Page 80 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990105130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 8342

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curator/CdeC/CCT Feedback Thread

I would, and will normally stay silent on any case before the CdeC unless I see a procedural or Constitutional comment to make. I realise now my comment was a little heavy handed, and in the future will ensure to remain as impartial as possible.

Massive & intense grudges extend for quite many years on TWC when such a thing happens. Anonymity should be protected at all costs in a referral. If someone is posting stupid referrals over and over again then it's only lolz for the curia, you shouldn't get frustrated from it and accidently mention his\her own name by referring him. A **** up that would be.

And LOL at diamat's refferal btw, impale a guy for being too bold and honest about what he truly feels in curia. Curia would be much more simpler if we had a few more diamats.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Regarding this application. Don't have too much of an opinion on it, just curious about something. These Total War videos have been posted to TWC, but they're not held in his favour because they're hosted on Youtube. Why though? TWC hasn't got its own place to upload and host videos!

It's always been an interesting one with the rise of Youtube and that. Never really made a firm view up on it myself, so be interesting if someone gives me one!
    If someone is sharing his TW videos which he made personally then it's a major contribution in my opinion, video editing is no easy feat. And where else one would upload high definition videos lol? Tons of video\game walkthrough websites upload on YT and that's why YT extension is embedded in the forum. Our video section would be dead without it. LuckyLewis is the man that can shed some more light into it as he managed the forum for several years. Why am i telling you this in the first place? What you want mister fantastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    We've had a few rows about this in the past. Got my butt chewed about it and then some....
    It was hero's application wasn't it?

This isn't really feedback, I'm merely putting out a feeler and this thread seems convenient. I know it's about an award again. Sorry for interrupting the masses of discussions going on currently for this...

There was talk of a one shot award on someone bringing in lots of new blood to the Curia through patronisation. What's the feeling on removing the requirements of having been a Curator on this award, so that it could be used by the Curia to award anyone who makes real big efforts for the Curia? For example, hesus served on CdeC for a massive long time with distinction and would deserve such an award. Someone like Squid could get it for all his years of input as a non-elected Hex CdeC. There could be a whole host of things the Curia could show it's gratitude to people with it. Maybe encourage others to also put in a big effort like. If someone brought in a load of citizens over time, than that too could be considered for it.

Any opinions? I mean, we've got an award that only a small number ever become eligible for. We vote and decide on who gets the award regardless. Why bother with conditions and restrictions on it? I mean, you can "serve" the Curia in many ways - seems bizarre to have a "service award" where only one particular service is eligible. We could remove the conditions, then give it to Halie for his many years of Curial commentary! That wouldn't irritate him at all, I'm sure.
    Not sure about this. Any other work is generally done by the curator alone. For any long term work in CdeC they have their own medal levels. This would include assistants though, perhaps a general statement including any other important curial activity or work should be added. So maybe yeah, an assistant making reports and **** for a year or 2 should get it as it does take copious amounts of time to prepare it but then again it should be like the ones you made it.

And looks like Brewster is having a tough time in his first term. You can be easily provoked from the looks of it, no need to get so agitated like that. During my first term i was hesitant and didn't spoke or posted whatever i felt but i rather read previous cases, understood the environment and took advice from Meg, Jom, Hesus and Legio. Perhaps you should have done the same. You can repair this by reviewing a modding application in detail, our work speaks for itself. I agree with pontifex that one shouldn't just go with the flow, no point in being a member then. Try to see if their reasoning seems alright to you as well or not. I know you did the same but English isn't your first language so sometimes it isn't transparent in your posts. Just make sure that you aren't being a problem in someone else's application as in a distraction\derailment. Anyways referral may have been avoided if someone senior would've explained it a bit. Anyways now you know. If you want advice regarding anything then you can always PM Omni or imb39, they will be perfect mentors for you.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Second term actually.

But thanks I guess.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Curia would be much more simpler if we had a few more diamats.
    Be careful what you wish for.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Fire beats bird.

greetings,

the Antichrist

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post

Fire beats bird.

greetings,

the Antichrist
    And thus the inevitable happens.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Mmmhhh. I had roasted chicken today. It was good. I love freshly roasted chicken.

By the way, your awesome video isn't working, Robin. I know which one it is though. It's so cute.

It is with a heavy heart that I must resign my position of Curator immediately. I know I promised a lot and I hoped I could fulfil it all, but sadly I have a new job and also a new house which doesn't have Internet yet and won't for maybe a couple of weeks. I feel I've let myself, the CdeC and the CVRIA down but I feel my resignation is in their best interests. I wish all of you the best wishes, and I'm sure ill still be around just with sparser activity.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    It is with a heavy heart that I must resign my position of Curator immediately. I know I promised a lot and I hoped I could fulfil it all, but sadly I have a new job and also a new house which doesn't have Internet yet and won't for maybe a couple of weeks. I feel I've let myself, the CdeC and the CVRIA down but I feel my resignation is in their best interests. I wish all of you the best wishes, and I'm sure ill still be around just with sparser activity.

I'm sad to see you go. You were doing very well, but real life is always more important so can't blame you. RL comes first - always. You're letting no one down, and you've served the Curia extremely well for many years with distinction whether Curator or not. Good luck with the new job and house move man. Condolences if you're moving away to the Swindon area!

Two Curator's in a row we've lost to RL now, which is a bit tricky for keeping the wheels turning. I said I wouldn't run in an election again, but I'm going to reign in that promise and run on a platform of reform and restoring stability when the time comes. We need to make the Curia the sexy blonde in the corner every wants again in time for RTWII!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Real Life, always keeping a playa down!

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Two Curator's in a row we've lost to RL now, which is a bit tricky for keeping the wheels turning. I said I wouldn't run in an election again, but I'm going to reign in that promise and run on a platform of reform and restoring stability when the time comes. We need to make the Curia the sexy blonde in the corner every wants again in time for RTWII!

As ong as you don't talk about the Console War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

TTFN, Darling.

I suppose the Curia needs a new pro-curator and another election thread.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

CdeC election needs some attention.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Nervermind
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; June 20, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

The magistrate election is over.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Sorry Hesus, it is opposite day; so according to that poll, I WIN!!!!

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Sorry Hesus, it is opposite day; so according to that poll, I WIN!!!!
    Since it is opposite day, then you did not win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    I see that. Not happy to see the result.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Not in the face, not in the face hesus!