Thread: [SUBMOD] TROM alternative prestige campaign plus full AI mod

Default [SUBMOD] TROM alternative prestige campaign plus full AI mod

A small mod I did for my own TROM 1.66 game. Just replace the startpos.esf file in data/campaign/main of your TROM installation with this one. Be shure to make a backup of the original TROM startpos file in case you don't like the mod.

Changes:

- Removed all regions with the exception of the original capital regions as victory conditions in the prestige campaign.
    - All minor nations run with full AI now in ALL campaign modes. This should make their actions more interesting and gameplay more varied.

Cheers

Yarkis

DOWNLOAD

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TROM alternative prestige campaign plus full AI mod

Hmm. This sounds interesting. For those, like me, who didn't know that minor nations used a different AI than major nations can you give a brief idea of what this really means in-game? Anything I'll notice right away? Seems like this mini mod would be a good idea when used with the MP campaign too.

Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    Hmm. This sounds interesting. For those, like me, who didn't know that minor nations used a different AI than major nations can you give a brief idea of what this really means in-game? Anything I'll notice right away? Seems like this mini mod would be a good idea when used with the MP campaign too.

Moopere
    Honestly I don't know. In vanilla ETW minor nations all run with the so called maintenance AI. I guess that this AI is somewhat restricted, but it's difficult to test that. Anyway, I don't see any detrimental effects with changing the AI to full.

Certainly sounds like the right way to go. Its a bit of a worry though if its hard or even impossible to tell the difference between full AI and less than full AI (maintenance). If they both tend to act stupidly then I guess being a smart box of hammers isn't really much better than being a dumb box of hammers hehehe.

Moopere

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Ah nice. I always play Prestige and I never really liked having to create the Second Reich when playing Prussia as well as silly stuff with the other factions.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks, Yarkis, saves me the work!

I'm wondering if this should be included as standard in TROM? Maybe not the faction AI, but at least the victory conditions?
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Thanks, Yarkis, saves me the work!

I'm wondering if this should be included as standard in TROM? Maybe not the faction AI, but at least the victory conditions?

Most definitely Johan. I haven't tried this little mod yet but I am a bit concerned about changing the Minor Faction AI. I do like the other change though very much.

I played more then 80 turns with the full AI for minors and I see no sideeffects. Don't be shy...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I played more then 80 turns with the full AI for minors and I see no sideeffects. Don't be shy...
    Good to hear. My concern is that the Minors will act overly aggressive and Wurtemberg and Bavaria will be constantly trying to conquer Majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Good to hear. My concern is that the Minors will act overly aggressive and Wurtemberg and Bavaria will be constantly trying to conquer Majors.
    Well, in one of my two games Hannover conquered Westphalia and Bavaria, but that was because they entered wars as my ally. And my hope with changing Minors to full AI was actually that the play more resonable. But we need more testers to find that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Well, in one of my two games Hannover conquered Westphalia and Bavaria, but that was because they entered wars as my ally. And my hope with changing Minors to full AI was actually that the play more resonable. But we need more testers to find that out.

Ok you have convinced me to dive in but the fast approaching holiday will bring warfare to a complete halt for a bit.

Do I need to start new campaign to feel the new AI?