Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Warhammer Disscusion

Default General Warhammer Disscusion

I´m amazed this threads havn´t been started by now so I will start it myself, a little place where everyone can talk about Warhammer in general. Since I´m not that a big fan of this franchise I´ve only got limited knowledge so I don´t know where to start really

Wich race got the most awsome benefit and the most rugged disadvantage in your opinion?

As for benefit I think the Orcs have both the biggest advantage as well as disadvantage becouse of their numorousity and infighting

Default Re: General Warhammer Disscusion

I think Skaven have the best advantage due to their sheer numbers (More than anyone else) and the fact that they are under everywhere.

Their main disadvantage is that they cannot agree on anything. Damn the council of the thirteen!!!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

What about the undead (Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings)? They have sheer number, don't run away, neer impossible to kill, and whoever they kill joins them. I say they have the biggest advantage.

In the end it will be a fight between Chaos and Undead, the Skaven will be destroyed and their corpses join our legions the men shall also join as shall the elder races, the Slann will die and become extinct, then an eternal war will rage between Endless Demons and Endless Undead warriors.....It will rage until Malal joins our side and kicks the other Chaos gods back to 40k...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Chaos is the most powerful, storywise.

Daemons are as fearless, but stronger, than undead, their chaos warriors are stronger than most of other factions elite and the chaos gods can shape reality itself.

Can someone tell me what happened in the intro of Warhammer Mark of Chaos? Who was the bald guy? And what type are those chaos (?) warriors? And who was that masked guy that saved the bald guy at the end?

Rule wise Demons and Undead are ridiculously overpowered and broken. They spoil the game and win every tournament in 7th edition Warhammer. GW won't provide errata to change the rules either as they never admit mistakes.

Chaos will prevail over undead yes but then when they finally triumph and take over the world Malal will coem and smash them into a million tiny winy pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphuristical View Post
    Can someone tell me what happened in the intro of Warhammer Mark of Chaos? Who was the bald guy? And what type are those chaos (?) warriors? And who was that masked guy that saved the bald guy at the end?

The "bald guy" is a priest of Sigmar, the most popular god of the Empire.
    The Chaos warriors were most likely Chaos Undivided (i can't remember any distinguishing marks for any specific god).
    The masked guy seemed to be a High Elf Shadow Warrior.

Just a note, please don't take Mark of Chaos as canon for Warhammer overall, Mark of Chaos was pretty bloody naff.

Oh, and who the feck is Malal?

Malal is the "5th" Chaos God, but he was retrospectively removed (known as retconned), because the author who created him for warhammer actually included him under his own copyright - and when he was let go from the company, he withdrew Games Workshops License to use him - hence their overzealous nature for IP infringements.

The basic idea behind him was that he was the true embodiment of Chaos the Chaos God of Chaos, in essence, the antithesis of the other Gods, and himself. Due to the Chaos Gods being creatures formed of pure emotion, or fulfilment of their nature (i.e The Blood God recieves the benefit of those slain - although mostly honourably, regardless of whether they are followers or not - i.e a Lizardmen Saurus, a creature created to fight against the horrors of Chaos fighting against a Mercenary raider on the coast of Lustria has no connection to the Dark Powers, but should their be blood shed, then it will go to the Blood Lake in the Chaos wastes), the destruction of Chaos will see Malal himself destroyed, but that also means he's fulfilling his nature, which then means he is increasing in his potency - which then means he is not fulfilling his nature, meaning he decreases in potency, which means he's then fulfilling his nature blah blah. So basically the most chaotic is also the only Chaos God in equilibrium, and antithesis to himself, which reciprocates. Look to his power similar to that of a Sine/Cosine Curve Graph.

Chaos Warriors in the Mark of Chaos video were unclear - undivided use any colour, and red is popular, but that is also the colour of Khorne, The Oldest of the Chaos Gods - yet an ambush doesn't necessarily seem to be their nature, especially when lead by a Bloodthirster (the large Daemon with the wings, looking like a Balrog, or DnD Pitfiend and Balor halfbreed).

- - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone actually play the game itself in TT? What armies do they play?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

I have Empire and Vampire Counts

So basically...Malal is dividing by 0...repeatedly. I think i kinda like this guy, even if he does have a name like a Turkish chocolate bar.
    I never quite understood how a Bloodthirster just happens to pop in on a forest ambush, especially when it's such a small scale battle, but it did look a little epic so i can see why they put it in for aesthetic reasons even if it is a little out of nature.

I didn't like mark of chaos, just was curious about the video itself, thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Does anyone actually play the game itself in TT? What armies do they play?

1)Empire
    2)Dwarfs
    3)Bretonnia
    Used to High Elves and Chaos Mortals.

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Chaos is the strongest, it does have the largest numbers, the infinity of the immaterium is in effect the combined imagination of everything that ever lived and ever will live, all of their most wretched fears, hates, loves, indulgence, all emotions are given form here in one way or another. From here the chaos Gods can form themselves and their own warriors in the form of demons, but also they can bestow superhuman skills and strength on the mortal warriors who fight in their name.

If each individuals imagination/breadth of emotion is infinite imagine if that infinity is multiplied by all that have lived and all that will live, how can anything hope to stand in the way of chaos.

But on the other hand, due to the diversity of emotion they are contradictory and the biggest threat to them is eachother so the insignifigant puny mortals of the warhammer world merely get a glance from time to time, nothing more. And so the mortal world lingers on, for now.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Is it possible for a Chaos worshipper to change religion and become "good"? Like the opposite of how someone who worships Sigmar might convert to Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    Is it possible for a Chaos worshipper to change religion and become "good"? Like the opposite of how someone who worships Sigmar might convert to Chaos.
    Sure it should be possible, if really rare. Though, the Inquisition would kill him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    the Inquisition would kill him anyways.
    ...sayeth the Lordinquisitor...

Senator

yeah i doubt that a follower of chaos could convert from his ways. to be a follower of one of the dark gods, you give everything, mind, body, soul just for the chance of power and immortality, after you make a pact with the dark gods, there is no going back.

I play the druchii, thinking about starting something new, not sure yet. I do love my dark elves

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    1)Empire
    2)Dwarfs
    3)Bretonnia
    Some good choices there!
    Dwarfs and Bretonnian's for me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast