Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536

Thread: Patch 1.4 Preview

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Patch 1.4 Preview

Let's hope I can enjoy 1.4 a while before I screw up my first exam ( 4th of jan)

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Change the orc generals.They looking like orc light infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Fixed

For i don`t want such crap in Third Age.

There are many issues with such stuff.

Why not, i'm sure its possible and it would solve alot

a map based on the real moria with like 3-4 cities in it, a balrog that can be made as A UNIT! and he will stay inside Moria. The cities should give s of money income due mithril etc, so they are worth to be taken. The main city ''Blabla'' would spawn a balrog inside when besieged, the ''good'' general taking the city (killing the balrog normaly too) would gain outstandig traits! A general from an evil faction who takes the city won't get any traits, but soon he will be able to make a balrog

The map could be made that it realy feels like you are inside moria, when you own all the cities inside moria, you have a great cashflow though its very hard to keep control of it! (should be scripts that keep spamming orcs inside moria!)

How should it be possible?

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't get it, you mean when someone gets to Moria they would be transfered to an underground map with several cities? How? This isn't Heroes of Might & Magic...

Hey everyone. After lurking in the shadows for months ("gollum!"), I decided to finally join the conversation. I've been playing this and SS since September. Love them both! Third age is a favorite, as I have found it to be what I always wanted in a LOTR game. 1.3 is great already, love the ideas for 1.4 (minus the increase in economic difficulty, can't I just be lazy and have happy people?)!
    Just an opinion to share, not directed at anyone (though they know who they are) I couldn't help but notice a lot of people coming on and saying this or that is possible with the game, and often the ideas don't even fit into the obvious confines of the TW engine. Admittedly ANYTHING is possible, if you tear the program code out by the roots and start from scratch. but then, it wouldn't be TW, would it? But IMO, this is a mod of TW, not any other game. Personally, when I hear people referring to other games for ideas, I think they forget that engines for various games are different. You can't interchange them so easily. What works for one game is not necessarily compatible with another.
    Also, can't help but wonder when I read some complaints, what do people really think they are owed here? This is a hobby for people who have a life of their own. Why not just appreciate what's here? You didn't pay for it, did you? (and you can't, or else KK and others would be slapped with a giant lawsuit from CA, EA, Peter Jackson, and Tolkien estate).
    To the TATW team: you guys are doing a fabulous job, and it just keeps getting better! Thanks for fixing everything that is wrong with CA's TW and making it better.

Welcome to the Forum!
    +rep for your post. I wish more people would realize this.
    EDIT: coming later...

Quote Originally Posted by pete0714 View Post
    (and you can't, or else KK and others would be slapped with a giant lawsuit from CA, EA, Peter Jackson, and Tolkien estate)
    Technically not from EA, since they lost the rights to Warner Brothers recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalwulf View Post
    Technically not from EA, since they lost the rights to Warner Brothers recently.
    Good point. But you get what I'm saying. They'd still be in a lot of hot water if they got anything for it.

Senator

EA supports mods anyway with open arms, I know alot of Mods that have been made stand-alone with EA's permission allowing you not to own the original game in order to play them..

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwen View Post
    EA supports mods anyway with open arms, I know alot of Mods that have been made stand-alone with EA's permission allowing you not to own the original game in order to play them..
    Yes, but were they free games?

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    How should it be possible?

I do think its possible, when you go conquer the west (mayas etc) in the normal game you also get 'transported' to another map, a loading screen pops up etc...

Senator

Command & Conquer Renegade what is owned by EA, has three mods(that i know off) that have been made stand-alone that are completely free to play download.

Command & Conquer Reborn
    Command & Conquer Renalert
    Command & Conquer Apocalypse rising

EA welcomes the modding comunity pretty good unlike some companys i know off(Wont say names)
    Last edited by Deedlit; December 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM.

I think CA lately not only supports mods, they seem to be depending on them, as a lot of companies are. Games are no longer finalized when they are sold, they are merely basic toolboxes for the modders to perfect.

ackrite26's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by pete0714 View Post
    I think CA lately not only supports mods, they seem to be depending on them, as a lot of companies are. Games are no longer finalized when they are sold, they are merely basic toolboxes for the modders to perfect.
    That would be awful practice.
    ......................................................................................
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by ackrite26 View Post
    Well, I was frustrated with Empire, and never got it, because it seemed to me that they decided to release a very basic and buggy game and seemed to expect people to solve the problems with it. Not to mention what's up with having 50+ factions but only a dozen playable? I thought with the previous games steadily increasing the ratio of Playable/ nonplayable, we were getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwen View Post
    Command & Conquer Renegade what is owned by EA, has three mods(that i know off) that have been made stand-alone that are completely free to play download.

Command & Conquer Reborn
    Command & Conquer Renalert
    Command & Conquer Apocalypse rising

EA welcomes the modding comunity pretty good unlike some companys i know off(Wont say names)
    Seems C& C was an engine they really tried to open up. After all that was the one that was used for BFME.

Senator

Yeh the W3D Engine renegade uses evoled into the Sage Engine that BFME and all the Other RTS games EA makes. Its one of the reasons why u can import the buildings directly from renegade into Tiberium Wars.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by ackrite26 View Post
    But this IS the practice in Russia