Thread: Generic Error: Insufficient Video Memory To Load Requested Texture Set

Icon9 Generic Error: Insufficient Video Memory To Load Requested Texture Set

Was sallied against, and when the battle was loading, when the loading bar completely filled in I got a CTD with the message "Generic Error: Insufficient Video Memory To Load Requested Texture Set." I looked this up on other forums and apparently it has to do with loading screens or sprites. I'm no expert on this stuff so if you could explain things to me like I was a 5 year old I'd appreciate it, haha.

My computer specs:

Windows Vista Home Basic
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz, ~3.3GHz
    502MB RAM
    Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

...Might just be my crappy computer though.
    Appreciate any help.

Default Re: Generic Error: Insufficient Video Memory To Load Requested Texture Set

I think the problem is due to the amount of memory you have (your computer, I mean ) Are your in-game options set up to maximum?

Art by Joar

Default Re: Generic Error: Insufficient Video Memory To Load Requested Texture Set

No, most everything is set on Medium with unit scale on large.

I think it's as you said. The Pc you run is too crap for this game and any mod. I point especially mods as they tend to ampliphy the quality of the game adding new higher detailed textures and adding many other thing making the vanilla game even heavier.