Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 03/03/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I cannot fixed it, it has problem after 7th turn. I've started to make new files but as I said it is a huge work and will take some time. Meanwhile I've uploaded the older files for starting position. Please try them and feed back, but you have to start a new campaign. It is important because it will give me an idea where probably is the problem, in startpos or in pack files.

Download and decompress ACW.7z and use the included ACW folder yo replace the [ETW]/data/campaigns/ACW/ folder. Unit models and campaign balance will be the new one from version 3.0.

will try that
    please understand, this mod and the pirates mod are very relevant to me. without them, etw would be gone!

is there any work on any more maps?

savegames still dont work... ctd when i try to load one...

I can't figure out why the Grand Campaign isn't working for me... On the screen where i choose nation i can only see several "New french"-flags... what can I have done wrong? Answer: i had one "civil war battle mod" in my data folder together with this ... !dooh!

the battles of fx "shiloh" works perfectly...

I don't have any other mods installed at the moment...
    Last edited by LuisDK; March 24, 2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: solution of my question...

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Ace View Post
    is there any work on any more maps?
    You have to look into the "blue and the grey" mod thread. This here is the campaign forum and not the forum for the civil war battle mod
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

realy, i love this mod, but that savegame problem makes it unplayable... at least if u plan world domination^^

hello? need help there^^

Do not expect the new version soon. Making the US map from the beginning is a lot of work. Btw these problems with saves started after the new unit models where added? Did previous versions saves work? If the problem is in the new packs then I am in the wrong direction!!

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Do not expect the new version soon. Making the US map from the beginning is a lot of work. Btw these problems with saves started after the new unit models where added? Did previous versions saves work? If the problem is in the new packs then I am in the wrong direction!!
    You make an own US map? With new provinces?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Yea, but in another.. planet...

i have no other version of yer mod, cant try that, sorry

BUT im freakin out right now! u r making a new map for the us? i love you!
    take your time!

Do not be so enthusiastic. Making map means I have to make the 2 US factions owning the proper regions (from the existing ones). To do that I mast add a new faction, changing ownership of many regions and remove all Indian tribes except Huron from the game. Then I have to solve the expansion penalty issue to avoid Spain declaring war on CS...

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatus Primus View Post
    i have no other version of yer mod, cant try that, sorry

BUT im freakin out right now! u r making a new map for the us? i love you!
    take your time!
    The map will be the same but all these changes that are needed from vanilla one cost too much time and countless CTD's until will be ready.

But I need your help if you want to try this:

1. Install the mod from the 1st page in version 3.0. Then go in data folder and delete all ACW packs.

2. Download and install first this file. It is the mod packs of previous version 2.0

3. Last download and install the fix 2.1.

Start the game and check the save bug. What is this trial?

Until now we've tried version 3.0. Then you tried the mod packs from v. 3.0 but the map files from v.2.0. In this trial is the map files from version 3.0 with the mod packs of version 2.0. From your feed back I'll be a 100% sure if the problem is in the map files -as i believe now- or in the mod packs. If it is the later then I am in a wrong path and I will not solve the problem...

consider it done...
    oh wait... we will have to wait till tomorrow, today im busy

No problem!

when is the new pack coming out, the one with the B&G 2.0 in it?

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    when is the new pack coming out, the one with the B&G 2.0 in it?
    The mod has the latest models but there is a problem saving the game after 7th turn.

The map will be the same but all these changes that are needed from vanilla one cost too much time and countless CTD's until will be ready.

But I need your help if you want to try this:

1. Install the mod from the 1st page in version 3.0. Then go in data folder and delete all ACW packs.

2. Download and install first this file. It is the mod packs of previous version 2.0

3. Last download and install the fix 2.1.

Start the game and check the save bug. What is this trial?

Until now we've tried version 3.0. Then you tried the mod packs from v. 3.0 but the map files from v.2.0. In this trial is the map files from version 3.0 with the mod packs of version 2.0. From your feed back I'll be a 100% sure if the problem is in the map files -as i believe now- or in the mod packs. If it is the later then I am in a wrong path and I will not solve the problem...

ok, if i do like you told me above, i get a ctd right after starting e:tw...

to make sure i did it right, im now reinstalling e:tw and downloading the files again... maxbr something got corrupted or i missed something in the first run...

dude... look!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Just a small update: