Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Hi everybody, I just watched all the videos on youtube about new and amazing mod "SpartaTW." But ones I downloaded and clicked on the decktor, game crashed. It told me that they cant read "data/descr_strategy_lighting_txt." So, because of that I cant play this mod, if you can, please help me. Thank you!

ponti117.

did you not read my last reply?
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Thank you, but I tryed it, its sayd that they cant read "data/descr_strategy_lighting_txt."

Remove that file too then.

if it still wont work also try this...

try a different installer or use the zip version.
    or
    make sure you have copied the whole rome into your documents or anywhere outside of program files, then instal the mod to there. because vista creates a virtual space for files so the mod wont always install properly.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I tryed the mod, I like all units, they look sweet, but my screen freezes all the time, I have to turn off my PC, what can I do?

Press alt + tabs or ctrl + alt + del, in future rather than turn you machine off. The mod shouldn’t be doing that so check you installation is not in program files and is installed properly. Do you get any error messages?

I tryed the mod, I like all units, they look sweet, but my screen freezes all the time, I have to turn off my PC, what can I do?
    I have the same Problem. I have just downloaded the mod today. When I go to Highlight my Unit to move them, the game freezes. When I press ctrl + alt + del it says Rome Total war is not responding in the task manager box so I click end to terminate Rome Total war and get back to desktop.

I am using Win XP. I used the Sparta Total War installer ( 1st Link ). I am using Rome Total War Gold edition. It doesn't seem to matter which Factions I use, As it still freezes the Game.

Hope this issue can be fixed as the mod looks great.

As you are using xp I don’t understand why you got a problem. Some people have said that one installer doesn’t work for them whilst the other does. So try the other installer, and if that fails use the zip version and install it manually.

It seams to be an installation problem, so make sure you have BI 1.6 installed as I have.

Ok, yes the BI 1.6 is installed. I will try the other installer and or manual version.

Do I need to Delete the Sparta total war folders that are already installed? If so how do I do that and which folders do I need to delete?

Thanks for your help so far

Uly

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes, delete every trace of STW from your install first, then reinstall.

Ok I just did my 1st full battle with Sparta Total War with no problems!!!!

So It looks like the first installer doesn't work properly? I did notice the 1st installer is 371mb and the 2nd is 472mb when installed, so maybe the first installer is missing some files?

Ponti117 - Download the 2nd installer....Delete the SPARTA Folder in the Rome Total war Folder and then install the 2nd installer and all should be working!!

Great Mod too, Really like it!!!

Cheers

Uly

Thank you, will try.

I do alt and tab thingy, but the screen is still freezing, and no I have not seen any errors.

The second version, where you find it?

The second version, where you find it?
    It is in the RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5 in the SPARTA total war forum : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=313931

Here is a direct link to the Second installer by hip63 (Download This):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTZPNZ47

Make sure you delete the SPARTA Folder in the Rome Total War Folder First and then install the 2nd installer and all should be working!!

Uly

glad you like it uly5

hope you get it sorted ponti117

I get CTD whenever i do a RTS battle froma clean install all up to date with Alexander. Also the campaign map moves all choppy. no other Rome game or mod does this Will try Hips installer instead

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't think STW was ever tested on Alexander. I know I never played it on anything but Rome.

I get CTD whenever i do a RTS battle from a clean install all up to date with Alexander. Also the campaign map moves all choppy. no other Rome game or mod does this
    We havent done the custom battle maps as we don’t rate them, the campaign map personalises your army over many terms, which we think is better. …and our mapper had enough after all the coding necessary to get the map in the mod.

Sure try a different installer, but also ensure that you have a copy of your install [the rome folder] not in your program files. Then install the mod to that location. its not choppy for me.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

It seems my installment is missing a unit for the Greek faction in Syracuse.