Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32 Factions of the Americas in Custom Battles

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default 32 Factions of the Americas in Custom Battles

Update on 22 April 2016:
    This mod is now only available in a package to which you have access in the download section here!

Greetings fellow gamers,
    for those of you who like to play out different encounters on the American front in the time frame of ETW I have prepared a mod that gives you a selection of 32 different factions in custom battles. I thought that the most suitable place to release it was here at husserlTW's Startpos Mods forum thanks to his excellent work on the colonization of America scenario. And the creator of this forum was of the same mind, so here we are. This little tweak brings you the following colonizing or native sides to the table:

1. American Rebels
    2. American Indian Rebels
    3. Britain
    4. Cherokee
    5. Colombia (Gran Colombia)
    6. Courland – established the colony of Neu-Kurland (”New Courland”) on Tobago in the 17th century.
    7. Denmark – established the colonies of Dansk Vestindien (”Danish West Indies”) on present day US Virgin Islands in the 17th century.
    8. European Settler Rebels
    9. France
    10. Huron-Wyandot
    11. Inuit
    12. Iroquois League
    13. Louisiana
    14. Mexico
    15. Netherlands – apart from the territories seen on CA's map for the Americas in ETW, it also used to hold Nieuw-Nederland (”New Netherland”), a colonial province on the east coast of North America in the 17th century.
    16. New Spain
    17. Norway – representing the old Norse colonization of Vinland ("Wineland", the Viking name for the North American continent; their name for American Indians were Skrälingar).
    18. Pirates
    19. Plains Nations
    20. Portugal
    21. Powhatan Confederacy
    22. Prussia – in the former capacity as Brandenburg it established a colony on the Caribean island of St. Thomas, but it could also represent the larger German colonization of Venezuela, Panama etc.
    23. Pueblo Nations
    24. Québec
    25. Russia – did not have any territory seen on the CA map for the Americas in ETW, but established a colony in Alaska in the late 18th Century and later expanded and explored into British Columbia.
    26. Scotland – established colonies on Nova Scotia, Carolina etc in the 17th century.
    27. Spain
    28. Sweden – established the colony of Nya Sverige (”New Sweden”) along the Delaware River in the 17th century.
    29. Thirteen Colonies
    30. United States
    31. Virginia (British Colonials)
    32. Virginia Colonists

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you have bought the Warpath Expansion, this mod keeps the new units with this addition into play. European powers have their colonial troops enabled here, along with some native auxiliary, and the Pirates have shown up on the scene, too. The colonial troops are cheaper and less skilled variants of the regular troops, but look identical to them unless modded (retextured) otherwise.

To activate this mod, do the following:
    1. Download the attached file.
    2. Extract the downloaded file.
    3. Place the extracted file into the data folder of ETW.
    4a. Tick the box for it in the Mod Manager and launch the game from there; or...
    4b. Open or create the "user.empire_script" text file in the C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Account On the Computer]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts folder (visible only if the setting for showing hidden folders and files on your computer is enabled), and write...
    mod "32_factions_in_custom_battles_americas_w.pack";
    ...on a line there, save, and exit the script file, and then start up ETW the normal way through Steam.
    5. Enjoy!

D

Edit: a little update on the available units.

Edit 2: other selections in custom battles are available at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=314270. For compatibility issues, see the bottom of the OP in the same thread.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 22, 2016 at 07:26 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: 32 Factions of the Americas in Custom Battles

Coolio
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Icon14 Re: 32 Factions of the Americas in Custom Battles

Nice compilation of changes! Sure saved me a heck of a lot of work. +rep
    "I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.
    For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one."

@brucedickinson: thanks for the feedback

@Megas Methuselah: glad to be of service - and to see you back in these forums .
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

nice...

madrush's Avatar Senator

this ONLY for warpath?

Sorry for not checking in earlier. I'm so used to no action here...

Quote Originally Posted by LuisDK View Post
    nice...
    Glad you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    this ONLY for warpath?
    Well, I haven't tested it without Warpath. so I don't know how it would work. You can easily test it yourself. Just place the mod as instructed, check the results, and if bad, remove the mod.
    Last edited by Demokritos; November 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

how do you Uninstalll this!!??? :S

Sorry for not noting your Q earlier, MCJ, but all you have to do to uninstall it is remove the file from the data folder and then, depending on which method you have used to activate the mod, either delete the launch command for this mod in the user.empire_script (i.e. erase the name of this mod there) or untick the box for this mod in the Mod Manager. That's it.

arten800's Avatar Civis

Awoseme dude

Wait, for the rebels (Euro + American + Maybe the Native American Rebels), how did you get different units + flags?

