Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] UndyingNephalim (Patron: Finlander)

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 23, 2015 at 11:24 PM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Says the guy wearing the Artifex badge. I suppose it never occurred to you the majority of members of this site, if asked, would say you were an Artifex before a citizen, the clue is on the badge you wear.

Irony not big among Ferrets I guess.

Back on topic. I'll wait for the Opifex nomination, more traffic, traffic is good...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Com'on now Halie, I expect more from you, of all, than to be unaware of that I perfectly understand of the difference between Citizenship and citizenship badges of cultural, rethorical and individual use. It's only ironic if I would ignorant to the difference between a vote for Citizenship, which allow a person to don the Artifex-badge at will, and the idea that we can vote for Artifex-Citizenship, which do not exist in the constitution and thus do not provide any previliges.
    By the way I have chosen the User Group Opifex and then the badge come by default. Perhaps there's some way to avoid that, but why shouldn't I be proud to display myself as a Citizen who mod? I am, and I used the Artifex badge often through the years, also before the Opifex-award. Even if I was not presented as one in my applicantion nor voted for as an 'Artifex' by CdeC; it was not even mentioned. Do this grind your gears?

And, as per On Topic: go UndyingNephalim, go!
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 23, 2015 at 08:11 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi
    Com'on now Halie, I expect more from you, of all, than to be unaware of that I perfectly understand of the difference between Citizenship and citizenship badges of cultural, rethorical and individual use. It's only ironic if I would ignorant to the difference between a vote for Citizenship, which allow a person to don the Artifex-badge at will, and the idea that we can vote for Artifex-Citizenship, which do not exist in the constitution and thus do not provide any previliges.
    By the way I have chosen the User Group Opifex and then the badge come by default. Perhaps there's some way to avoid that, but why shouldn't I be proud to display myself as a Citizen who mod? I am, and I used the Artifex badge often through the years, also before the Opifex-award. Even if I was not presented as one in my applicantion nor voted for as an 'Artifex' by CdeC; it was not even mentioned. Do this grind your gears?
    If it smells like an Artifex and tastes like an Artifex it must be an Artifex.

To elaborate. When we review a candidate the most important elements we look at are the contributions, Artifex/Civitate/Citizen. Whether or not they are *warm and fluffy is a bonus but, to my knowledge, as long as they don't drown puppies for fun has never been cause for a refusal, more true now the process is open.

*Citizenship is based on those extra criteria which are only constitutionalised as requirements, which does not include anything to do with character specifically bar the 'no warnings.'

Whether or not a citizen who has no history in an area displays the badge associated with contributions in that area is a personal choice. One imo, which is dishonest. However, due to poor choice of words in the constitution a loop hole was created and is exploited by the unscrupulous. This is another matter, one which I admit in the elitist self aggrandising halls of the curia doesn't seem to grind as many gears as I'd have thought.

Blog Entries

Town hall.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

User titles are finally being changed - they should filter through soon.

And how is that the site is beating the record of visitors today. Now 51 visitors in CVRIA. Even 3 visitors in the cemetery constantly there, as if they were guarding it? 29 in Forum Magnum, 15, FIFTEEN of them in inactive committes thread.

Have they finally come to this planet? are not we alone in the universe?

Well, at least there is more traffic, even in the inactive threads.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 31, 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Bots..

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Bots..
    Little gorts?

Blog Entries

Of some kind, I think any forum that has a flurry of real activity attracts bots.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    User titles are finally being changed - they should filter through soon.
    Great news, cheers.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Well, did they implement it including the typos at "Tribunis" (should be Tribunus) and "Magister Officorum" (Officiorum)?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

spy of the council

Well the person who did it was me so what you see is indeed what I implemented So I will check, second looks like a typo but the first looks like the spelling I was given - sorry I was not verifying their correctness when I did it - but granted my typing can be awful at times. I will get those two corrected shortly.

[edit] Done, but it has to go through all users for the titles.
    Last edited by Ybbon; August 03, 2015 at 03:46 PM.

They're both mistakes already included in the original proposal when it was passed, so they're certainly not your fault.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

There are quite a few citizenship threads still open and those peeps have yet to receive the badge they have earned. I recall reading that Pike was busy elsewhere, but would it be possible for CA to close the applications which should have concluded 11 days ago already? I don't mean to sound as I am complaining, merely just wondering if this could be carried out by the assistant.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

I could move the threads to the Antechamber, but according to Pike's general orders for me, Citizen applications are not my responsibility but his. Also, lacking sufficient permissions I cannot accept Citizen group join requests.
    So, all I could do would be cosmetic changes in thread display and probably not even that without further orders from Pike.
    Last edited by Iskar; August 05, 2015 at 06:34 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I see I got awarded a cloth to cover myself up with; I give my honest gratitude to those who spoken for me, voted for me, and indeed those who not voted against me haha

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    I could move the threads to the Antechamber, but according to Pike's general orders for me, Citizen applications are not my responsibility but his. Also, lacking sufficient permissions I cannot accept Citizen group join requests.
    So, all I could do would be cosmetic changes in thread display and probably not even that without further orders from Pike.
    I know Pike has been on recently, but the constitution states:

"Upon entering office the Curator must officially appoint at least one Citizen to fulfil the Curator's role on a planned or unplanned absence, and should the Curator wish, to assist with day to day tasks. No matter who carries out the tasks assigned to the elected Curator, the Curator is the one responsible for seeing that they are done promptly and correctly."

So if he was away then the CA should have the ability to fulfil the Curators duties and that includes processing any concluded votes. I'm not sure that has changed at all, he may carry the ultimate responsibility but that doesn't mean you cannot or should not carry out those duties. I may be wrong of course, not up on my curial minutiae.

Hmm, maybe you have a point there. My reasoning was twofold:
    Practically, I could not do anything meaningful, as I have no control over the Citizen usergroups.
    Theoretically, since according to the section you cited the Curator is always held responsible for anything his assistants do it follows that the assistants, having no responsibility hence neither have any permission to act on their own unless explicitly ordered to. Responsibility and authority always have to go indivisbly linked, in my opinion. I'd have no issue with taking responsibility for what I do as subsidiary Curator, but as long as the Constitution states that I cannot take this responsibility I act on orders only.