Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CTD Hunting - BC 2.02 Script Update

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 CTD Hunting - BC 2.02 Script Update

Hi everybody,

in order to track down and eliminate the remaining CTD issues, I have started this thread, where I will release updated single files, that might help to solve some of the reported CTD issues.

I'll start with the campaign_script.txt. It belongs into the folder:

..\broken_crescent\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\

I would appreciate feedback with existing save games and a new started campaign.

Regards
    GrandViZ

EDIT: Updated the script.
    Last edited by GrandViZ; December 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Default Re: CTD Hunting

Hi!
    As I have played 3 campaigns (Oman, Ayuybid and Kypchaks) with all of them having a CTD somewhere (mostly around 1225-1236 in my case), I gave your new script a chance and now im in the year 1232.
    Some remarks;

First of all, the very good news, I had no CTD's at all. In the past I had some issues with minor CTD which could be avoided, this script has no CTD's (in my case).

The bad news is that the script is not properly working. I was playing as Kypchaks (again) and I never get the message of Kypchaks joining forces and receiving the 2 full stacks of units..
    Besides, the Mongols never invade in this script. I get some messages (Samarqand sends the head of the messenger etc). But they never invade...
    I do not know about the crusades, but i guess they do not occur here too, as KoJ is destroyed and dont get any messages of crusades arriving.

Secondly, this one is not script related, is that whenever one of the enemies sally in a siege, the gate remains open, so i can draw them out, send the cav in en wait for 3min, and I have the city..

So i guess the campaign script is causing a lot of ctd's...
    Thanks for all your effort putting into it!

Update: Im in the year 1250 and still no CTD.

Other thing I forgot to mention is that with this script, the strategy (radar) map at the bottom left is not complete, about 10% of the map is gone on the 'radar', while it is present. Compare it to the America's which are not discovered, but already on the map (fog-of-war black). The difference is that here it is no fog-of-war, it is just not present.
    It's the left side, so cities like Constantinople and Kiev cannot be found on the radar-map.

Hi,

I was playing an ayyubid campain witch crashed around 1226. I tried the new script file, it worked great until a CTD in1249 (Mongols turn).
    I also tried a new campain with the ERE, but as said above, a part of the map seems to be hidden...
    I do hope it helped, and also that GrandViz will be able to fix these issues, because in my opinion BC is the best MTWII mod.

Merry Xmas to you all.
    Post mortem est nihil, ipsaque mors nihil ( Sen; Troy, 397)

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

OK, here is another update on the campaign script. Crusades and Mongols should work as usual, except for maybe some increased inactivity after they have spawned.

Regarding the minimap, the script should actually have no impact. However, starting a new campaign will help. At least after the second attempt, it usually does for me.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Hi,

I've started a new campaign with Armenia on difficulty H/H with the last version of your file. I'm around 1190 with no CTDs yet, but i've encountered a strange issue: all AI factions I've spied or confronted on the battlefield have high or even top-tier units in good amounts from the beginning of the campaign, and it's getting worse now, to the point of almost being unplayable.

Such is the case with at least: Turks (many Jennisaries in turn 6!), ERE (Pelephikoroi, Skutatoi ...), Ayyubids (Dis. Askaris, Tawashi) and KOJ (Templars of all kinds).

I don't know if this is related to the script, but this is the first time on many campaigns (some in VH/VH), i've encountered such a problem, so I post it here just in case.

BTW, great mod, and thx for all your efforts!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

It is not campaign script related issue, but it's because of EDB settings. AI has big advantage and gets best quality troops much earlier than human player.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ok, thanks, i just didn't imagine that the advantage was so big and so early, specially as I have played some campaigns in VH without seeng such a big advantange. Anyway, I now recall that was back in 1.5.

To stay on topic, I'll report the CTDs or, hopefully, the lack of them as I progress in the campaign (or if I must start another in N difficulty, those of that campaign).

Hi!
    First of all: best wishes for the new year, I hope BC will get even better then it already is.

Secondly, i've tried the new script in my holidays, but unfortunately it gives a CTD around 1204-1207.
    Im playing with KoJ on VH/VH. It got the first CTD in the summer 1204 when i tried to load my savegame. So this was not an ingame CTD. This could be solved by loading an older savegame (1198). I played through the summer of 1204 without any CTD's.
    However, i got an ingame CTD in 1207 which could not be avoided, even by replaying it from 1203.

The crusade did arrive in constinople and sieged it, but they lost and dissappeared (my spy could not see them). I got the first message of the mongols uniting, but then i could not play on..

I will be unable to play for the next couple of weeks as I have to work, so I hope when I can play again the new BC is released. Looking forward to it!

