interest in participating, part of the benefit would be in creating something which becomes intriguing and fun-looking to peregrinii - a lasting culture of sorts. What you're saying is that the goal should be for individuals to seek a personal reward - I think that this would be counter-productive and make the competitions lose their meaning. I mean it's about fostering a kind of 'pride' in your group and promoting fun rivalry between them, right?
    A minor but important fix. And the houses have been dead-inactive if you don't like the word dead-since 2007. People always seek rewards either personal or for the group they belong to, you may deny it and call it counter-productive but it won't change human nature.

Sol lucet omnibus.

Not necessarily a medal, I'm pretty sure the curia can find a way to increase interest and participation.
    That is the whole point of this jim, it is not a medal, and is to increase interest and participation. I feel like I'm consistently repeating myself, and thank you for the oh so cheery outlook on the opinion of citizens, but we can at least have some hope and optimism.