Thread: warband 0.650 new feature riposte

Default warband 0.650 new feature riposte

They added in counterattack mechanism in the 0.650version

The email says there are gonna be two ways to counterattack

It is now possible to stop attacks by parrying or blocking. Quickly pressing and releasing the right mouse button will trigger a parry, whereas holding it down will activate a block. Parrying at the right time will cause the attacker to be stunned longer giving the defender a longer window for a counter-attack. Parrying with a shield will also cause less damage to the shield. Currently, there is no seperate animation for parrying but it is still functional.
    For now you cant do the parry and counterattack yet ,since the new animations are not available (I used openBRF and saw 6 new counterattack animations there)

And the other way is chamber block

Chambering animation will also defend against a particular attack direction for a brief period.Chamber right -> Defends against opponent's left to right attack.
    Chamber left -> Defends against opponent's right to left attack.Chamber overswing -> Defends against opponent's thrust attack.
    Chamber thrust -> Defends against opponent's overswing attack.
    That means when sb attacks you , you attack him from certain direction as well
    As long as the timing is right
    your chamber animation will block his attack and at same time u follow your attack through

Default Re: warband 0.650 new feature riposte

Good post, I actually did a parry without knowing when I got back online the other day.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

that looks awesome!!

Will look even more awesome when Walls of Byzantion gets a good texturerer

It's a really nice feature, but I get hit more often than I parry. Too slow I guess.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Talk about slow, I need to upgrade to a faster processor.

I really want to try out parries! Must...get...Warband...working!

What's up with this "Chambering" ? Like, what does it do differently? I haven't really noticed anything... But then again, I only played .650 a little bit.

And Armatus, how fast is your processor?
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

2.4 Ghz mobile.