My units have default units (Guards, Line Infantry, Light Infantry, etc) [This excludes the AUM Units] Here's a screenshot:

[img] http://oi48.tinypic.com/207qbm8.jpg [/img]

Did I do something wrong?

The rebel flags seen in my pic are the vanilla (original) ones. You must have installed at least one other mod besides mine to get other flags like that. That's the trouble with multi-mod use. They often conflict with each other (affect the same files) and then you must decide which one you prefer and let the other go - either remove the whole mod alternative or, using a tool like the Pack File Manager, delete the part in it which conflicts with a part in a mod you want to keep. In the above example, if you want to keep the vanilla flags as seen in my pic, you must locate the flag textures in the other mod and delete them or remove the whole mod containing those textures.

Alright. Thanks for the reply. And the soldiers? You appear to have less troops than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Alright. Thanks for the reply. And the soldiers? You appear to have less troops than mine.
    That's because you have at least one more mod installed than I had at the time. AUM is such a mod that gives you extra units.

Alright. I got AUM removed but I still have all the regular soldiers that any minor / non-playable factions have.

Excuse me, but all default American units (Except DLC's) for the Rebels.

You mean you see no colonial troops? Or what are you missing?

I suggest you uninstall other mods than the above to make sure you get what this mod provides, if that's your priority, and than add other mods one by one to check if you like their effects, too.

Alright. I uninstalled all of my mods. I used a "Custom Battle Faction + Unit unlocker". It unlocks SOME units (Such as Eastern-Ethnic mobs like Landless Rabble or Armed Peasantry). However, it doesn't unlock ALL units. (Still missing Company Infantry, etc)

I'm using only this mod and all other patches are removed. Anything else?

For the above mod, which focuses on the American scenario, the availibility of the following units are different from vanilla:

Enabled units: Armed Citizenry Pirates (Pirate Mob), Euro Dragoons Colonial, Euro Light Cavalry Colonial, Euro Light Infantry Colonial, Euro Line Infantry Colonial, Euro Militia Infantry Colonial, Euro Pikemen Colonial, Native American Tribesmen Auxiliary, Native American Warriors Auxiliary, and Pirates (Buccaneers).

Disabled units: Nan Cherokee Artillery, Nan Huron Artillery, Nan Iroquois Artillery, Nan Plains Artillery, Nan Pueblo Artillery, and Native Artillery.

If you want Company Infantry enabled, you must use a different tweak of mine, the "32 Factions In Custom Battles Orient" mod. This has most units enabled:

Enabled units:Armed Citizenry Africa, Armed Citizenry India, Armed Citizenry Matchlocks Africa, Armed Citizenry Matchlocks India, Armed Citizenry Matchlocks Middle East, Armed Citizenry Middle East, Armed Citizenry Pirates (Pirate Mob), Desert Warriors, Dhow, East Desert Nomad Camelry, East Ethnic Hillmen Musketeers, East Ethnic Hillmen Musketeers Afghan, East Ethnic Hillmen Musketeers Kurdish, East Ethnic Musketmen, East Ethnic Swordsmen Fellahin, East Ethnic Warriors, East Ethnic Warriors Barbary Pirates, Euro African Infantry, Euro Company Cavalry (U, L), Euro Company Cavalry East India Company (U, L), Euro Company Cavalry French East India Company (U, L), Euro Company Cavalry V.O.C. (U.L), Euro Company Infantry, Euro Company Infantry East India Company, Euro Company Infantry French East India Company, Euro Company Infantry V.O.C., Euro Lancers East India Company Lancers (U, L), Janissaries Sekban, Sepoys, Indiaman, Pirates (Buccaneers), Sikh Musketeers, Steppe Cavalry, Steppe Cavalry Tatars Crimean, Steppe Cavalry Tatars Ottoman, and Xebec.

But the availibility of factions is also different in this variant, as the name suggests, concentrating on the Oriental scenario. You can find it here, along with other alternatives.
    Last edited by Demokritos; December 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Ahhh. I see. Thanks for answering my questions! Been looking for one (and trying to do it on my own) on using these for Custom Battles.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast