Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

I nominate Brewster for curator

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I'm honored by the mention but I think my time here has come to an end. Over seven days I have been here for a year and two months. A long ambition has been fulfilled with it and I think it's time for another.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I'm honored by the mention but I think my time here has come to an end. Over seven days I have been here for a year and two months. A long ambition has been fulfilled with it and I think it's time for another.
    What’s next? Dictator perpetuo?

Blog Entries

Sssshhh don't divulge the plans son
    I mean.. you are supposed to decline twice and accept the third time right?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

thanks for the update with the report brewster

if I was not censor already I would apply voor curator
    alas it is not meant to be
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

This certainly is not playing out as I have planned.. quite frankly I was of the opinion that many people would jump at the opportunity to get the Curator's "chair". Frankly I am content to have the election remained opened until a candidate arrives but I do not want the most important of the curial offices to remain incumbent for a longer period of time. I'm severely reluctant against running again for the office, I've had my fair share of criticism this period. Perhaps not unfounded, perhaps it was. Regardless I have always served with a pleasure to the community I have called my home for the past seven years in which it had always been my ambition to once grace the "chair". I have known many defeats in the time I had tried to throw my name into the ring for Curial offices yet I remained in office for 14 months. The awarding of best Curialist was something that had greatly humbled me and made me feel joyful. I do not exactly care for the shiny medals that grace underneath my profile picture but nonetheless it was something that was extremely meaningful to me. Sometimes I try to tell myself that I would never be in this position if it were not for the declining activity the site is dealing with but the people of this community can sometimes be a great motivator for people in leading positions.

I hope that soon there will be someone that applies and that the person in question will turn out to be a much better curator than I have been or will ever be. I have fulfilled my ambitions and perhaps not to the fullest potential that people saw in me but it greatly humbles and pleases me that there were people who always believed in me and were sure to give me the much needed push to continue to act as the Curator of this magnificent piece of community, which lives and breathes so much history. I once came here looking after RTW and Napoleon mods.. If I ever leave, I will know that I was appreciated by some if not many and that I made an impact, however so small perhaps but an impact no less.

Thanks to all the people who always believed, who always pushed, who always remained critical and did not shy away from the hard discussions in which we perhaps disagreed but kept the dialogue going nonetheless. Thank you citizens of TWC!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by ♔atthias♔ View Post
    thanks for the update with the report brewster

if I was not censor already I would apply voor curator
    alas it is not meant to be
    So quit your censorship. It's easier to find candidates for censor.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Thank you citizens of TWC!
    You have a decent and humble personality which comes across and deserves respect. Any half wit can keep to a schedule and and follow procedures, not everyone can do so with good grace and humour.

Quote Originally Posted by P
    I nominate Halie for Curator
    You do not use a Hippo to kill a crocodile.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    So quit your censorship. It's easier to find candidates for censor.
    well there where no candidates for censor either this time and I fear to be a curator I do not think I can handle it
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔atthias♔ View Post
    well there where no candidates for censor either this time and I fear to be a curator I do not think I can handle it
    You could definitely handle it.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    You have a decent and humble personality which comes across and deserves respect. Any half wit can keep to a schedule and and follow procedures, not everyone can do so with good grace and humour.

You are far to hard on yourself.

IM SURE YOU COULD MANAGE.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    ne exeat

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

This certainly is not playing out as I have planned.. quite frankly I was of the opinion that many people would jump at the opportunity to get the Curator's "chair". Frankly I am content to have the election remained opened until a candidate arrives but I do not want the most important of the curial offices to remain incumbent for a longer period of time. I'm severely reluctant against running again for the office, I've had my fair share of criticism this period. Perhaps not unfounded, perhaps it was. Regardless I have always served with a pleasure to the community I have called my home for the past seven years in which it had always been my ambition to once grace the "chair". I have known many defeats in the time I had tried to throw my name into the ring for Curial offices yet I remained in office for 14 months. The awarding of best Curialist was something that had greatly humbled me and made me feel joyful. I do not exactly care for the shiny medals that grace underneath my profile picture but nonetheless it was something that was extremely meaningful to me. Sometimes I try to tell myself that I would never be in this position if it were not for the declining activity the site is dealing with but the people of this community can sometimes be a great motivator for people in leading positions.

I hope that soon there will be someone that applies and that the person in question will turn out to be a much better curator than I have been or will ever be. I have fulfilled my ambitions and perhaps not to the fullest potential that people saw in me but it greatly humbles and pleases me that there were people who always believed in me and were sure to give me the much needed push to continue to act as the Curator of this magnificent piece of community, which lives and breathes so much history. I once came here looking after RTW and Napoleon mods.. If I ever leave, I will know that I was appreciated by some if not many and that I made an impact, however so small perhaps but an impact no less.

Thanks to all the people who always believed, who always pushed, who always remained critical and did not shy away from the hard discussions in which we perhaps disagreed but kept the dialogue going nonetheless. Thank you citizens of TWC!
    Thanks for your service old bean...

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

So any comments on the alternate modding staff proposal? I'm going to be pushing for it to go to the vote as soon as it can.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    So any comments on the alternate modding staff proposal? I'm going to be pushing for it to go to the vote as soon as it can.
    I'll check it today or tomorrow. Reading from smartphones is quite painful for my eyes.

No volunteers to be Curator?! I wish I was eligible, alas.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; August 26, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries

As if you have the time

Pfft, if you could do it how hard could it be?

Blog Entries

I just can't do it without Lifthrasir .

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Not possible until the end of the year earliest. Too busy in RL. Sorry Mate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader