Thread: how do you remove bouncing banners

Icon1 how do you remove bouncing banners

if someone could direct me to how i could remove bouncing banners. iam currently playing americas campaign.

Ochiee's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: how do you remove bouncing banners

open the file "medieval2.preference.cfg" with notepad, find the line "show_banners" change the value to "0".

that file can be found in your Medieval 2 Total War folder, it usually affects all other mods, but some mods make their own "medieval2.preference.cfg" file, sometimes they rename it to their own mod, just remember to edit it.

same thing goes if you want to disable the green arrow, the line is "disable_arrow_markers " change the value to "1" to disable it.
    Last edited by Ochiee; December 16, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

i opend that file it was only 1kb in size. as i was searching through some of the other files taht i thought it may have been in i got heiroglyphics.

[video]
    widescreen=1
    [game]
    allusers=1
    Last edited by Post Hoc; December 16, 2009 at 03:06 AM.

have you tried using the "open with" options by right clicking and choose notepad??

the files is in the original Medieval 2 Total War folder. not the Americas.

medieval2.preference. which is a cfg file. when i open that file i get what is below.
    [video]
    widescreen=1
    [game]
    allusers=1

there is a folder under data called banners but when i open with notepad i get heiroglypics with any of the files in that folder.

*deleted attachment*

i renamed it to .txt because using .cfg seems to error while uploading...remember to change the .txt back to .cfg

and don't forget to back up your file first....because this .cfg is configured to my system, and will probably doesn't suit yours, or it may be suits yours.

copy the file to your default Medieval 2 Total War folder, mine is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Last edited by Ochiee; December 17, 2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: deleting attachment

it didnt work. if you have any other ideas let me know. i will keep screwing around with. thank you. not sure if it matters but iam on vista.

well, that's weird...

Too bad I don't know much about vista, so the problem is probably due to Vista's files and folders management, perhaps the people in the modders forum can help you out...

H Con's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    medieval2.preference. which is a cfg file. when i open that file i get what is below.
    [video]
    widescreen=1
    [game]
    allusers=1

there is a folder under data called banners but when i open with notepad i get heiroglypics with any of the files in that folder.
    That's weird, as it should be added more to it once you run the game for the first time. Try changing graphics options back and forth in M2TW, and check the cfg afterwards.

Oh, and the files in the banners folders are tga files, picture files (which require programs like Photoshop or GIMP to open). Pictures will ALWAYS turn into pure randomness in Notepad.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

do you use mod?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Start the game, pick campaign game, pick a faction, play a turn, exit. Now, you should have one.