Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Agisilaos View Post
    what do you mean with RTRPE?
    rome total realism platinum edition? if that is what you meant, maybe that mod is not mod foldered and that is why you have the CTD can you also give us more details in case i did not understand well?
    RTRPE is modfoldered. I've played other mods with it installed without issue.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agisilaos View Post
    what do you mean with RTRPE?
    rome total realism platinum edition? if that is what you meant, maybe that mod is not mod foldered and that is why you have the CTD can you also give us more details in case i did not understand well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    so the game runs, you play a battle ~ or is it a specific battle? then it ctd's.

try a custom battle

you did try moving the army?

the battle is against a city?

tell us absolutely every detail!
    Ok guys i cannot even get the damn game to play in Vanilla and i have three versions installed!! in fact 2 of my previous installs dont work anymore and i can only get RTRPE to play on my C drive install?
    Basically i do a fresh install of the game in either of my 4 drives (C,D,E or F) then once i click the icon to play on my desktop i get the opening RTW screen then black screen and then CTD!! (I remove my older versions of RTW so that there are no conflicts, for when i try the existing drives with game in there).
    What is confusing is that every drive i try to place a fresh install of RTW in any drive i get this same CTD??
    Thats as much info as i can give as i cannot get into menu etc.., now i had RTW working back in September 09, cause i remember playing it back then as i bought a new PC and i tested all my games installed.
    Any ideas? or am i doing something wrong here? i tried looking for this error in Technical help forum but cannot see any help there. I also did a Registry Cleanup but this has made no difference
    Thanks guys i hope you can help and i appreciate that this is not a Sparta Total war problem as well.
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; January 11, 2010 at 08:04 AM.

Everything I try to play a battle campagne with sparta I have a CTD, I have not try a other faction yet but I will try if I got some other ctd in campaigne battle. I can play custom battle, no probleam at all but in campagne, ctd everytime. The hudge map look awsome by the way, it's just a pain that this ctd happen everytime and kill this wonderful mod for me.

Have you any suggestion?

(I have rome total war 1.5 installed, barbarien invasion patched and Alexender) (Maybe is Alexender causing the ctd?)

Edit 1: I do not have any error message by the way.

Edit 2: I done a few test and I'm pretty sure that the ctd is causing by someway the "battle map" using in Grece. I have CTD when I go in battle with sparta, in grece, with Athen in Greace, With all faction who battle in greace. I try Carthage and I have no probleam in battle, Rome work fine to, so I realy think it's the battle map using in "greace campaigne" that cause the probleam.

Edit 3: Well it seam it was not the mod fault, my main map battle file was corrupeted, (I find out by luck) so I reastall to whole game, the mod and then all work fine. You have done a amazing work with this mod! The map is great, the unit even greter and the campagne is a lot of fun. The only thing it missing it's a proper soundrack to fit with this wonderful mod! Well, I'm in love: Sparta for the glory!
    Last edited by Gadadngor; January 11, 2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Probleam solve!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

thanks! glad you got it sorted in the end, and yea music would be a good extra.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Libertus

Hi Guys,

I really want to play this mod, looks really good!- after dusting my old copy of RTW off, I thought I'd play this mod, whilst waiting for ntw tbh-
    so I have a fresh install of rtw, patched to 1.5- I have followed your install instructions, but I can't even start the game!? When I click on the short cut, I'm getting the can't find programme, make sure you have typed name correctly, etc. The Vanilla works ok- I'm running win 7 and I have turned the uac off before install and is in fact still off. The target within the short cut is correct...(as far as I can see)? Can't think why the hell it won't start- its clearly (I guess), a short cut issue..? any help would be very welcome. Thanks.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by cantopsych View Post
    Hi Guys,

I really want to play this mod, looks really good!- after dusting my old copy of RTW off, I thought I'd play this mod, whilst waiting for ntw tbh-
    so I have a fresh install of rtw, patched to 1.5- I have followed your install instructions, but I can't even start the game!? When I click on the short cut, I'm getting the can't find programme, make sure you have typed name correctly, etc. The Vanilla works ok- I'm running win 7 and I have turned the uac off before install and is in fact still off. The target within the short cut is correct...(as far as I can see)? Can't think why the hell it won't start- its clearly (I guess), a short cut issue..? any help would be very welcome. Thanks.

Sorry! I got it working- I was using the 'spartan' shortcut- as soon as I changed the directory in the 'vanilla' short cut it and used that, it worked straightway- now onto the game! thanks.

Hi Guys,

Check out post #70 [page 4] on the release thread here;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=313931&page=4

It will tell you how to sort out your shortcuts to run the mod.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Hi guys, I have installed vanilla version 1.5 from disc, that's good, i can play the mod apart from when i try to enter a battle with spartiates then it just stops, I have windows xp and was wondering how i could solve this problem before i attack sparta on the campaign...
    thanks
    BD

Do you have the '-show_err' command ?

Black Diamond

Read solutions in previous post here, the disc is 1.5? Usually it is 1.0 and that will be your problem, you will need to install the patch to play virtually any mod.

Read the OP of the st3.5 thread and make sure your shortcut has everything in it, then if you get an error it should show.

Just to note, that obviously we have all played it countless times with no problem, so if the mod isn’t running then it is not set up correctly or you have the wrong version of rome.

I must remember to make a ‘usual answers to problems’ thread at some point. …or maybe one of my team will!

hi guys
    I've changed the target line but whenever i got into a battle with spartiates it still doesn't work. The disc is version 1.5 and all the other mods i've tried on it work.
    thanks
    BD

"why not?"

if you have show err then you should get a message? what disk do you have i presume it is gold or the anthology? otherwise it wont be 1.5.

try a custom battle with the same or similar units and see if you get an error.

it doesn't come up with an error message, it just goes off.
    I definitely put the show err in the target box.
    thanks
    BD

"why not?"

i just reinstalled both rome and sparta total war and now it works fine, would recomend it.

thanks anyway
    BD

"why not?"

cool glad yopu got it sorted, usually it is to do with the installation. if you get any other problems give us as much detail as you can.

In the past 3 games, I've been playing Macedonia. Whenever a battle in initiated around Thebes between Macedonia and Athens I get a CTD. Any comments?

have a look at the past few pages, there are a few solutions to mapping issues. mainly try moving your army to a different point on the map.

This mod looks absolutely beautiful (Amazing skins ) but I have one teeny tiny problem which I wouldnt mind clarified before I try it out.

All of the screenies seem to feature phalanx units with massive gaps between their front few ranks. Is that solved / solvable?
    Man 1 - I have an awful joke for you
    Man 2 - Oh really? What's so bad about it?
    Man 1 - It has no punchline.

fin.

Just change it to what you want in the EDU [units file], there is an entry for unit spacing that looks like this…

formation 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, square, phalanx

This is the normal setting, perhaps you have seen mods that tighten them up a bit, the second number changes the distance between on row and the next behind it, so if you make it say 1.6 or 1.8 the lines will be closer. Alternatively it may be because I have scaled the men bigger, so the comparative gap will look larger.

If you make the units tighter the battles will look a bit smaller.

where I made a mistake in the installation? every time it stuck
    http://img687.imageshack.us/i/dscf0003c.jpg