Thread: BC units available for other mods.

Default BC units available for other mods.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315949

Maybe it's already been mentioned somewhere in the DotS forum, either way. AlphaDelta from the Broken Crescent mod has announced that he's permitting other mods to use his units. The question i want too ask is: if the DotS team is going too use his units?
    Last edited by ImperatorXVIII; December 14, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

Default Re: BC units available for other mods.

Ideally, I want to create all original units for the Middle-Eastern factions, though I may want to incorporate some pieces of his models into my own work. We have a lot of units to finish however, so you shouldn't be surprised if some of AD's units make it into DotS as placeholders until I can get around to creating my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

I thought including them would free up some time for other things possibly, all in all maybe speeding up the progress a bit. Anyway, i think your plan is a good course of action, that way it can take some pressure of you and you can include your own work a bit later on. Thanks for answering.
    Last edited by ImperatorXVIII; December 15, 2009 at 02:49 AM.

I actually have a few Middle-Eastern units, with shield textures by Pacco, that are very close to completion, so expect to see some new units previews within the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by sumskilz; December 15, 2009 at 04:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Some units there are masterpieces on their own, so I guess few units could make it without much changes (small details like colouring or different face models why not) and might even settle here forever as a form of tribute to great AD (I think he wouldn't mind, after all). I don't know which models were precisely AD work and which other members, but I guess you will get a full list eventually? Also - placeholders, why not? After all DOTS is DOTS, it will get where it set it's goals sooner or later and the less vanilla units we will see on first beta launch the better the impression will be. Including work of other modders is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by Achilla; December 15, 2009 at 06:33 AM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

k_161's Avatar Miles

In my opinion, the models in sumskilz preview are some of the best models I've seen in game. I'd prefer if he made all of the Muslim units : P.

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast"

For your information, here is the original post by Alpha Delta with the complete list of his units made for BC, including his reasoning and conditions:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315949

Note that the units made by Strelac are not available (including the Romans and those awesome Ghulams).

Since Alpha Delta's units are generally great I wouldn't mind to see them included, though some faces might need a rework to bring the quality on par with the rest of your work shown so far.

Looking forward to the preview!

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

I can use all Strelac´s work... he gave me permission.

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Meister Röhrich's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Excellent news! So we can expect let's say BC Varangians for Byzantium or will they only be partly used? (CBURs are also very nice and accurate but in my opinion Strelacs are still the best...)

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

We will be using CBUR's as they are more accurate, i would say. Sum will be redoing several borrowed units to make them look better, though.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Terrific news indeed!

Meister Röhrich's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    We will be using CBUR's as they are more accurate, i would say. Sum will be redoing several borrowed units to make them look better, though.
    Well if Sumskilz is involved I'm sure they will even look better than BCs!