Page 46 of 418 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455567196146 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC Feedback Thread

Your glases look

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I love them as well

The July curial report is somewhat overdue
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; August 25, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Ill get right on that

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Major Darling is hereby appointed Lead Special Assistant to the Curator in case of any planned or unplanned absence on my part.
    Last edited by Leonidas The Lion; August 27, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Ecce Homo

Blog Entries

Uhm, as far as I can see

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Article IV. The Curator When the Curator has been absent for the time prescribed, the CdeC shall appoint a Pro-Curator. The Pro-Curator shall be the longest serving current CdeC member. Where multiple members were elected on the same day, the Pro-Curator shall be the member with the highest number of votes in the CdeC election. Should the qualifying CdeC member intend to stand for Curator, he may not become Pro-Curator and the next longest serving member is appointed.

The Pro-Curator shall carry out any outstanding tasks of the Curator that should have been done during the time the Curator was absent. During the Curator's absense, the Pro-Curator's duties shall be limited to organising any election proceedings for vacant Curial posts and organising any required CdeC polls.. Once a new Curator is elected, the Pro-Curator shall resume his duties in the CdeC.
    is clearly sepearate from

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Article IV. The CuratorThe Curator is responsible for ensuring the Curia's day-to-day tasks get done. Upon entering office the Curator must officially appoint at least one Citizen to fulfill the Curator's role on a planned or unplanned absence, and should the Curator wish, to assist him on day to day tasks.

No matter who carries out the tasks assigned to the Curator, the Curator is the one responsible for seeing that they are done promptly and correctly.
    Thus according to the Constitution in case of an absent of yours, GotR will be Pro-Curator.
    Last edited by Aikanár; August 27, 2012 at 01:46 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

There was a time when they meant the same thing, which is probably why Leo was confused, I assume what he means is the

Upon entering office the Curator must officially appoint at least one Citizen to fulfill the Curator's role on a planned or unplanned absence,
    But I don't know what the term for such an appointee is

Content Emeritus

Ah nope that second part basically describes the Pro-Curator quite well and as far as I can see there is nothing actually stopping me. The curia appointed Pro-curator is in the case that I go inactive/leave and nobody has curator powers. By appointing MD I have now ensured that in the case of me leaving or going inactive ect the Curia does not descend into a frenzy

This is my interpretation as is my right as Curator. I am not contravening the Constitution simply interpreting it differently than you.
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Up to 15 days, I think.

Blog Entries

The Curator cannot proclaim a Pro-Curator anymore since the Absent Curator Replacement Bill enacted 1st of May 2009. I kindly suggest to have a look into the Annals of Amendments to see how the role of the Pro-Curator developed and how in this procedure his appointment was seperated from the powers of the Curator.

He can for up to 15 days.

Blog Entries

Source?

If the Curator is absent (has not logged into the site) for 7 days without giving notice of an absence, or if the Curator is absent for more than 15 days regardless of notice, or if the Curator resigns, the Curator is automatically removed from office along with any appointed staff.
    The person who covers him for that absence is the very same as

Upon entering office the Curator must officially appoint at least one Citizen to fulfill the Curator's role on a planned or unplanned absence,
    There's nothing saying what the office is called, ergo, he can call it whatever he wants. Which happens to be Pro-Curator.

Blog Entries

Nope, the former is the Pro-Curator, he latter is the Curator's Assistant. This distinction exists in the Constitution for a reason. Quoting only half the paragraph does not anul this fact.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Nope, the former is the Pro-Curator, he latter is the Curator's Assistant. This distinction exists in the Constitution for a reason. Quoting only half the paragraph does not anul this fact.

Like I said you have a different interpretation that I. The constitution is vague enough to allow this I suggest you amend it if it troubles you.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Where in the Constitution is the word, "Assistant" used? It says Assist, but not that they are 'assistants'. I'm curious

Blog Entries

True, the word Assistant does not appear in the Constitution, but likewise there is a disctinction made from the Pro-Curator and those who assist the Curator and that was done for exactly the reason to not enable the Curator to appoint a Pro-Curator and for the reason to not enable an Assistant to become Pro-Curator either, besides only if he was the longest serving member of the CdeC.

IIRC the reason for the seperation of this was the attempted VonC coup d'etat of the then to be Pro-Curator with the intention to become Curator.

As I said, if you take a look into the Annals of Amendments and read the corresponding debate threads you will get an impression why this distinction was made.

Besides Curator's discretion ends where the Constitution is explecit. But alas, I've experienced enough of your interpretation of the office of the Curator to just not vote for you again

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Section III, Article IV. The Curator does not appoint a Pro-Curator; the CdeC does, and only after the Curator has been absent.. Perhaps Leonidas was confused by the terminology, though, and merely wished to confirm Major as Assistant.

Edit: If Leonidas has really appointed Major as Pro-Curator then it directly contravenes the procedure set forth in the most current form of the Constitution. If I may, I recommend a reversal of this (unconstitutional!) decision so that we may all return to our work; we all make mistakes and it's healthy to be publicly accountable for one's actions.
    Last edited by Legio; August 27, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

I think the issue is, Legio and Aikanar, there is no set term for these 'assistants', yes precedent has had them called that, but really there is nothing halting Curator's discretion, and them being called something like Pro-Curator. Nothing at all.

Besides Curator's discretion ends where the Constitution is explecit. But alas, I've experienced enough of your interpretation of the office of the Curator to just not vote for you again
    Im not sure if this is to me or Leo, but I apologise () if you think Im being ignorant, if anything Im pointing out an issue in the Constitution