Thread: Elephant?

Default Elephant?

I remember i did read a post about how to get elephant units back for Khwar Empire in SS 6.1 long time ago but I cannot find it anymore. Anybody has any idea how to do that? Appreciate the help

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Elephant?

I think they may be mercaneries. I'm not sure though.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

I remember there was a little mod floating around a while ago that tried, but it ended up breaking the roster/buildings.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Tyrenia's Avatar Tiro

After the gunpowder event, go around Iran with a general, then open the Merc recruitment panel and they should be there.

That's only vanilla 6.1 though, I don't use RR/RC, because I hate not being able to create lots of powerful units.
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Thanks for responding guys. i knew they could be bought as mer but what I'm asking is if there is anyway the Khwar Empire can have them in its roster

scarybandit's Avatar Semisalis

No they are not in the SS playable Faction rosters. (Khwarezmian Empire roster http://totalwar.honga.net/faction_un...late&f=kwarezm )

But Elephants are recruitable in SS as mercenaries at the following provinces:

Kerman (after 1200)

And after the Gunpowder event:

Khorasan
    Tehran
    Zagros
    Fars
    Sharjah
    Dasht-e Kavir
    Semnan
    Alburz
    Golestan
    Karakum

http://totalwar.honga.net/unit.php?v...ve&d=Elephants

Bonus information: you can retrain your existing mercenaries at settlements to full strength if they are available to recruit from the province itself, which is useful when you have Elephants with a few stripes of course.

Edit: Sorry I realise this is not your question now, but I'll leave the post for anyone confused by the Elephant recruitment process.
    Last edited by scarybandit; December 20, 2009 at 09:44 PM.
    DRM promotes piracy.