Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

In case of dismiss, what's the point to elect a replacement just for the remaining time of that term? Just to respect the planning?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I assume you mean "Vote of No Confidence." The point is consistency. It makes little or no sense to have 3 elections one month and then 1 in the next and then two months later another. Elections now just seem to pop out of nowhere unless you have an eye on the thread that list the terms. Who does that?
    If there is little time remaining in the term, then a VonC seems like a waste of time.

Blog Entries

What the hell the VoNC has to do with my remark?
    Let's say we elect a Censor for 4 months in January. Then in March, that Censor has to leave his position due to real life issue. Would you elect a new Censor for just 1 for 1.5 months just to respect the planning?
    And to answer to your question, the Curator and his assistant(s) do check a list of terms. We even keep it updated for the next guys in charge
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    What the hell the VoNC has to do with my remark?
    Let's say we elect a Censor for 4 months in January. Then in March, that Censor has to leave his position due to real life issue. Would you elect a new Censor for just 1 for 1.5 months just to respect the planning?
    Yes

And to answer to your question, the Curator and his assistant(s) do check a list of terms. We even keep it updated for the next guys in charge
    OMG, I knew you were going to say this! Come on man, context. What happened to the thread in the Politia that keep track of those things?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Yes
    Hence the remark from Frunk.

OMG, I knew you were going to say this! Come on man, context. What happened to the thread in the Politia that keep track of those things?
    Come on man, humor

Hence the remark from Frunk.
    Ok
    Come on man, humor
    I laughed
    Last edited by PikeStance; November 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

What happened to the thread in the Politia that keep track of those things?
    That thread is updated and kept track of.

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, the application thread for the Magistrate position is now closed. The poll is up. Time to vote!!!

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, you'll be busy a bit.
    The application thread for the Censor position is now closed. The poll is up.
    The decision about the Symposium and the Living History Forum has been moved to vote: Poll here and Debate Thread here.
    Please vote

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, the decision about increasing the duration of term for the Curial Officers has been moved to vote. Poll here and Debate Thread here.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I thank you for the confidence, guys

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Esteemed Citizens, Lord William has been elected as Magistrate and Ngugi as Censor (respectively here and here). Congratz to both of you.

Also, the decision to move the Symposium and the Living History Forum has passed (here).

Edit: There's also a Citizen Application submitted today (here). Please, have a look at it
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 28, 2017 at 04:59 AM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

congrats to ngugi and william being elected
    and congrats to frunk for seeing his proposal passed after half a year
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Last I checked there is no law that demands that CA post in TWC or fan sites that cater to their industry, so they have a choice.
    Well, you didn't reply to any of my points, as I had commented about neither laws nor semantics. Free will is not limited only by laws, but also, as I had explained in my previous remark, by the employee's obligations to follow the orders of his boss. CA representatives participated in the discussion, because it was part of their job, communicating their company's message to the audience, using as many platforms as possible. Therefore, no, they joined the discussions of Total War Center, because said activity was a necessary portion of their duties, as determined by the contract they signed. Volition is irrelevant, a fact which means, considering that hardly would any boss consent to limit his employ's activities, because the environment of a certain site makes them feel uncomfortable, that any alleged negativity is probably not the culprit for the disappearance of CA employees. On the contrary, it seems much more likely, given that even the official fora are generally ignored, in favour of reddit, that CA's marketing policy changed, focusing on new methods of interaction with its potential customers.

Blog Entries

^^ Sounds logical to me.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Enjoy your extra month of torture longer terms, gentlemen!

In all seriousness, I'm glad the Amendment passed. Here's to not having elections for the sake of elections.

Blog Entries

Are you gonna apply for another run Frunk?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Well, you didn't reply to any of my points, as I had commented about neither laws nor semantics. Free will is not limited only by laws, but also, as I had explained in my previous remark, by the employee's obligations to follow the orders of his boss.
    I think you should scroll back. I actually did.

I was never commenting on individual employees of CA but CA itself.
    Since we have no idea what is in their contract, then I cannot comment on it. It is a waste of time to speculate, not is it relevant. Moreover, since CA has never made any public statement, i cannot personally comment on what their motivation is. It is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    about CA & TWC, I want to clarify few points:

- first, someone (Caligula I think) mentioned that it's business of the Staff to contact CA, but this is not actually true; within the Staff such matters are better left to the Hex or the allowed Content directors (so regular staffers, in their official position, would better stick with this rule), but any other member (might him/her be a citizen or not) is free to interact with CA/SEGA as they prefer, considering that the ToS still apply here at TWC and that said members are only representing themselves and not TWC.

- the history between TWC and CA is long, partially obscure (as those who were involved in the past for the most part have left either TWC or CA or both) and partly not to be disclosed. However, few points which I think it's worth to clarify: TWC is a fan based site, maintained by GED and the other Staffers, that benefits from the work of the whole community. CA was an active part of this community in the past, while nowadays they are only lurking our fora every once in a while. Are you wondering if both CA and TWC would benefit from a renewed and closer relation? Most probably yes. Does the Staff neglected this possibility? Certainly not! But in order to build a cooperation, you need at the least two interested partners, which does not seem to be the case at the moment.

- The reasons why they "left" are certainly multiple, and some have been listed above (I mean, in precedent posts), while others might be missing and other, as mentioned above, will forever remain obscure. If you want to listen mine, for certain the high level of critisicm towards CA (their latest titles, I'm mostly referring to the flop of Rome2, modding-wise), the reduced modding activity with new titles, the growth of steam and, most important, the changes on their policies which brought them to rise a wall around themselves, are all good reasons for the actual situation. A pity, none the less not a serious stroke; after all we are still using their games to make mods and produce content and they are still benefiting from this (in terms of sales and advertisement)
    The above was posted by Flinn. Does he actually know or speculating himself. I do not know. As an admin, he may be privy to communication with CA. Again, I can only speculate. I would agree with him, they certainly do luck on forum and they do visit individual's profile pages.

No, we don't need to speculate, because, with the exception of Jack Lusted, who is still frequenting the forums (the only one doing so, none else has logged in in 2017), all the rest were members of the marketing department (publicly available knowledge) and all their comments concerned included either official announcements or answers to the questions any user might have about said announcements. I think we can safely assume that if you belong to the public relations team, then publishing announcements of your company's plans is part of your obligations as an employee, not a hobby to spend your free time, because you just feel so, using your official account. Do you seriously argue that we can't know what motivates the marketing department to actually do its job?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 02, 2017 at 02:01 PM.