Thread: How Do You Capture a Screen Shot?

Default How Do You Capture a Screen Shot?

I'd like to post a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to capture it. Can anyone explain?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: How Do You Capture a Screen Shot?

There are many ways to do this. You can simply use the Windows keys CTRL+ALT+PrintScreen to capture the 'active' window - this puts the image onto the clipboard and then you paste (CTRL+V) it into Paint.

Many people use free software such as fraps (www.fraps.com) or Howie's Screen Capture (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Capture.shtml).

You can use free software such as Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/downloads/) to edit the screens.

If you are using Vista (or 7) I'd suggest playing in windowed mode by using the -ne switch on the shortcut target - this will prevent you from taking screens of your desktop.

If you want to post a screen shot in the forum use a free hoster such as photobucket (www.photobucket.com) or imageshack (www.imageshack.us) and paste the 'IMG' code into your post.
    Last edited by Brusilov; December 18, 2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typos

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Thanks.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Answered & closed

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here