Thread: [HoI3] Italy is quite fun to play!!!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default [HoI3] Italy is quite fun to play!!!

Recently I start a new Italy campaign with 1.3 patch, and out of my expection, it is quite fun!!! Starting from 1938, I have counquered Swizerland, whole Balkan and Turkey, and now planning to jump on Vichy in early 1940. Never expect there are so many actions for Italy, and the best thing is no Allies or Axis would bother you if you have too large BB.

Italy is too fun to play; my next target after Vichy would be Carribean and South America, and finally jump on USA before it is mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default Re: Italy is quite fun to play!!!

Oh yeah Italy is always a fun choice because they can basically do whatever they want, they're not really locked into events and no one is just gunning for them for no reason.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

wat game is that? like rtw?

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    wat game is that? like rtw?
    Nothing like it. See here.

If you go into it expecting TW, you will not like it. If you go in with an open mind and the realization that there's a learning curve, it can be rather fun.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Oh yeah Italy is always a fun choice because they can basically do whatever they want, they're not really locked into events and no one is just gunning for them for no reason.
    Well, I am thinking to side with Germany but Britain was conquered by Germany in January 1940!!! Damned, even Ireland was surrenderd!!!

Now Hitler is massing army on my border; I have a feeling that if I keep refusing to join Axis now Hitler would simply storm my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Probably a good plan . Besides Allied owned Africa, the Middle East, and India are just waiting to be invaded.

I played Italy so many times, lol. Last time I played as them Greece somehow joined the axis which was a great opportunity. I quickly invaded Turkey from mainland Greece and supported Greek armies all the way down to the Suez. This combined with my attack from Libya quickly destroyed British resistance. Mean while Greece turned Iraq into a puppet. Once France was conquered I move my mobile forces to The Saudi border and move my Mountain forces to the border of Iran.