Кавалерия / Cavalry
    Принцы драконов (Князья) / High Elf Dragon Princes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Серебрянные шлемы / High Elf Silver Helms

Тиранокские колесницы / High Elf Chariot

Налетчики Эллериона / High Elf Ellyrian Reaver
    Last edited by SHREDDER; December 25, 2010 at 04:27 PM.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Default Re: [Previev] High Elves

These look great man. good job.

great job! One question where are the shadow warriors? Are they done, or yet to added or not on release?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

One thing about the shields for the spearmen. I cant see the pics here because my computers playing up again but in previous screenshots i remember you have alot of different elven city/region shields in the one unit. Wouldn't it be better to do a unit of SH and a unit of spears for each region, each with little advantages and disadvantages. for instance ones from Chrace could be a bit more killy but fight in one less rank to represent their ferocity, ellyrian spears could be faster but have worse armour, SH from Caledor could be more dragon-prince looking, ect.
    Thanks for reading this, JF.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: [Preview] High Elves

Itotally agree with JF

Personally I don't like how looks the spearmen unit, with diferent shields and so many colors. I think that each unit should have one shield, resembling their city from Ulthuan. That way they would look much more disciplined, wich is fundamental in any High elve's army.

Well, that's wath I think IMHO

A quick question: Is it possible fr you to make the lion chariots?

I hope lion chariots are possible, because that's about the only practical fantasy element that there is for the HE's. Let's see... dragons? no as the flyers in some other mod (Who's name escapes me) were very broken (As in killy!). What else? mages? no as magic isn't really that easy to put into the M2TW engine.
    IMHO we need Lion chariots. Please? (Begs on ground)
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

hick09's Avatar Miles

I hope lion chariots are possible, because that's about the only practical fantasy element that there is for the HE's. Let's see... dragons? no as the flyers in some other mod (Who's name escapes me) were very broken (As in killy!). What else? mages? no as magic isn't really that easy to put into the M2TW engine.
    IMHO we need Lion chariots. Please? (Begs on ground)
    no lions chariots in the mod, because this is stupid thing.

We already have chariots

But there aren't in first reliase

sory for bad English i am russian patriot

*Jaw falls*

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    no lions chariots in the mod, because this is stupid thing.
    So armies of skeletons and huge, stupid green dudes are okay, but a lion pulling a chariot is stupid? I personally think the Lion Chariots would be a fantastic addition. If you're bringing stuff from new releases of the TT game, I feel it would be an insult to not include an option for Lion Chariots. You could even try to balance them by giving them the Frightens Enemy Infantry attribute, but also give them the chance of running amok.

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    So armies of skeletons and huge, stupid green dudes are okay, but a lion pulling a chariot is stupid? I personally think the Lion Chariots would be a fantastic addition. If you're bringing stuff from new releases of the TT game, I feel it would be an insult to not include an option for Lion Chariots. You could even try to balance them by giving them the Frightens Enemy Infantry attribute, but also give them the chance of running amok.
    +1

Nobody will do something simply because you desire it. Sad but true.
    From Russia with love.

hick09's Avatar Miles

Our team decided later that the lion chariot is a stupid thing and so the lion chariot never appears in our mod.

I'm not saying that we can tell you what to do in your mod, but doesn't the very source material dictate that lion chariots fit in to the world, and thus, should be included? I mean, lion chriots are part of the warhammer universe.

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    Our team decided later that the lion chariot is a stupid thing and so the lion chariot never appears in our mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    Nobody will do something simply because you desire it. Sad but true.
    'kay. I'll make a sub-mod and create the unit myself. Good luck with your release. I can't wait to play.

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    'kay. I'll make a sub-mod and create the unit myself. Good luck with your release. I can't wait to play.
    Good point
    From Russia with love.

On another note, I agree about the High Elf Spearmen issue. The High Elf army has always been known for its uniformity and discipline. I would imagine that, since every elf must know how to fight, they'd have entire armories ready for distributing standard-forged arms and armor. With this in mind, I think it would be best to choose the team's favorite city and just use that city's colors/emblem. You could call them "High Elf Spearmen of Avelorn" or "Avelorn Elven Spearmen" or something along those lines, which would explain why they'd all have the same sigil on their shields and armor.

And similarly, I think the High Elven troops should all be very high in discipline and training. This will result in very tight formations and straight battle lines, which is very befitting of the High Elves (contrasting the daemons of Chaos: a point I brought up in that thread).

EDIT: How come the Lothern Sea Guard are using pikes? As the army book states, they're the marines of the High Elven forces, fulfilling "the dangerous tasks of defending their vessels from attack, mounting boarding actions against enemy ships and attacking coastal positions." I don't think ships are the ideal place to wield a pike. You could probably get away with making them a hybrid unit in-game with spear and shield as their primary weapon and bow'n'arrow as their secondary. The shields may look a little big for animations, but I think that's way better than splitting them into two units. Just my two cents, though.
    Last edited by King Siegfried; December 22, 2009 at 02:17 AM.

Last version of Elven spearmen from Yoemen

From Russia with love.

Awesome. Much better indeed.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

My computer just got stroke...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast