Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Congratulations Iskar on his Phalera. Good to see a member recognized for their positive contributions to the board.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Congratulations Iskar on his Phalera. Good to see a member recognized for their positive contributions to the board.
    Plus one! A much deserved recognition

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Just curious. Can anyone tell me why StealthFox has the Curator badge at the same time Elfdude is part of the Consul group?

Didn't the "Curator is renamed to Consul" amendment passed in late 2018?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

My guess is because he became curator while it was curator and was elected while I'm an assistant. Or it's because I've never displayed the badge in question.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Or switching the badges for the curial position still need to be done, but hasn't been done yet.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Citizen

Testing seems to show you're correct.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yep, the user group was renamed to Consul, the correct badge just hasn't been uploaded yet. I believe Hex is waiting to upload it as part of the entire new 3k set.

In other news, the Curial Overhaul amendment has passed. I'll work on updating the Constitution and coordinate with Hex for other aspects requiring their help. These are some big changes so please bear with us, it may take some time to get everything sorted out.

Curial Assistants are now retasked as Censors, and it's expected that we have two. Elfdude will continue on, but we'll need one more. I have a few people in mind I might reach out to, but I'm happy to have other people nominate themselves. Please consider doing so to serve as Censor, but to also help implement the new changes, especially if you voted for the overhaul and would like to see it implemented quickly.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Congratulations Hader on getting the proposal passed

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Yep, the user group was renamed to Consul, the correct badge just hasn't been uploaded yet. I believe Hex is waiting to upload it as part of the entire new 3k set.

In other news, the Curial Overhaul amendment has passed. I'll work on updating the Constitution and coordinate with Hex for other aspects requiring their help. These are some big changes so please bear with us, it may take some time to get everything sorted out.

Curial Assistants are now retasked as Censors, and it's expected that we have two. Elfdude will continue on, but we'll need one more. I have a few people in mind I might reach out to, but I'm happy to have other people nominate themselves. Please consider doing so to serve as Censor, but to also help implement the new changes, especially if you voted for the overhaul and would like to see it implemented quickly.
    Citizenship is now just a vote.

On a positive note (maybe), citizen referrals are back after a very brief hiatus.

The question is now; what to do with citizenship? It doesn't have much value and people do not seem to want it to have value.

Patrician Citizen

You're one of the few who feel that way. Sorry but exclusivity has little to do with why I value it.

Just to clarify something, non-Citizens are only given access to the Prothalamos right? So they still have to use the Curial Commentary Thread in the Q&S to talk about the Curia otherwise, and cannot use this thread? (Personally I'd prefer it if they could use this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    You're one of the few who feel that way. Sorry but exclusivity has little to do with why I value it.
    You do realize it was never about exclusivity. It got turned that way over time. Citizenship was never an "Ivory tower" in which you had to strive incredibly hard to get to. It was meant as an incentive to get people to vote by offering the benefit of helping the site improve for betterment. The application for zoner16 was a perfect illustration.

Anyone who thinks citizenship is about exclusivity is deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Just to clarify something, non-Citizens are only given access to the Prothalamos right? So they still have to use the Curial Commentary Thread in the Q&S to talk about the Curia otherwise, and cannot use this thread? (Personally I'd prefer it if they could use this thread)
    Then what would be a point of citizenship? Before, citizenship was a recognition of something- participation. Now, citizenship offers virtually nothing- a vote. The incentive of something more is now gone. Our last chance of recapturing what this site once was has, for now, gone. We will become "Org" brethren.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Our last chance of recapturing what this site once was has, for now, gone. We will become "Org" brethren.
    What about the Wiki? The focus on mods here contra the official forum? What about the numerous things offered by Staff here? The many publications, the Screenshot competitions, the writing competitions, the art support bit, everything Content Staff does really,, Gaming Staff RPG and Hotseats, the Curia is still special. The activity, friendliness and proffesionalism shown by the site runners too, and how much they care about the site and not the bling, from friendly, amazing feedback to what people write to providing emotional and personal support on tough matters.

I do not mean to come across as a suck-up. This forum has, in my opinion plenty to offer to make itself stand out, and I love TWC and the members in here too for it.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Honestly surprised that the proposal passed, even more so by the margin. A sad day indeed for the Curia.

But I'll try not to be too bitter. Best of luck with it, I hope you'll prove us naysayers wrong.

Then what would be a point of citizenship? Before, citizenship was a recognition of something- participation. Now, citizenship offers virtually nothing- a vote. The incentive of something more is now gone.
    The vote is the most important thing. Whats more important, a minor country being in the UN or one of the Big Five's veto powers? Citizens still have the final say over what gets added to the site, and to appease your perspective, without us nothing can be done.

Letting non-citizens in means there is MORE for us to do, and what we do will hopefully be of a higher quality because we will have more insights and points of view to help shape the proposals/changes that are passed by the Curia.

Our last chance of recapturing what this site once was has, for now, gone. We will become "Org" brethren.
    There are, at most, 30 members of the Curia who actually engage in Curial stuff. These 30 people are the only things that hold together this entire site? Sorry but no, just no. There is much more that makes up TWC than the Curia and we should all be working to broaden those areas rather than focusing so much on 1 body which is barely active, and which the great majority of people who use TWCenter are incapable of even being involved in since they're not Citizens.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 21, 2019 at 03:51 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE

Let's hope the latest Curial change will work for the best. If not, then we could always return to previous alternatives.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Honestly surprised that the proposal passed, even more so by the margin. A sad day indeed for the Curia.

But I'll try not to be too bitter. Best of luck with it, I hope you'll prove us naysayers wrong.
    Same, a sad day indeed.

Now my citizenship has been devaluated like this I see no reason to linger on here anymore. Funny, my biggest contributions were here and I've now, in a sense, see it vaporized.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es

How has the proposal vaporised your contributions?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just because I feel this is obligatory...

---

I'll work with SF in implementing things over the next few days (and probably will in part be extended out some weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Same, a sad day indeed.

Now my citizenship has been devaluated like this I see no reason to linger on here anymore. Funny, my biggest contributions were here and I've now, in a sense, see it vaporized.
    And how would all your contributions to this site be vaporized because of losing one exclusive part of citizenship? That makes it sound like contributions are worthless without citizenship to show for it and/or back it up. Nothing I have done in my many years in staff feels devalued simply because a few more people without citizenship can now mingle a little more closely in a single forum.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This is a glorious day for the Curia. Common sense finally prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Same, a sad day indeed.

Quite the opposite. This has increased the value of your badge because it is now what it was always meant to be, a reward, instead of a burden or obligation.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!