Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers. FAQ- First post contains vital information!!!

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Questions and Answers- read the first post

Quote Originally Posted by Titus2009 View Post
    I saw in the installer that bretonnia and dark elves are in the game, but nowhere to be seen!!
    You know where they've gone??

BTW, I also get a white block under in my screen when I start a campaign, so it's unplayable..
    Does any1 know how to fix this???
    I do not know how is it possible, but installer gave me no impression that Dark Elves or Bretonnia should be in the campaign (They are not).

Default Two quick questions

1.) My first question is what is the complete list of settlements I need to conquer as Reikland to have a lore accurate Empire? I'm getting tired of being boxed in by allies and I want to take it all for myself and make the Grand Theogonist my *****.

2.) Also I noticed while playing Slaanesh I cannot upgrade settlements past what I conquer them as... I don't mind I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

thread merged
    please post in Q&A thread as Pilgrim said.regards-Beregond
    Last edited by Beregond; December 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Two quick questions

1. I think the regions in the victory conditions is the lore accurate empire, but you don't have to follow the rules. In fact, in the world of Warhammer, there are no rules.

2. I'm not exactly sure how the Chaos factions work in the campaign, so I don't know if that's supposed to happen or if it's a bug.

But next, please try and post in the questions and answers thread.

Titus2009's Avatar Libertus

well, you got a point on that dark elf thing, but still it has to be somewhere in-game I guess..
    No fix on that white block yet? Perhaps re-installing kingdoms is an idea?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Titus2009 View Post
    I saw in the installer that bretonnia and dark elves are in the game, but nowhere to be seen!!
    You know where they've gone??

BTW, I also get a white block under in my screen when I start a campaign, so it's unplayable..
    Does any1 know how to fix this???
    1. The Dark Elves and and Bretonnia are set to be in the next campaign. So are the Skaven (rat people)

2. You may have an incorrect installation. Try deleting the mod folder and reinstall it from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaygr View Post
    Hey, I recently got this and all I can say is good job!
    Just a quick question though, I was idly rooting through export_descr_unit.txt, where I noticed a lot of unit could have Banner Carriers, yet they were all commented out. Why is this?
    The team must have not wanted to include them in this release. Maybe later though

Gentlemen, please read the first post. isilendil said few times before that they are focusing on current campaign. How do you know that there will be one, when even modders are not sure?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    I do not know how is it possible, but installer gave me no impression that Dark Elves or Bretonnia should be in the campaign (They are not).
    If you look in the battle_models.modeldb and the descr_mounts files, you'll find entries for Bretonnia and Dark Evles. If you look in the models folder, you'll see their models.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    If you look in the battle_models.modeldb and the descr_mounts files, you'll find entries for Bretonnia and Dark Evles. If you look in the models folder, you'll see their models.
    That is in a way absolutely irrelevant. Until they finish polishing Storm of Chaos it does not matter what we say. I understand this Holy Pilgrim, believe that I do (and of course I want to see new factions and campaigns as eagerly as anyone else), talk about future in Q and A just confuses a little and for that purpose I think it would be for the best if this question (what will be new factions etc..) would not appear in this thread. You can discuss it elswhere. Just to keep things clean .

Citizen

Default Re: Questions and Answers- Reading of the first post is compulsory!

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. I just thought you didn't know they were there.

As for everyone else who read that message,

Dark Elves, Bretonnia, Skaven, and Wood Elves will be in next campaign. Do NOT ask when the next will be done, as that requires more models and an even newer map. It can be considered another mod in itself. The team is currently working on finishing THIS campaign before even thinking about moving on

Thanks, The Holy Pilgrim

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. I just thought you didn't know they were there.

As for everyone else who read that message,

Dark Elves, Bretonnia, Skaven, and Wood Elves will be in next campaign. Do NOT ask when the next will be done, as that requires more models and an even newer map. It can be considered another mod in itself. The team is currently working on finishing THIS campaign before even thinking about moving on

Thanks, The Holy Pilgrim
    Read the first post you rogues . There are Q and A for everyone so Holy Pilgrim does not have to write it in so many words.

Titus2009's Avatar Libertus

Don't want to break in, but I have 1 more question:
    In-game map is not like the campaign menu map.
    Don't know if that was the idea or a fault, nonetheless, great mod.
    BTW, The Holy Pilgrim's solution with the white blocks in my screen worked!!

Citizen

That was the idea. It's supposed to look like that. I kind of like it.

Tiro

*bump*
    I just became undivided in chaos and have a little question. Are you planning to make Archaon more powerful? Atm he is a bit ankward to be the Lord of the end times, or do he get very powerful later on when you play with him? It would also be cool if he became faction leader but might be a bit hard to script that maybe. There are also 2 of him spawning atm so i wonder if that will be fixed too.

Another questions is: How are you supposed to get the 6 treasures of chaos? They are in the retinue descriptions and i did them myself but dont really know how to get them tbh.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Why didn't you use a "Call of Warhammer" folder? It could be so easy...
    And how those want to play the Teutonic campaign do? They call it "warhammer"?
    You hard work for a mod, and you even not have the easy way for the folder???
    Ah ok, you want us to have some little boring work!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    Why didn't you use a "Call of Warhammer" folder? It could be so easy...
    And how those want to play the Teutonic campaign do? They call it "warhammer"?
    You hard work for a mod, and you even not have the easy way for the folder???
    Ah ok, you want us to have some little boring work!
    They just released the mod, and it's massive, so I would say they have done pretty damn well, huge upploads, and now installer, and allready fixed major bugs. No reason to bash.

Btw. I renamed my Teutonic folder: "Real Teutonic", and it plays just like before

Citizen

Same here.

I also redirected my Teutonic Shortcut and it works like a charm

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Question :

Developers have interest in adding one special animation for cavalry in this mod ?

Is from Rome Total War,and is used by desert cavalry.This unique animation make cavalry to not charge in infantry line normally...instead,they jump with the horses in enemy formations in waves.

Is a very good animation who show in very good way one part from the real/brutal face of war,when some guys,loose control over himself...and are driven in battle by furry and madness...running toward enemy with the maximum speed,and jumping in the walls of pikes,dying by hundreds,and covering the enemies with dead bodies from the booth sides...in few seconds/minutes...transforming the battlefield in a agitated sea with colossal noisy waves,where one human appear to be lost,like a point in the stormy ocean...

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

They're in the game too, version 1.01 added two Bretonnian units. I don't know if they're in the campaign but you can use them in custom battles. Knights of the Realm and Knights Errant, the KotR even have three armor upgrades.

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

That's all I needed to know!

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Senator

yeah they are in the campaign too, i think. the edb and campaign script says there is some kind of bretonian event that happens around turn 48, then you will be able to recruit them for the empire, i think. i just took a quick glance