Thread: DarthMod Screenshots

Default DarthMod Screenshots

I call you all to show screenshots of your games and impressions of the battle AI, skins,tactics outcome,momentums etc.Pls do not spam. Any irrelevant post will be deleted.I start with

Tactic 1. AI Rome approaches the human greeks.

watch how the center AI stands and does not suicidally fall to greek spears but tries to flank and skirmish with chosen forces.

Tactic 2.AI Rome approaches Carthage Human.

Watch how the skirmishers deploy on the flanks ready to harass and lure the human player to attack stance

Then they choose to attack my elephants with fire arrows and skirmishers simultanuesly while the core army is cautious

The result is an ammok of my elephants while they have lost some troops and now I am in trouble since they kill my men too early.
    2 cohorts are in my flanks and challenged my left cavalry while (not shown) my right flank waits for a double unit of roman cavalry which waits for me to expose my flanks to attack. It waits silently away from my army so as not to take casualties from archers.Also their ballistas and onagers are far away and rain their devastating firepower continuesly.

These battles are fought with medium difficulty/custom battles.
    If you play with more hard difficulties AI will pick more aggressive strategies.

In campaign though the VH mode is (I think) the most difficult option.

Come on give me screenshots.

Average British Student

1. and 2. Are Macedon attacking my roman soliders with roman tents burning. And my soliders firing at will at them
    3. and 4. Massive Cavarly charges at Emeny at dead of night

Thanks war927 , i just posted them like that as thats how post them in POD

Nice Pic also
    Last edited by wipeout140; September 05, 2005 at 05:36 AM.

Tiro

First of all let me say this to anyone who posts on here in the future. Please upload your images to Image Shack first, and then just give us a thumbnail to click on like Darth Vader did. Otherwise, these images get way to freaking big and extend the forum width and really annoy the crap out of me and start to take up way to much space in the thread.

@Wipeout140
    I'd really appreciate it if you'd edit your post to be like Darth Vader's images. If you won't then oh well, I guess.

And now what you've been waiting for. My own images taken with Darth Mod.

Caption: "Maybe if I play dead, they won't notice me."
    *Pause*
    "Oh, Crap..."

While my own pursonal preference is humorous pictures, I'll also take the time to get some good action as well.
    Last edited by war927; September 05, 2005 at 03:17 AM.

Nice .

I have never seen the tents on a map before . What causes them, trying to starve someone out?

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar
    Nice .

I have never seen the tents on a map before . What causes them, trying to starve someone out?
    When you build a fort and AI attacks the fort

Yeia sou Darth,

this is one of the most enjoyable mods that I have played since I bought RTW. I am playing as Armenia and it is a tough challenge. Thank you excellent job. Keep up the good work. Here is a battle screen:

Pontus attacking me and as you can see they have sent their skirmishers on the wings to harrass my spearmen. Also what you can't see in this picture is that their cavalry are trying to flank me by sneaking around the mountain. Thankfully I reinforced my wings with horse & cataphract archers.

Ta leme!

Default More screenshots!

Here is a battle with Numidia vs Egypt. I just want you to see the Ptolemaic garisson which uses the Augustus21 skins+skeletons modded by me.

Also this shows the human roman checkerboard formation (can be used also from the AI)

This kind of formation can be created by first grouping all units, then making them to use a maniple roman formation, then change it to smthg else of the available formations and drag an drop anywhere to stretch or thicken the formation.

Just a little point on the checkerboard formation. Shouldn't the cohorts be deployed 4-3-3, with four in the first line?

Tiro

This pic is from 5.3.2, but I figured it's still worthy of posting.

The funny thing about it is, my Carthaginian troops were standing directly in front of them waiting for them to charge, but the Roman troops never did. They waited for me to take action. So I titled the image "Showdown" because it basically came down to who would make the first move.

Tiro

Spartan Hoplites have to be the hardest unit in DarthMod to kill. I had them surrounded on all sides in a melee for 10 minutes before their morale broke. They got all the way down to 20 men before they got scared.

AssVas's Avatar Laetus

Heh They are spartan's man...
    Never heard of Leonidas and his 300 men ? Holding a passage against thousands of Persians?
    They all died but didn't regret it or thought of leaving the field... they knew they would died and they had the option to leave, but they have choosen to stay there and die in order to delay the persians as long as possible
    in order for rest Greek Kindoms to prepare-gather their armies against the persians.
    DarthMod Team Member/ Tech Support etc.

Average British Student

1.Romans invade
    2.Mayhem breaks lose
    3.The Battles wears on

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AssVas
    Heh They are spartan's man...
    Never heard of Leonidas and his 300 men ? Holding a passage against thousands of Persians?
    They all died but didn't regret it ...
    Well...I sure they didn't regret anything...not easy to regret something when you are...you know...dead? Just Kidding.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Default Rebel Holding the Bridge

I sent a small Roman army to eradicate a small rebel force, confront them at a bridge. Just look at the far end at how the rebel has moved the troops. They had one garrison of warband warband holding up the bridge, waiting for my assault while sneaking his main force at the far end, crossing the river at the shallow, sneaking to round up my flank. That really amazed me. Thumbs up for Darth formation 8.5. Luckily, I have discovered the move earlier. Decided not to wait for my reinforcement & went ahead with the bridge assault, a real risky move. Fortunately, the rebel is a weak force & I manage to break their formation in a few charge with my General & won the battle (just close). Also fortunately, the rebel did not press on to round to my back & pull back across the shore. If not, it can be anyone guess & may just depend on the timing that their force slam into my back.

This is really one smart move from the AI. Great work. It sure pump up my adrenaline.