Thread: Resolution Error

Default Resolution Error

Hi everyone, long time reader (and lover of the game!) - first time poster!

I'm having a nightmare with my M2TW Gold! Everything was working fine earlier, but I just thought I'd look at the graphics options. In doing so, I changed the resolution, (I don't remember to what!) and the game crashed, giving me a black screen with a loading bar at the bottom that repeats, along with the sound. (Liked a scratched record!)

Now, everytime I start the game, this happens. I can't get back to change the resolution. I have searched for hours trying to find something for this, I have tried changing the resolution lots of times in the medieval2.preferences folder, but this hasn't helped at all! I then reinstalled the game completely but still nothing?!

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I have looked as much as I could! Any help would be just amazing!

Thank you! Jenks!

[As everything has always worked fine before, it can't be a performance issue - but my Screen specs are: 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) X-black LCD]

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Resolution Error

You can set the resolution for both campaign and battle in medieval2.preferences.cfg.

I have tried changing my resolution a number of times, including the default resolution of the game. Still, all I can see is the flickering loading bar, a black screen and the cursor!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have you tried reinstalling the game?