Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    It serves no purpose than to try and make Gaius unwelcome.
    I didn’t raise the past, in particular the October revolt, Gaius did. However, I don’t think it right to make accusations against members who are no longer active while casting oneself as a shining knight. Did you read the curator debate thread?. Seems some people are interested in site history.

Either leave it, as was largely agreed 10 years ago. Or be honest about it.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Due to some issues at work I'll be a little less active. My sexy assistant's have been informed and will pick up. Shouldn't take more than a week or two I hope. I'll spend some more time explaining it during my Curator Report .

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I didn’t raise the past, in particular, the October revolt, Gaius did. However, I don’t think it right to make accusations against members who are no longer active while casting oneself as a shining knight. Did you read the curator debate thread?. Seems some people are interested in site history.

Either leave it, as was largely agreed 10 years ago. Or be honest about it.
    Most if not all current posters do not read the archives as I do, so they barely even know who these people are much less care about what happened on the site. It isn't relevant today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    Most if not all current posters do not read the archives as I do, so they barely even know who these people are much less care about what happened on the site. It isn't relevant today.
    Again, I did not raise the issue. But I'm pretty sure when the current curator and candidate for the next term, asks the other candidate about past events and he answers. It becomes relevant.

You were correct to point that out; however, I do not think to harp on something that is 10 years old is productive. Take it to PMs and resolve it there.

Blog Entries

You were correct to point that out; however, I do not think to harp on something that is 10 years old is productive. Take it to PMs and resolve it there.
    Again with the irony. I actually dropped this in post 5195. It's Cal and yourself who keep trying to have the last word.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

The Ostrakon thread in question is actually in the LHF. Not that I'm trying to fan any flames, but much rather segue into the fact that it has been opened up and it's ready for some fresh, new history! I'm going to see if I can lead by example and post my own memoirs, hopefully a chapter every week. I would encourage any comments and questions, but even more so, I would really love to see some other folks doing the same! If people are interested in the history of TWC, well then, let's get writing it!

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to General Brewster on a hard fought victory. The public poll controversy notwithstanding, he ran an excellent campaign. Good luck for your next term.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Congratulations to General Brewster on a hard fought victory. The public poll controversy notwithstanding, he ran an excellent campaign. Good luck for your next term.
    Thank you, I appreciate it! Thanks to all who voted and those who have voted for me as well. Good to see such a turnout .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    <eyes only>...................... segue into the fact that it has been opened up and it's ready for some fresh, new history! I'm going to see if I can lead by example and post my own memoirs, hopefully a chapter every week. I would encourage any comments and questions, but even more so, I would really love to see some other folks doing the same! If people are interested in the history of TWC, well then, let's get writing it!
    A very interesting start to your composition. Do you intend to use images as well? Sometimes with text based material it can be difficult to integrate but adds a dimension to the story.

I would like to start a memoir of my own, I have some pages a wrote years ago for a blog that I think would be a good start. Ill see if I can find them a format them properly. Then Ill have to come up with a title. Maybe Ill call it,
    "Courage in Adversity", or something like that.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 20, 2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: stf

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

A very interesting start to your composition. Do you intend to use images as well? Sometimes with text based material it can be difficult to integrate but adds a dimension to the story.

I would like to start a memoir of my own, I have some pages a wrote years ago for a blog that I think would be a good start. Ill see if I can find them a format them properly. Then Ill have to come up with a title. Maybe Ill call it,
    "Courage in Adversity", or something like that.
    Thanks! I'm not sure if there are many relevant images I could really add, so probably not.

You were quite heavily involved in the creation of the Writers' Study right? Would be great to hear about that

Blog Entries

You were quite heavily involved in the creation of the Writers' Study right? Would be great to hear about that
    Powerwizard, as he was known at the time, was an avid historian much like yourself. He put together this outline of the events that led to the United AAR Forum (as it was known at the time) and the Monthly After Action Report Competition (MAARC).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...story-of-MAARC

This was a really fun time on the forums. There was a lot of activity and rapid growth of both the POTW and AAR forums. In fact, their stories are linked.

​​

The House of Baltar

Hitai, I hope you put a link in your signature I would be very interested in reading it when completed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Powerwizard, as he was known at the time, was an avid historian much like yourself. He put together this outline of the events that led to the United AAR Forum (as it was known at the time) and the Monthly After Action Report Competition (MAARC).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...story-of-MAARC

This was a really fun time on the forums. There was a lot of activity and rapid growth of both the POTW and AAR forums. In fact, their stories are linked.
    Aye, I was reading through that again just the other day Been a while since anyone from that generation has been around, sadly. I always thought Hesus was involved in it somehow, but I didn't see his name there.

Hitai, I hope you put a link in your signature I would be very interested in reading it when completed.
    Sure thing! I'm hoping it can be a bit interactive, so I'm leaving some time between updates in case anyone wants to comment.

Blog Entries

I always thought Hesus was involved in it somehow, but I didn't see his name there.
    I checked my PMs and found one from Powerwizard that reports him adding Hesus to the house in April 2009. So at that point he was a part of the House of Baltar. This was several months after the amendments that created the AAR forum and the MAARC competition.

Powerwizard got his degree and then decided to leave the board shortly after that. But while he was here he had a real positive influence through his work for the AAR forum and competitions, and of course there are the bodemloze. Quite a legacy.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 20, 2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling

​​

The House of Baltar

Sure thing! I'm hoping it can be a bit interactive, so I'm leaving some time between updates in case anyone wants to comment.
    Linked saved... just curious, are you Chinese?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

congratulations brewster on winning curatorship
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

Thank you very much

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Gandalfus

Welcome old chap...and all that

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

welcome gandalfus
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz