Thread: Rome Total War CTD

Default Rome Total War CTD

Ok, so whenever I want to play Rome Total War, I can always pass the first menu videos, but I can't play a battle.
    I can't go to the campaign, or custom battle, or quick battle. I've patched, and repatched. I've installed, and reinstalled. The only thing it says is that the game has encountered an error and needed to close. I can, when I patch to 1.5, play as soon as it gives the option to. But then, when I close the program and try again, it crashes. Many of the features are lacking when I patch, and I can't keep patching every time to play the game.
    Last edited by smb510; December 21, 2009 at 01:47 AM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Rome Total War CTD

First of all welcome to the forum.

Which version of RTW do you have and where did you get it?

What happens when you go to the campaign or battle. Does it CTD? Do you get an error message? Have you added the -show_err switch to the shortcut properties? Have a read through this stickied thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62217

What are your system specifications: CPU, memory, operating system, graphics card and what graphic options have you selected?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Thanks for replying. Although I found the problem. I was using a vista laptop, and the files were originally put into the Program Files (86) so I moved it to the less secure Program files folder, and it worked fine.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

OK, enjoy the game.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here