Thread: Atg Spartan Skins

Default Atg Spartan Skins

I just downloaded the ATG Spartan HG skin and it looks awesome, but the unit picture and description still has the fruity, dress-wearing Spartans that come with the game. How do I get a new description for my new Spartans?

Got to export_units in the folder text. And then search for Spartan hoplite. Then write the description you want.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

i think he means how do you change the unit desc pictures and unit cards.

it is a long involved process if you are playing an unmodded RTW. go into your data folder and look for a folder UI. if it isnt there you need to download pakextractor and follow the instructions (its an involved process). if it is there you need to rename your provided tgas from the atg download to match the name of the old fruity pictures in your UI folder and then copy and paste over them

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Moved to SOaA.

i still get the old spartan!

I also have this problem. Hope someone can help.

Davidicus Rex's Avatar Libertus

In the UI folder you will find a Unit info folder and a units folder. Open the Unit info folder first. Now open the GREEK CITIES folder. Inside this folder you will find a file called "Greek_Hoplite_Spartan_Info", or something like that. That is the current, red-dress spartan picture you loathe. In this same folder you should find another file named "ATG_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN_INFO" or something like that. This is the cool new pic you want. So rename the first file to "Greek_Hoplite_Spartan_Info1", and then rename the "ATG_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN_INFO" to "Greek_Hoplite_Spartan_Info", and Voila!, you will have the new card for your new unit. Do the same thing with the Units folder (open GREEK CITIES, look for "#Greek_Hoplite_Spartan", rename, find #ATG_Greek_Hoplite_Spartan", rename, you are done). Hope this helps.

Default Re: Atg Spartan Skins

is there any way to customize your own units.

e.g. to change the colour of helmet or pants or anything really??

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Why dig up a three year old thread to ask a question unrelated to the thread rather than looking in the tutorials forum !.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 23, 2008 at 10:57 AM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Hoplite85 View Post
    is there any way to customize your own units.

e.g. to change the colour of helmet or pants or anything really??
    Short answer: no!

You'd need photoshop/gimp to change the texture (not easy because it's flatten result, not original work), and 3ds to re-make UI cards, and generate new sprites and probably make correct gloss files too. Unless you're a modder you wouldn't want to go through all the troubles just to give them different colors
    ________
    Cheap Glass Pipes
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

ok thanx aqd for the replay............oh and halie satanus, just calm down i was jusrt askin a question....u got a reak temper..lol

RS Beta Tester - Rome