Thread: Technical Help

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Technical Help

Hey guys, I posted this in the "Post your empire" thread, but here it is again: I reinstalled EU3 and was in the process of upgrading it with the 3.2 patch, but every time I try and run it I get this message:

unable to execute file in temporary directory. Setup is aborted. Error 5: Access denied

Any ideas? Could someone also maybe upload the 3.2 patch for me? Maybe it's just the way I'm downloading it or something.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Campidoctor

Default Re: Technical Help

Other than the possibility of a corrupted download, are you closing the EU3 launcher before running the patch?

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Yes, every single time. I've downloaded it several times, I've tried running it as an administrator, I've turned off UAC, I've tried running it on multiple compatibility modes (on Windows 7), but it still won't work.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

When you download it try saving it to your desktop
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!