Hi,

I continued my campaign with Armenia. Year is 1203, turn 60 and I get a CTD when loading any save game made in that turn, even Autosave (that is, having done nothing in the new turn yet).

OK, so I go to my last save in previous turn, toggle_fow, see the crusader army is nearby Constantinople (the detour event was correctly announced some turns before). Then I proceed to next turn (the one which savegames crash), and I find Constantinople is being seiged by that army !!! BTW, that army's banner and tooltip are those of a "rebel army".

I may be told it's just another corrupted save issue, yet it matches precisely that scripted siege. No matter what I do in previous turn. They siege, and savegame gets always corrupted.

system.log isn't very useful, only a generic "M2TW has found a problem and will close" error.

It also occured CTD when load my ERE save 1206AD,can't see the error describe maybe "M2TW has found a problem and will close" error" too.

Hi, yesterday I decided to try another approach with my Armenian campaign.

This time I decided to avoid saving until Constantinople was no longer under siege. So, I sent an spy, let a couple of turns pass, to 62, saw it wasn't besieged and then saved and reloaded. It worked!!

So I can go on with my campaign, at least while a mongol siege or some scripted event doesn't cause a similar problem. I know It's only a workaround, but you may try that, Marutukku, if your CTD upon loading is related to some scripted event, like mine was.

Civis

"19:16:26.228 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    Consistently on AI turn with me being the Seljuqs, the year is 1182.
    At the end, the log reads
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:16:25.996 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing3> fired
    19:16:25.996 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing4> fired
    19:16:25.997 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing18> fired
    19:16:25.997 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <building_roads> fired
    19:16:25.997 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <architect_vnv_trigger> fired
    19:16:25.997 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 60
    19:16:25.998 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing3> fired
    19:16:25.998 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <architect_vnv_trigger> fired
    19:16:25.998 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 77
    19:16:25.998 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_Build_Practice_Range> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing3> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing4> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing18> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <building_roads> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <architect_vnv_trigger> fired
    19:16:25.999 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 76
    19:16:26.006 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    19:16:26.006 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OnHajj_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <GoodHajj_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <NoGoingHajj_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CanHajj_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CanHajj_trigger2> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <notVizier_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <notVizier_trigger2> fired
    19:16:26.007 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <achoholic_muslim1_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.008 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <BCTolerance2> fired
    19:16:26.008 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    19:16:26.008 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CanHajj_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CanHajj_trigger2> fired
    19:16:26.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <achoholic_muslim1_trigger> fired
    19:16:26.009 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Philosphy_trigger2> fired
    19:16:26.228 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Using the updated Campaign script and the Traits submod.
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

Hmm... Open your log file, then push ctrl+f, enter 'error' and see what errors do you get (if any). And, please, post them here.

Please, do not post here your problems related to submods!
    Last edited by wudang_clown; January 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

Hi there and thank you all for that great challenging BC mod and all of your efforts! No doubt this is the best mod for MTW..
    I started a new Campaign as KOJ after installing the latest version and everything seems to go fine. Now my Citadel is able to recruit every Unit...but there are not enough enemies left ;D
    But there is still problems with the faction Makuria. I'm not able to destroy them without getting a CTD or even conquering one more town causes a CTD !!! It seems that Makuria is a 'dead' faction with a quite passive behavior...
    I hope that latest skript could help in this case too.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

I try to play the kingdom of Georgia campaign but it says Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    What should I do?

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

If I use this script am I going to get crashes more often than usual? I have read some of these comments and they don't fill me with much confidence.

If you want to help to improve the mod then try this script, please.

After all, you have nothing to loose. With old script there is highre possibility of experiencing CTD's. With the new one - less, I think, though it has to be checked - also by you, if you decide to use it.

BC 2.2
    Romans, summer 1292, Ctd after Great Seljuk Turn, very repeatable, even after a battle against them
    Log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h2qsms
    Engish version. A "simple" Ctd that says Medieval II has encounted an error etc....
    Vista
    I do really hope you will be able to fix this issue, for since EB I never had so much fun with a TW game

Best regards, Aymeric Nikator.

Ps, please tell me If I have done anything wrong with the posting of my log.

Thanks in advance.
    Post mortem est nihil, ipsaque mors nihil ( Sen; Troy, 397)

Hi again,

Just wanted to let you know that my previous Armenian campaign finished successfully and without issues to the end around turn 100. Also, I've just finished a Malikate of Sindh campaign in which I've had just the exact same CTD issue with the siege at Constantinople at the same turn 60, bypassed again by avoiding reloading any savegames until 62. I've had no other issue at least again to around turn 90.

Don't know if there are issues later, but for me since I've changed the script there is only the (repeatable) Constantinople issue, which can be walked around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast