Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ~(ChC)~...renassaince redone...

Icon12 ~(ChC)~...renassaince redone...

this is a part historic/conceptualized (idealized from my vision) major mod

start date 1375 end date 1600 two turns per year = 550 Win conditions will include eliminate a specified faction, hold two Specified castles and two specified regions in the Americas plus 50 regions

The release will contain a new map
    17(playable factions) 14 European & 3 Islamic
    the map spans from western Italy, all of France, All of Spain and northwestern africa from Marakesh to Tunisia, also southern England and the Americas there is an increased focus on more localized and more provincial dominance.

it will also contain new and completly unique loading and menu screens as well as new and unique loading, menu and Campaign music many original yes/no and historic events and almost a complete overhaul of the ones from vanilla
    both historic events like first_windmill
    and common events like bride offered and coming of age,most advanced faction e.g.
    new ui and new buildings this mod will (already has a lot!) have a little (again, actually a lot!) of everything!

this will be a very compehensive mod which will try too completly immerse the player in the "feel" of everything renassaince~

the playable factions will be

Italian

Genova
    Venice
    Florence

French

Le comte` Brabant
    Le Comte` Burgun
    Le comte` Bordeau
    le Dauphin

Spanish

casa de Navarre`
    Corona De Aragon
    Corona De Leon Castilla
    Reino de Portugal e Algarve

German

Kaiserliches Deutschland

English

Normans
    the Duchy of Cornwall

Islamic

Caliphate of Tangiers
    Sultanate of Tunisia
    Malikate of Murcia

potential adjunct upon interest~ Mali from "regions and provinces mod"

unplayable

Aztecs
    rebels
    Vatican Offices
    Saxons

Plus!+ 120 regions (About Twenty of these will be Castles)
    oh paramount please suggestions on anything events,buildings and units and so on e.g.
    (please do not be another passive poster and be just another page view,say something)

thanks go to:
    Bulgaria Tw 2.0 for use of the Latin empire for Genova
    GiGantus (need whole new thread to cite the different ways he has helped me)
    IvIark121 faction symbols ( now working on Skinning and new units for this mod)
    PedroL research
    Subu atai` various 2d contributions
    Everyone who gives quality support in the mod workshop
    (especially, Caeser Clivus, Augustus Lucifer, Swagger and Irishron)
    Total war Center for allowing me this venue for my work
    Expirienced modders who have followed my progress and have given
    vital advice and guidance
    (Absinthia again Augustus Lucifer, Nakhara, Boicote, y2day and the housekeeper)

STILL NEEDED! SCRIPTERS AND Skinners/modellers
    thank you

screenshots: (merely a preview only about 10% of changes, like I said new buildings and a plethora of events and other features)]
    Attachment 74264

Attachment 79230

Attachment 79231

Attachment 79232

Attachment 79233

Attachment 79909
    thank you

Although in most ways this mod is not significantly different from vanilla (mainly in theme) its features give it the uniqueness to make it a Dynamic Campaign!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; March 18, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: CLAIMANTS,HEIRS AND CONQUERORS an idealized renassaince (new thread)

why do you keep opening new threads?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Default Re: CLAIMANTS,HEIRS AND CONQUERORS an idealized renassaince (new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    why do you keep opening new threads?
    to escape you..................joking no my old ones get too cluttered so before I open a new one I tell a mod

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Omg were is download link???!!!! This mod is going pretty good for a one man project. Cant wait to see it finished.

Oh and interesting battle hud you have there. The purple, is that for the fantasy element?
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Im checking them out.

Default Re: CLAIMANTS,HEIRS AND CONQUERORS an idealized renassaince (ACTUAL WIP!)

3 more historic events
    total so far about 45
    want to add like 30 or so more so some ideas please
    Attachment 66988

Attachment 66989

Attachment 66990

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: CLAIMANTS,HEIRS AND CONQUERORS an idealized renassaince (ACTUAL WIP!)

How many historic events appear each turn? This is just my opponion, but I wouldnt want to swarm the game with to many historical events every turn, especially if they dont have much relevance to the game. But 45 new HE is a good number, how long dose the game go for?

