Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Default Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

update;

Small error correction, ~ just drag n drop these two text files to correct an error [there was a comma where there should not have been lols]. this error may have cause crashes with the later builds of the barracks.

Attached below…
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 13, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

This is for version 3.5 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    This is for version 3.5 btw.
    Actually, this is an old thread since people never bothered to even start making a list of bugs in previous versions

One of the best mods I've ever played no question. Great work Quetzalcoatl, specially the new version 3.5. Nevertheless, the game always crashes when I try to play with or against Sparta... it must have some problems with this specific faction because I can play with any other one.
    I'm using windows 7 on a mac with parallels desktop 5, and it runs the game pretty nice and fast, I have also other mods running perfectly (including the previous STW version)... hope u know some way to solve this bug which shows the following text:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4305fe56
    Fault Module Name: RomeTW.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4305fe56
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 004f71c6
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 05df
    Additional Information 2: 05df6ed422dc4e1fb77fc8b8da810699
    Additional Information 3: 1cac
    Additional Information 4: 1cacabcad389a2ceb165d00cdc8ffb97

Thanks a lot dude

Hi ybarrah

Thanks for your comments.

This will be your problem…

Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    you must use rtw 1.5 [the final patch version from CA]

Try patching the game and try again, though I don’t understand why it works for other factions? Did you not get an error message from the game itself [your shortcut has ‘show err’ writen in it yes?]?

If you are using 1.5 already, then without an error message its difficult to find the cause, I have played Sparta myself and the only faction we normally get problems with are the romans.

I don’t have windows 7, so perhaps make sure you are using a compatability option.

at what point does it crash?
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Thanks for your quick response mate!

As a matter of fact I had a mistaken crack, it was version 1.3 but I already downloaded the crack 1.5 and this time I could play with Sparta but I realized the problem is the unit Spartiaties, whenever I include a unit in the Custom Battle mode or I play with or against an army that has one in the Campaign mode the game crashes just after the loading screen, before it shows the battle (and it shows the exact same error) Is everything OK with this unit?? (I mean with files, skins and all that?) Because now I'm positive Windows 7 is not the problem.

The target of my the shortcut is
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta -mod:sparta"

That is the correct shortcut, and I would use a proper version, you can get rtw for $5 so its not gonna cost a lot. The spartiate works fine for me and everyone else, but you must have the unit settings on highest as the skin is 1024 pxl’s in size where vanilla units are 256, so only the highest settings will work.

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

every time i go to the battle...my screen go's all black and says "Frequency out of range" what can i do to fix this??????

Probably a bad installation, or messed up Vanilla ?

Do you have any other mods installed ?

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Hey Quetz and team of Sparta Total War,

I'm receiving an immediate CTD in my Cretan campaign if I press the End Turn button.
    Whats important for you guys to know? What turn/year I get this crash?

Yes. But also, try to move some characters and units, and build some extra buildings. Mostly, end-turn CTD's can be solved by this.

And try to save the game. if it crashes, it means it's an error in the names

every time i go to the battle...my screen go's all black and says "Frequency out of range" what can i do to fix this??????
    It sounds like a model error but one that no one else is getting, which probably means there is a conflict somewhere. Please take a screenshot of the error or write it down in its entirety.

And in future post on the appropriate thread! [bugs and issues thread]

as mr B says, make sure you have no mods that are not modfoldered, and try reinstalling and even redownloading as your download may have had an error.

if it crashes, it means it's an error in the names
    Can he add the vanilla names file if that is the problem?

it sounds like the vanilla bug to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Can he add the vanilla names file if that is the problem?

it sounds like the vanilla bug to me though.
    Thanks for the quick help! Will try out your solutions tonight when I'm back home from work. I really hope moving some units will help because I certainly dont want to end this exciting campaign.

Also, Quetz, can you send me the vanilla name file just in case? Not sure what it will fix or what it will do....but if it helps me continueing my campaign then its all good.

Have you never had that vanilla bug? I had it many times.

Just copy the file from vanilla and paste it over your one in Sparta/data [I presume mr b means the ‘descr_names’ file].

It is actually illegal to exchange vanilla files, they have to be modified first.

Changing files won't do anything, since they don't affect save-games. They may even cause more errors afaik

Oh I see. Some files are parsed on startup yes, hmm but others are not.

Did we actually do anything with the names file in the end? or is it still vanilla.

Well, I loaded up an older savegame. It CTD when a spy was moving.
    So I loaded the game again and moved all of my spies, but still a CTD happens when i press the End Turn button.

Year of my campaign is 418 B.C.
    And start year of the main campaign is 480 B.C.

I edited that because I want more time in my campaigns. So I dont know what year it normally starts at Sparta:tw.

i dont think the start date affects it, but try moving all your characters around. if you are sieging a city, lift the siege.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i am not sure, but could the starting date effect the problem he had? i mean that the game has some specific events to happen in specific dates so it might did the damage.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast