Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

ah I didn't get that it was withdrawn
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    ah I didn't get that it was withdrawn
    Oops it was closed down by the Curator, but effectively that's the same as if it were withdrawn imo. You were right the first time though.

Also, what are the rules (or at least expectations) regarding supporters and listing their ranks? Halie and Tango made comments on my amendment proposal that its not relevant/the done thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    I would also strongly advise not to list anyone as actual or potential supports unless they say so in the thread, for the avoidance of doubt. Their positions/awards on the site are also not relevant here.
    Here's one application (from 2014) that lists the "required supporters" (I don't know whether that's still a thing, but I reckon it's a good idea) and has the rank of the supporters indicated via their name colour.
    Here's Frunk's application for Man of the Hour for GED. User's ranks are indicated via their name colour.
    Here's Frunk's application for Curia Service Award for Iskar. User's ranks are indicated via their name colour.
    Here's Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze's application for Opifex for UndyingNephalim. User's ranks are indicated via their name colour.
    Here's Pikestance's application for Opifex for Swiss Halberdier. User's large awards are indicated.
    Here's my application for Opifex for Dresden, no-one commented on me listing the user's who have large awards.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

The clear difference. They are all award proposals where the credentials of the support is relevant. Your proposal is not.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The clear difference. They are all award proposals where the credentials of the support is relevant. Your proposal is not.
    Three amendment proposals by Frunk, two by Shankbot de Bodemloze, one by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze, and one by Makrell indicated the supporter's rank via their name colour. Perhaps its rare, but its not a shocking breach of protocol.

Frunk 1
    Frunk 2
    Frunk 3
    Shankbot 1
    Shankbot 2
    Mega Tortas de Bodemloze 1
    Makrell 1
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 14, 2018 at 05:12 AM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Personally I find username colour far less important here than actually putting the rank/award in brackets after the name. That is definitely irrelevant.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think that you misunderstood Tango's remark. It was for the line about potential supporters (the one you have edited ) and not about supporters' rank. By mentionning potential supporters, people could get confused and could think that those (potential supporters) were actually supporters.

Edit: ninja-ed by Tango
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

@ Lifthrasir, there's no misunderstanding-my comments referred to both aspects.

Blog Entries

My bad then
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    You are not a member of the GS yet you continue to speak on their behalf alluding to things which I presume are covered by SND, I wonder where you are getting your information from
    Time as GS, Community providing reports to me personally to forward to Hex, and then the Hex team in itself. And no, you can't judge matters on details you're not privy too, that's just common sense.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

I mostly added username colours to my proposals because I like pretty colours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Time as GS, Community providing reports to me personally to forward to Hex, and then the Hex team in itself. And no, you can't judge matters on details you're not privy too, that's just common sense.
    I don't want to be harsh but if the Curia is unable to judge such matters, what's the point of bringing them here?

Blog Entries

I didn't? If iv'e got someone derailing my thread, and that thread being locked, where else am i meant to bring it?

Blog Entries

A PM to the Curator, for instance, should have suffice. I don't know how it works in the HS forum, but in the Curia, there are rules and procedures to follow. It cost nothing to ask first instead of creating a mess. Many Citizens would have replied to you.

Blog Entries

Curator, Hex, Moderation, have done nothing but a severe disappointment and upholding a double standard, i'd rather have genuine answers than the red curtain pulled down. Been putting up with that too long

Blog Entries

^^ Your opinion. Again, that's not because things don't evolve as you wish that it gives you the right to blame official bodies or to spread the mud around.

Blog Entries

Oh if i posted the list of evidence, it would be about 100 SND violations spanning 2 years (They would just love it if they did) I don't say things based on opinion, i say things on exactly how they are.

Blog Entries

If you refer to the HS forum, then you should have PM the Hex responsible of your department.
    If you refer to the recent events in Soul's award proposal, you should have PM the Curator.
    I can't be more clear - I think

Blog Entries

I thought i was clear on indicating the lack of capability and the double standards held by the Curator, HS forum stuff has been responded too only in response in the Novus proposal. Indicating Jadli was banned for a string of SND / TOS / advertising other sites / Presenting misleading information is merely pointing out to the Curia why this individual may uphold a grudge to derail a thread (As he blames Soul, not Hex for issuing the bans, or himself for doing as such).

^Save time for moderators, I know ya'll must be getting a lot of "SND" reports atm, this is clearly stated by Hex in public domain.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

For the record, moderators don't deal with SND, since we're - you know - not privy to whether something is or is not SND, because of SND. It's a matter for Hex, so instead of reporting, it's best to PM Hex directly. Hader is the man for GS-related matters.

Blog Entries

Moderation has nothing to do with SND as implied in my previous post somehow. That should be clear for you now.

This is not the 1st time and the only place that the issue from the GS/HS raises. From my opinion, this is the one time too much.

Edit: you've been faster than me Frunk