Also I had a look at your campagin map hud. It looks good but the purple leavs look out of place, like they dont belong.

the events are spread out throughout the game. 1 event like every five turns, the game is 550 turns

these are new as per Izob`s critique (thanks)
    Attachment 67008

Attachment 67009

I want to get this mod Hosted but I need people to post and show interest
    please................

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Thats better Whats your staus on the new factions?

Btw the campagin mini map could use some work. It could use a proper image of the area like in the vannilla game. Do you use geomod? You can use geomod to add fog of war to the campagin map (undiscovered areas), which can hide parts of the map.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

If you want serious reviews. You need to have serious results.

whatever serious results fine! what have you done! or half the people who post in this W.I.P.
    you should really re-think that statement!!!!!!!!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

If I had the time and interest (which I dont as I also have my own project) I might sign up with you. But as it is I dont. All Im saying is if you want support you'll just have to hope that it comes along like the rest of us. Or go out and find it. Also people wont be interested in a mod if it sounds simular to its origional form. Take WoW-totalwar for example. Its been getting heaps of interest and 'support' because it already has a popular background and its a new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    If I had the time and interest (which I dont as I also have my own project) I might sign up with you. But as it is I dont. All Im saying is if you want support you'll just have to hope that it comes along like the rest of us. Or go out and find it. Also people wont be interested in a mod if it sounds simular to its origional form. Take WoW-totalwar for example. Its been getting heaps of interest and 'support' because it already has a popular background and its a new idea.
    ok fine
    1. what is your claimed project?
    2. excuse me but this mod is already significantly modified~ tell what does it resemble?
    3. like I said people like you speak of "serious results" well mine are here~ where are yours?!
    4. for clarifacation, the only support I speak of is interest, you are the one who befriended me perhaps fausly, I have managed to get my project this far! where is yours! Cannot find?
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; December 23, 2009 at 04:33 AM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

1. My project Is a mod Im making of the imperial campagin. Its a hobby like yours. My goal is to perfect the campagin through my eyes.
    2. I went to far to say your mod is simular like the origional game. It obvisely isnt. But for me to compair it to bigger 'over haul mods' (which was unfair) you mod still looks somewhat identical. But not is allways. Your mod covers the same area of europe as some other mods do. Your units (even though they have different textures) are still the same as the origional game, and the general concept of your mod. Half historical, half fantisy, hasnt sticken to me fully. So as far as 'unique' as you want it to be it hasnt reached that level yet. But I havnt played the game. Ive only seen the pictures on this wip.
    3. Im not showcasing my mod or ideas. Even If I did have somthing to show (and I do btw) its nonthing special, new or ground breaking.
    4. I dont have my own mod in this form. Its a home hobby project.

Also just for the reccord your mod has had 367 views. Thats plenty of interest from the public.
    Last edited by IZob; December 23, 2009 at 05:01 AM.

in my opinion you have some valid points
    but let me be frank with you:
    first good luck with your project!
    now units I have not really touched because, as this is primarily a solo project that would take significant time and effort away from other aspects of the mod!
    and believe you, me! am I long past the ideallic dream of getting a "team" together.
    I never say my mod is different in theme from vanilla or other projects, I simply say as in the TiTle "an Idealized Renassaince"
    and btw WOW total war is a good project and they are doing a good job
    but it is really not all unique (everyone is doing some variation on fantasy) which ok but don`t compare my goals with those.(and once again WOW total war has several members) all things considered I think the progress shown here is serious for one person~so thank you

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Btw the campagin mini map could use some work. It could use a proper image of the area like in the vannilla game. Do you use geomod? You can use geomod to add fog of war to the campagin map (undiscovered areas), which can hide parts of the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by druvatar View Post
    THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!
    actually even i agree with him

don't expect you'll always hear nice things about your work, that's what keeps you moving forward, specially when people give constructive criticism like he did, he just gave a critic and also gave you some advice

isn't that what modding is all about?.. improving over time & learning?

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast