Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

Foederatus

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 23/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It is modfoldered. Just start a new grand campaign, no need of MM.
    Sorry for the double post but I see where I went wrong. Thanks and as soon as I'm able I'll give + rep.

eeh there´s something i dont get here. One is that the 2.1 file gives a ctd while the 2.0 doesnt but when i start to play with the US with the 2.0 there no opposition whatsoever. NO enemies, cities are empty except for the firelock and is like a walk in the park. have i done something wrong?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    eeh there´s something i dont get here. One is that the 2.1 file gives a ctd while the 2.0 doesnt but when i start to play with the US with the 2.0 there no opposition whatsoever. NO enemies, cities are empty except for the firelock and is like a walk in the park. have i done something wrong?
    thx
    You have to install 2.1 over 2.0. None of American factions has starting armies, except a couple of generals.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You have to install 2.1 over 2.0. None of American factions has starting armies, except a couple of generals.
    This what i have done but the 2.1 gives the CTD
    Also the men in the general unit tend to forget the sword at home, is this a modding thing?
    [IMG=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3251/dibujocr.th.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by neoiq5719; January 16, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

hey can u give me the link to v.2.0 i cant seem to find the link

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfar9 View Post
    hey can u give me the link to v.2.0 i cant seem to find the link
    There are 2 Download links for v. 2.0 just under 2.1 Download link.

ok i found them and i started it up but when i went into the grand campagn fraction chooing thing i just got a bunch of french flags and great briton and i couldent change to a dif fraction

ok i found them and i started it up but when i went into the grand campagn fraction chooing thing i just got a bunch of french flags and great briton and i couldent change to a dif fraction
    Something wrong with your installation. Install again in the right order v.2.0 and then 2.1.

ok ill try it again but dats the order i put it in

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 11/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Megahurt View Post
    Downloaded the ACW campaign and the fix, extracted it all to the data folder as required and no campaign. I go to single player and select Grand Campaign as stated above and all i get is the brittish available in 1783. No other playable factions.
    What am i doing wrong? Please help.
    same as me and they have french flags

ok in da files i have ui_movies.pack and movies.pack do i have to get rid of them?

same as me and they have french flags
    Do you have the original version of the game?

ok in da files i have ui_movies.pack and movies.pack do i have to get rid of them?
    No they are original files for the game. I am talking about pack files of the type "movie", not with the word movie on it's name. They are files made by modders like mine for ACW.

ok i think i found the problem its because i had the reqular blue and gray mod i got rid of it and ran campagn and now it works great

Default Re: Agent units?

This mod is the reason I just bought 'Empire', havn't even played the vanilla yet, just this mod for last couple of days.

Well done so far. Can't wait for the new skins, more accurate uniforms will be the icing on the cake

Keep up the good work

LN
    Last edited by Leatherneck; January 25, 2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: An Agent has appeared

Hey I just installed the mod and its amazing for the custon battles but when I try to start up the Grand Campaign the game suddenly crashes any ideas?

Couple of questions:

I know you have addressed the 'at war with Spain' issue earlier in the thread, but is their no way around it?

I have only been playing the mod for a few days, so not sure when the actural 'Civil war' is likely to start, but the war with Spain is stopping me building up my forces etc. in preperation for the coming storm. The Spain thing seems like it is getting in the way of this great mod.

Unless I am missing something and the the Civil War isn't likely to start for 50 years or so? giving me time to woop Spain first. Maybe that would explain why you don't start off with any armies or much in the way of infrastructure?

Anyone any tips on how to make peace with Spain or are there any cheats in Empire like there were in previous TW games that will let me get rid of Spain as a faction?

Keep up the good work

LN

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Ace View Post
    i love this mod but ive been playing the rebels for about 2 weeks now but for some reason it every time i try to load the campaign the game crashes, this is the only mod ive ever had for ETW.
    if it helps the year is 1801 summer, ive had one lans battle and took new mexico and ive had about 10 naval battles with spain( trying to rescew my ports from being blocaded), and the last thing is can you create an update that dosint start the campaign with the spanish confederet fighting, its impossible to deal with the spanish.

I seem to be having the same issue, playing as Rebs I try to load up a save game from Turn 16 and CTD.
    So I found a save game from turn 14 which loaded ok, played for a while and saved game at turn 16 then again at turn 17. Came back later and tried to load up the turn 17 game = CTD, tried the turn 16 = CTD

I noticed that Rebs 1st agent was recruited between turn 14 and 16, don't know if that has any significance.

Please advise

LN

Quote Originally Posted by Kelman [5th RB] View Post
    Hey I just installed the mod and its amazing for the custon battles but when I try to start up the Grand Campaign the game suddenly crashes any ideas?
    Check for remaining files of other mods and remove them. You have to have the latest update (07/12/2009) to play this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I seem to be having the same issue, playing as Rebs I try to load up a save game from Turn 16 and CTD.
    So I found a save game from turn 14 which loaded ok, played for a while and saved game at turn 16 then again at turn 17. Came back later and tried to load up the turn 17 game = CTD, tried the turn 16 = CTD

I noticed that Rebs 1st agent was recruited between turn 14 and 16, don't know if that has any significance.

Please advise

LN
    Can you compress and upload both saves of 14 and 17 turn here?

I know you have addressed the 'at war with Spain' issue earlier in the thread, but is their no way around it?

I have only been playing the mod for a few days, so not sure when the actural 'Civil war' is likely to start, but the war with Spain is stopping me building up my forces etc. in preperation for the coming storm. The Spain thing seems like it is getting in the way of this great mod.
    I'll change this in next update with the new skins Hinkel is working on.

Last edited by husserlTW; January 25, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 11/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Megahurt View Post
    Downloaded the ACW campaign and the fix, extracted it all to the data folder as required and no campaign. I go to single player and select Grand Campaign as stated above and all i get is the brittish available in 1783. No other playable factions.
    What am i doing wrong? Please help.
    Same here as well. DLed 2.0 and 2.1 and yet all I get is French flags and it won't let me click anything else.