Thread: Equipment Tweak Mod : (

Default Equipment Tweak Mod : (

first i wanna say that TAR is a wonderful mod i think...great work...i love corret historical mods for total war games and this is one of the best i ever played!!!!

but why u added the euipment tweak mod !!!?

im not a great expert of this time period but on every uniform illustration (osprey books etc) i see backpacks or even other bags the soldiers are wearing..
    mabye they didnt were them evrytime in battle...but it makes sense for me a soldier of this time not only have this little leather bags on their belt to get his whole equpment with them...and what about ambushes etc where the soldiers were their whole stuff with them!?
    ..for me it would look much more realstic and atmospharic with soldiers wearing some equipment with them ...with this mod they look like some guys meeting in the afternoon to fight a bit to go home after that....

..dont even know where the guy who did that equipment mod get his informations from..and like i said before, i dont wanna say i know it better : )...but like i said before too..i find much more pictures soldiers wearing bags or backpacks than pictures they wear them not.....cant believe thats not the truth and all illsutrations are wrong...

its not a big problem..i can live with that hehe but mabye there is a way playing TAR without this equipment mod !!?? hope for answers

big up to the TAR team

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod : (

At set piece battles,the troops lay down their packs before lining up for Battle!
    Overall,Backpacks were rarely worn in 18th century combat. Plus, we think the units look better without packs.
    In Napoleontic Battles,there were more backpacks worn then not!
    When being ambushed,the packs should be there of course,but the game-mechanics wont allow us to modify that,so the non backpacks set up is a choice we made!
    Furthermore the equipment mod adds Spontoons and ammoboxes,so all in all the equipment tweaks makes the troops more realistic looking!

It should be possible to take out the Non Backpacks files of course,but i cannot help you with that and im sure tho that a TAR developer will anwser this for you soon!
    Greetings

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

There will be no addition of backpacks back in TAR Mod, this is historically incorrect and troops in 18th Century Warfare would have never had them in battle

The backpacks during most of the 18th century were worn during the marches,and becouse of the statics of the 18th century armies and theis slow and predicatble conception of war,they had time to leave their backpacks behind their line of support,just before battle.
    the story changes just before the napoleonic era,actually it was during the french revolution that most of the armies of the repubblic started to wear their backpacks even during the battle,and with the upcoming of the napoleonic era,where mobility,surprising the enemy and manouver were faster and less elaborated than in the 18th century that most of the european nations adopted to let their troops fight with backpacks.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

the no backpack actually may help frame rates too because there are less polygons and textures to render

Now that we are looking at possible increasing theunits sizes, this could be quite important for some with lower spec harware

hip63