Thread: Wrong Disc Error

Default Wrong Disc Error

Hi All,

Recently bought M2TW:Kingdoms and was raring to do the Crusades. I loaded the game up fine on the evening I installed the game however the following day was when the problems started.

I tried loading the program and it said:

Wrong disc error
    Please insert the correct "Kingdoms" disc.

After a bit of research and communication with Securom they said that I had the wrong patch installed for my game. So I uninstalled the game and installed it again, after this it worked. BUT the following day it wouldn't work again

So I was wondering if any of you have had this problem, and what did you do too fix it. Also is there any way I can see which patches have been installed and is it possible to uninstall individual patches?

I just wanted to check that the patches were the English versions, as this is what my Kingdoms version is.

cheers Ben.

PS. I have the individual M2TW:Kingdoms (not Gold edition).

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Wrong Disc Error

When you were contacting SecuRom, did they do a scan of your harddrive? There maybe conflicting software on your harddrive. Make sure they run a full scan and request the appropriate medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe so you can have both programs.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    When you were contacting SecuRom, did they do a scan of your harddrive? There maybe conflicting software on your harddrive. Make sure they run a full scan and request the appropriate medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe so you can have both programs.

Good luck.
    Yes, I had to send them an analysis file. They didn't say anything about a full scan

To act the way yours has and they even said it was a wrong patch. Did they which patch?

The reason I say contact them for a scan is there are what I call "grey area" software that will make your life miserable with the way Sega has used Secruom. Since they did open te door make them finsh the job.

Should I just keep pestering them then?

Do you know how to manually access information about which patches have been installed?

If CA did their job, you should not be able to mix them much.

If you bought Kingdoms with the same language Medieval2 like US, UK, it should install with no problem with the Medieval2 patches on the Kingdoms disc.

The only other reasons for the error besides software conflict is if you're trying to use a crack or emulation software or a copy you made.

All sorted. I uninstalled M2TW and Kingdoms and then deleted the whole SEGA file so I started from fresh. Then installed M2TW and then Kingdoms, whilst this was installing it patched M2TW up and it didnt do that before.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy playing. Resolved and closed.