Page 87 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3762777879808182838485868788899091929394959697112137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 8345

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CCT Feedback Thread

I woner if thats bad or good towards me ? Just so I can interpert it ok

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I'll do some digging and get back to you.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Any moderation issues?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

No issues. I think I am going to abstain on this one.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I woner if thats bad or good towards me ? Just so I can interpert it ok
    The fact that you even posted at all sets you in better stead than most of CdeC

Noif was the winner though

Blog Entries

Thanks then shall try to improve !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    That's a weird reason not to post any reasoning at all in an application. A basic premise of keeping the Antechamber publicly viewable is so that other members can look at the applications and learn from them. God knows what impression CdeC would make from Stylix's application. The short and sharp vote might fulfill the primary goal of ensuring someone is admitted or not but it doesn't do anything else.

I don't know how much work all members of CdeC did for Stylix's application but it doesn't look good. It's not that hard to post in the thread and say why you voted the way you did. I mean, you've got Brewster asking for moderation issues and another councillor asking for moderation clarification again six days later because it didn't happen. The vote then finished before any moderation history was never posted in the thread despite another councillor being a moderator. In that case, it's not hard to just PM a moderator and ask them to check on these things for you. I entirely echo StealthFox and Inkie Pie that it just looks a bit shoddy.
    There are two aspects to this. If we are talking about councillors stating the reasons they posted, then it is a legitimate thing. However, I was talking about the point that councillors posting about the entire thought process in every application.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

My view on this is that the applicant and his proposer have taken the time to submit an application, it is only respectful of a CDEC member to post a couple of lines in the reasoning behind his decision, it does not take long and its just being polite

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    My view on this is that the applicant and his proposer have taken the time to submit an application, it is only respectful of a CDEC member to post a couple of lines in the reasoning behind his decision, it does not take long and its just being polite
    That's what I said, and what most do. But I also add that how they write is their discretion, either short and up to the point or detailed and blow by blow account.

Can the current curator please talk to the technical staff about this and have it implemented now?
    [Decision] Latin Custom Titles

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Can the current curator please talk to the technical staff about this and have it implemented now?
    [Decision] Latin Custom Titles
    I wish I could, but I've forgotten how to type!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Salve conservus senatores! I'm pleased to find the Curia in good health. It appears as though the innovation and productivity attributed to this august body remains as consistent as ever. Doubtless matters of great import have been championed in these hallowed halls throughout the full measure of my business in Hispania, and I woefully regret that I was not present to partake of them. Yet I must confess to not understanding the meaning of this new bureaucratic device 'abandoned'. A-ban-do-ned. Doesn't really roll off the tongue; Gallic influence I suspect, unsavory that lot. It appears everywhere within the Archives and I'm not sure what to make of it. Surely this ever prescient and relevant institution has not ceased to be the centerpiece of the TWC Republic, it would be madness to suggest it, nay, treasonous. Please, fellow Citizens, assure this weary old man of the strength of the Republic, lest I expire on the spot owing to my weak complexion.

EDIT: Incidentally, I planned on implementing the latin titles as requested, but it's taking ~7 years in between page loads currently, so I'll hold off until the net time it would take is more manageable. Here's a list of the Shogun titles in case the Feds realize they've been swindled too late and want to revert to the current ones (once they've been changed, that is).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hōi ramu 0
    Ikko-Ikki 1
    Kabe difendā 30
    Sukauto 50
    Ashigaru 75
    Yari-hei 100
    Shashu 150
    Kirā 225
    Supai 300
    Shisai 350
    Taihō no heishi 450
    Ishiyumi no shashu 600
    Sōkō yumi 750
    Kihei 900
    Sōkō no yari 1100
    Senshi 1400
    Kei kihei 1700
    Chugen 2000
    Banzai jūden-ki 2400
    Baitai kihei 2800
    Jukutatsu shita 3500
    Ronin 4500
    Kamikaze 5500
    Sohei 6750
    Jū kihei 7500
    Ninja 9000
    Samurai 10000
    Roiyarugādo 12000
    Taishi 14500
    Hime 16000
    Ōji 18000
    Sōzoku-jin 20000
    Gashira 23000
    Daimyo 26000
    Jōgi 30000
    Shogun 35000
    Kotei 45000
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; September 03, 2013 at 06:37 AM.

I have PMed brew about my thoughts on the whole wiki thing and the applicant in question. People who seem to be in his favour and those not in, seem to be not exactly right about some things. And if putting game info from the game files into wiki database is plagiarism then i'm the biggest plagiarist on TWC since i made most of them on wiki.

Blog Entries

As I said that example was a bit harsh my apologies for that
    Also it's not like I'm not grateful somebody does it I frequently use the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    As I said that example was a bit harsh my apologies for that
    Also it's not like I'm not grateful somebody does it I frequently use the wiki.
    No need to apologize, i know you're not a native speaker and sometimes somethings are not conveyed properly via english, it happens to me quite often as well. Imo plagiarism would come into question when a certain article is a property of an individual author. Here it's property of SEGA\CA. And they certainly don't have a problem with that since it only promotes\advertises their game by display of game info on the web.

Blog Entries

Thanks for understanding

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I have been following Adamat Citizenship Application and I have become a little confused , perhaps its just me, but I would like some clarification form the Curator or CDEC. One of the councillors states that he will have to go away and get some clarification and report back, on doing so he abstains on the basis of skullduggery. If what he as discovered as that effect, should the other councillors not be told. If they have within CDEC hallowed halls and its private, I believe the CDEC member should edit his post accordingly, as it leaves the rest of us wondering what as been found.

I have found this recent application very interesting, the word contribution always figures highly, the quality, the quantity, lets not forget another big 'C' word, commitment, this application shows plenty of that, just my 2 cents for what its worth
    Last edited by Navajo Joe; October 02, 2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Misspelling

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

I have been following Adamat Citizenship Application and I have become a little confused , perhaps its just me, but I would like some clarification form the Curator or CDEC. One of the councillors states that he will have to go away and get some clarification and report back, on doing so he abstains on the basis of skullduggery. If what he as discovered as that effect, should the other councillors not be told. If they have within CDEC hallowed halls and its private, I believe the CDEC member should edit his post accordingly, as it leaves the rest of us wondering what as been found.
    Like I said, I wanted to use the word skullduggery in a conversation. I needed to have something clarified, I got the clarification, but just in case that seemed in any way biased I abstained myself from voting. I stated in my post that had I not abstained I would have voted yes.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I know this applicant well from my NTW modding days. He is a genius. Not only are his mod contributions incredible, but he also helps other modders-in-progress. Back in the days, he helped me out a lot with my own modding work. A ridiculously easy decision, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

I support diamat. Also Radboud a mod forum is relevant. I dont even have one for any of my mods and I was granted citizenship for it. He reaches more community then me i my mod treads