Thread: Saxon recruitment question

Default Saxon recruitment question

Hi there i want to know if theres a way to modify one of the descr files(and which one will be) to be able to enable the recruitment earlier of cnihte, gisipe, and dugup eorid, i dont know if theres a problem with my mod cuz i dont know how to get large cities with the saxons in says i need large markets or something like that and they can't build those, so if thats the case im getting without my 3 best units i had a campaign going on and it was going good but had to uninstall the mod so i am starting from scratch and i would like to know if this is possible, i am not trying to cheat just find a way to get to use my best units since everyone around me is getting to use their elites without any problems(specially the huns and their cavalry) Well thanks for your time hope to hear from someone.

Default Re: Saxon recruitment question

I will check this out and get back to you.

Amritochates's Avatar Foederatus

gisipe or Saxon Champions are currently recruitable from:

foundry requires factions { eastern, roman, }, since barbarian factions cannot build the foundry your only choice in game is to capture a city with one. Alternatively you could mod them to be recruited from the barrack line of buildings. (Export_descr_buildings.txt)

Cnight is recruitable from:

foundry requires factions { barbarian, eastern, hun, nomad, roman, }, so just build the appropiate building which is also the case for the last unit geoguth:

imperial_palace requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, hun, nomad, roman, } and building_present_min_level market great_forum, but in which case

great_forum requires factions { eastern, roman, } so just remove the great_forum as a prerequisite for imp palace (also in Export_descr_buildings.txt)

PPS. map.rvm file has to be deleted for the changes to take place.

Amritochates's Avatar Foederatus

Just to clarify the only reason I have time to answer in detail to such questions, is that I have temporarily stopped playing RR and am waiting for ver 8.0, if you get my hint !!

Quote Originally Posted by Amritochates View Post
    Just to clarify the only reason I have time to answer in detail to such questions, is that I have temporarily stopped playing RR and am waiting for ver 8.0, if you get my hint !!
    Nope, I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Nope, I don't get it...
    He means it time to release mod (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    He means it time to release mod (jk)
    Trust me, we all wish it was so! But the truth is that it's not finished, and I have always been a fan of polished mods that are released finished rather than fast, if you know what I mean?

We will, however, soon show you some of what you can expect from v.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Trust me, we all wish it was so! But the truth is that it's not finished, and I have always been a fan of polished mods that are released finished rather than fast, if you know what I mean?

We will, however, soon show you some of what you can expect from v.8.
    Looking forward to see it