Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod_5.8 Issues

Default DarthMod_5.8 Issues

Here you can post your comments,bugs,problems,suggestions on the mod.Pls do not spam!

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well so far so good.
    The map is nice and the AI seems to be harder now.
    But is it just me or does the infantry get tired alot faster now. ??

Hi, I just started a new campaign (VH/VH) and when attacking the first rebel town I came across their short spear barbarians seemed to have a range on their dinky little spears that looked as if it was one of the longer spear phalanxes - but only in that short charge and stab they do sometimes.

other than that w00p, great mod!

Average British Student

Is it just me, but the turn times are very long compared like 10 seconds i had on on RTR 6

its the map size and the slave AI - they have alot to control now

in my initial battles i get suicidal missile troops - often one unit of archers and several phalanx units - the archers run off and attack - then rout very quickly.

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973
    Ok thanks , BTW Mod is great

Well Done Darth

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973

in my initial battles i get suicidal missile troops - often one unit of archers and several phalanx units - the archers run off and attack - then rout very quickly.
    Yep me too. Started with Seleucids (doesn't they have too much provinces (25) at the start?) and yeah in the first battle my 3 levy pikemen and 1 skirmishers against 1 archer 2 peasants rebel army enemy archers charged my skirmishers which where just ahead of pikes. The 120 unit archers where annihilated in a couple of seconds.
    Another notice is maybe some factions like Britannia, Dacia, Thrace, Parthia should be given more starting provinces, cause it's kinda difficult for AI to expand, while imo Seleucids should have less lands in the beginning (although it's unhistorical but it would be more balanced and challenging)
    One last thing I noticed is that while in battles the AI general is closer to the main army on the left side its' unit is still a bit exposed, especially if it's infantry. Why not keep general in the center?
    THANKS DARTH AND EVERYBODY WHO CREATED THIS WONDERFUL MOD! I'm enjoying it sooooo much!
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Pls someone report of your battle experience do you feel it better?
    The skirmisher suicide is smthg that happens when you also have skirmishers upfrond and try to chase them.
    It happens sometimes but generally you will notice far more effective battle maneuvers from them.
    They will virtually deplete all their ammo on human army.

I really enjoy playing DarthMod, especially with the new huge map. I have no complaints, only two observations:

1) When playing a 'quick battle', there are no unit cards for cavalry or generals(infantry in this case), only black peasants...this is not a big deal for me since I never play quick battles anyway. (I accidentally clicked on quick battle once & noticed this)

2) The more noticable issue is with the cavalry sprites in custom or campaign battles. They appear to be smaller than the 3D unit. Again, not a big deal, but it does look a bit strange.

Has anyone else noticed this? I installed DarthMod on a copy of a lightly modded vanilla, however I did replace the modded files for this second copy with the original backup I had. The only mods I have installed along with DarthMod are the CC Light Music Mod & a faction maps mod.

Battles are really great...the AI is more competent with using their troops like they should. Once I had a different experience though...during my Egypt campaign I attacked a greek army of 3 hoplites, with one general unit (heavy cavalry) as their reinforcements. I had 2 phalanx units, 1 spear, 2 archers, and 1 general (light cavalry).

My phalanx & spears were in the front with the archers behind & the general at the back in the middle. I marched my whole army within bow range & started firing on the hoplites. The general came from the west side of the map & charged right into my phalanx. While I used my general to finish off the routing enemy general, the hoplites only started moving after I had mowed down almost half of them.

I have only noticed the suicidal general in this one battle...maybe because he was the lone reinforcement?

Average British Student

Well this was first battle I played using DarthMod 5.8. Attach the replay file so anybody can watch it. Best battle I had for every long time. Second Battle i had was Gaul vs. Germans I took 24% off AI and AI killed 88% of army that’s first time loss heavy causalities but it was good. Both battles on VH.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

@wipeout140.....

I have downloaded your file but....
    Which folder do I need to place it in to be able to load it as 'replay battle'. It can't be the save game folder because when I do it then doesn't show up in the 'replay battle' list.
    Thanks for any help.

Average British Student

Vimes go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Copy of Rome - Total War for example then look for a folder called replays and put the file in that folder. Then start RTW up=options=load replays and chose greatbattle

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for that - I hadn't got that folder and so I needed to create it and then I could add the file, then I could watch....

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Anhone know how to de-activate the timer ??
    Is there a way to change this in the setting or do you have to use the TiLin ??

Average British Student

Vimes - That should work
    TB666 - In game on the campagin map escape - game options then tick no battle timer

Excellent work Darth! This version is a marked improvement to the previous one. The AI is much more challenging and I can see a long and arduous road ahead of me! I am currently playing with the Scipii (I have never finished the game with a Roman faction! ; Egypt is already a powerhouse, stretching almost across all the southern part of the map, the Carthaginians are fighting doggedly against my attacks (and they are losing ground much more slowly than in vanilla or previous DathMod versions), the Seleucids are holding strong and the Julii have unleashed their forces to the north. On the other hand, the city-states and the Macedonians have stemmed off the Brutii, though the City-states have taken the upper hand now and pushed back the Macedonians all the way to Pella.

I would recommend, however, that more provinces are given to Gaul (they got quickly smashed under the combined attack of the Julii, the Spanish and the Britts), to Germania and to Thrace. The great stretch of rebel provinces between the Alps and Denmark allowed the Julii to expand like wildfire, while Thrace is down to two provinces after being attacked by Dacia. Also, the Numidians could use a few more provinces since right now they are easy pickings for the Carthaginians.

As for battles, the AI is much more smart this time. However, during sieges I seem to run into three issues (at least when the AI is siegeing cities with stone walls) : i) the AI did not build any tunnels when sieging my stone-walled city, ii) battering rams are completely useless when the AI is attacking because they quickly get burned down by the flame arrows of the stone wall towers and iii) Ladder-carrying units that come under missile attack while approaching my walls seem to get stuck in-place moving neither forward or backwars and effectively being slaughtered (or they finally begin to approach the wall again after 10-15 min of just sitting there). I think the ladder issue can be bypassed if the AI can be convinced to focus on siege towers and tunnels instead of ladders/rams.

Finally, I am still getting the old faction icons in the Diplomacy window and also when the AI is playing its turns.

However, all in all it has been a great experience so far!
    Last edited by Mythrantar; September 01, 2005 at 10:59 AM.

your posts help a lot. thanks!pls continue.
    wipeout I will check your replay.very good idea to attach.
    tb666 the timer is de-activated in main menu pre-campaign and also during your campaign in options.
    mythrantar I expect everybody's opinions for provinces so as to alter in next version.Right now the map is default MM2 geographically but modded per AI faction. Generally the rebel forces are wiped out by factions but each game is quite different with randomness depending on slave conquering.Soon Powerful nations will arise.

In sieges: AI never used tunnels=CA bug (In fact I solved a MM2 bug that caused only siege rams and tunnels to be built and so AI unable to storm stone walls.
    The siege ram is done to be easy flammable bcs the boiling oil pours endlessly = CA bug =destroys every good effort of AI by mass unfair killing.
    The ladders wait for siege towers to end their job and then continue their attack.
    This smthg created by my modding to make AI produce carefull assists but now seems sometimes overcareful. I think I cannot alter that and simultanusely keep the other benefits.
    Generally you must confess that AI sieges are far more enhanced and cause much casualties to human. Only timer is able to repel a good AI attack.
    Also quick battles are not to be played with darthmod. It is written in ReaDarth.
    Try historical battles. Some will have problems with cinematics but if you hit escape you will play.

Average British Student

Darth tomorrow if i have time, i will try to have other battles and post screenshots or post replays if i forget take screenhshots

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast