Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 23/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJoker View Post
    drop the ACW packs in the steam apps data and just play the game? beacuse i have already done all those things and i just end up playing the reagularvanilla ETW.
    Yes, but also when you install 2.0 version a new folder must be created in data/campaigns named ACW with necessary map and starting position files. The same in Ottoman mod where you have problems. These mods are using modfoldering, that means their own folder in data/campaigns so none of vanilla files are overwritten.

i love this mod but ive been playing the rebels for about 2 weeks now but for some reason it every time i try to load the campaign the game crashes, this is the only mod ive ever had for ETW.
    if it helps the year is 1801 summer, ive had one lans battle and took new mexico and ive had about 10 naval battles with spain( trying to rescew my ports from being blocaded), and the last thing is can you create an update that dosint start the campaign with the spanish confederet fighting, its impossible to deal with the spanish.

Soveriegn's Avatar Miles

As a member of the CSA clan in etw, I thank you boys for your work to make this mod expanded. There are a few bugs in it, but thank got they're only with unit cards/stats being registered. As a union man, very thankful that the rebs can't do that much to hold their own. But, if I could beg of you, I would love to see more historical maps in an update. Gettysburg, Antietam, Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg, Chickamagua, maybe even the setting for the Seven Days' Battle on the Peninusla Campaign. Keep up the good work lads!
    Fight for Old Glory!

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Soveriegn View Post
    Gettysburg, Antietam, Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg, Chickamagua, maybe even the setting for the Seven Days' Battle on the Peninusla Campaign. Keep up the good work lads!
    Thats not possible at the moment. These battlefields are far toooo big for the empire engine and its not possible to insert a town (gettysburg, sharpesburg, fredericksburg etc.) or to insert any kind of fences/walls, which are absolutly necessary to reconstruct these maps.
    Maybe with Napoleon (if we rework the mod for napoleon...) and a new editor, there will be new maps.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

hi!

I have tried out your mod and it is fantastic.
    But it has some small problem:
    with CSA:
    1. the flag above the agents' head is the USA rebel flag (not CSA)
    2. I can't see the CSA flag in the Diplomacy menu
    3. in the time of the civil war there were Mexico and other new countries in middle america
    4. should't be war at the begining with Spain
    with USA:
    1. there is a small problem with the flag: the second or the third line has less star than the others
    2. the flag above the agents' head is the USA 13 star flag
    with campaign:
    1. the campaign should start in 1860.
    (2. should make new borders)
    3. the british should be in friendship with CSA
    4. France should be republic

I hope you can resolve these problems.

Best wishes: eddy94
    Last edited by eddy94; December 28, 2009 at 07:31 AM.

I hope i am posting in the right place I downloaded and installed acw v20 and 21 the champaign works ok but i can not play the single battles . all of the units are there I can create an army but when i click the tab to start the battle it dose not highlite and nothing happens I had this problen with b&g 1.9 aswell and I just ended up removint it from etw hope some one can help

Soveriegn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Thats not possible at the moment. These battlefields are far toooo big for the empire engine and its not possible to insert a town (gettysburg, sharpesburg, fredericksburg etc.) or to insert any kind of fences/walls, which are absolutly necessary to reconstruct these maps.
    Maybe with Napoleon (if we rework the mod for napoleon...) and a new editor, there will be new maps.
    Thanks-I was simply suggesting for multiplayer purposes only, I was not expecting a campaign addition, but your thought to it makes me feel good. Is there no way that one of them could be a 3v3 or a 4v4 on a slightly smaller scale? Just a suggestion, though negative will probably will still be the response. Gettysburg and Antietam I think could be very plausable in this case, I wouldn't expect large cities in the battle, as they were mostly in the rear of the Army of Northern Virginia during the battle (excepting the beginning at Getty on July 1, yes I know)

Edit- Lincoln should never be voted out of office
    Fight for Old Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_Ace View Post
    i love this mod but ive been playing the rebels for about 2 weeks now but for some reason it every time i try to load the campaign the game crashes, this is the only mod ive ever had for ETW.
    if it helps the year is 1801 summer, ive had one lans battle and took new mexico and ive had about 10 naval battles with spain( trying to rescew my ports from being blocaded), and the last thing is can you create an update that dosint start the campaign with the spanish confederet fighting, its impossible to deal with the spanish.
    It seems like a corrupted saved game. If you can compress it and upload it here to take a look though it is very difficult to fix it. As I've already posted I'll make it in next update to be peace between CSA and Spain but this will probably last just for one turn. Spain will declare war because of the expansion penalty. The same happens if you play as US where almost at once Britain declares war.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy94 View Post
    hi!

I have tried out your mod and it is fantastic.
    But it has some small problem:
    with CSA:
    1. the flag above the agents' head is the USA rebel flag (not CSA)
    2. I can't see the CSA flag in the Diplomacy menu
    3. in the time of the civil war there were Mexico and other new countries in middle america
    4. should't be war at the begining with Spain
    with USA:
    1. there is a small problem with the flag: the second or the third line has less star than the others
    2. the flag above the agents' head is the USA 13 star flag
    with campaign:
    1. the campaign should start in 1860.
    (2. should make new borders)
    3. the british should be in friendship with CSA
    4. France should be republic

I hope you can resolve these problems.

Best wishes: eddy94
    Some of these will be fixed in next updates.

Quote Originally Posted by thathawk View Post
    I hope i am posting in the right place I downloaded and installed acw v20 and 21 the champaign works ok but i can not play the single battles . all of the units are there I can create an army but when i click the tab to start the battle it dose not highlite and nothing happens I had this problen with b&g 1.9 aswell and I just ended up removint it from etw hope some one can help
    Are you choosing your faction in the left window (scroll to find CS or US) and live the right one for AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Soveriegn View Post
    Thanks-I was simply suggesting for multiplayer purposes only, I was not expecting a campaign addition, but your thought to it makes me feel good. Is there no way that one of them could be a 3v3 or a 4v4 on a slightly smaller scale? Just a suggestion, though negative will probably will still be the response. Gettysburg and Antietam I think could be very plausable in this case, I wouldn't expect large cities in the battle, as they were mostly in the rear of the Army of Northern Virginia during the battle (excepting the beginning at Getty on July 1, yes I know)

Edit- Lincoln should never be voted out of office
    Well I was just referring to multiplayer only, cause we made our two maps just for multiplayer. We would realy like to have some more maps, but
    A) its very hard to create a map. Our mapmaker spent over 150 hours for one map! And without tools, we can't add important things like walls and fences. And we have just 4-5 buildings we can take. Thats not much for a good map.
    B) we won't make any more maps, because of lack of feedback. It is sooo frustrating to spent so many hours and just 5 or 6 guys make a good feedback. Nobody cares, that we are the first mod makers, which made 2 historical maps. Everybody cries for skin mods etc.. nobody care about maps. So I think you wont see any more maps, sry.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi, I dont have ACW installed at all. I was wondering what all I had to download to play the game? Is it just 2.0 and 2.1? Was also wondering if it is good for the CA 1.5 patch for ETW and if the new warpath campaign along with the new units of america, would it be an issue? Also will there be a shortcut or would I just launch the game from steam as normal? I have been playing the Darth Mod Ultimate Commander mod. Will I have to delete it before the install of ACW? Thanks
    Last edited by airborne guy; December 30, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Hi, I dont have ACW installed at all. I was wondering what all I had to download to play the game? Is it just 2.0 and 2.1? Was also wondering if it is good for the CA 1.5 patch for ETW and if the new warpath campaign along with the new units of america, would it be an issue? Also will there be a shortcut or would I just launch the game from steam as normal? I have been playing the Darth Mod Ultimate Commander mod. Will I have to delete it before the install of ACW? Thanks
    First remove Darth Mod Ultimate Commander mod. Then install v. 2.0 and 2.1. Start a new grand campaign normally or play a custom battle choosing your faction. CS and US do not use vanilla units at all. No problem with CA 1.5 patch or Warpath. The mod uses it's own mod folder and none of your files will be overwritten.

Happy new year!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    First remove Darth Mod Ultimate Commander mod. Then install v. 2.0 and 2.1. Start a new grand campaign normally or play a custom battle choosing your faction. CS and US do not use vanilla units at all. No problem with CA 1.5 patch or Warpath. The mod uses it's own mod folder and none of your files will be overwritten.

Happy new year!
    So what is that 1.9 I have been reading. Do i need to install that one too, or just 2.0 and 2.1. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    So what is that 1.9 I have been reading. Do i need to install that one too, or just 2.0 and 2.1. Thanks
    It is just the version of units pack for CS and US made by ACW: B&G team and is included, you don't have to do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Well I was just referring to multiplayer only, cause we made our two maps just for multiplayer. We would realy like to have some more maps, but
    A) its very hard to create a map. Our mapmaker spent over 150 hours for one map! And without tools, we can't add important things like walls and fences. And we have just 4-5 buildings we can take. Thats not much for a good map.
    B) we won't make any more maps, because of lack of feedback. It is sooo frustrating to spent so many hours and just 5 or 6 guys make a good feedback. Nobody cares, that we are the first mod makers, which made 2 historical maps. Everybody cries for skin mods etc.. nobody care about maps. So I think you wont see any more maps, sry.
    I'm new to ETW but am a die hard TW player of the rest of the games. I still have to get down the feeling for basic ETW before i dive into mods, but this is for sure the first mod that's going on my computer. I've been waiting for some computer smart people to make a civil war campaign mode since the very first MTW. Very awesome that you guys made this! As soon as i can figure out what the hell i'm doing you can bet your ass i'll be playing a civil war campaign.

Don't feel too angered that a lot of people don't show enough appreciation for the maps. 1. Most people looking for this campaign don't REALLY understand the historical significance of such maps. 2. Technically challenged people like myself can't conceive the time it takes to make these maps, especially because the idiot designers made this the most mod unfriendly TW game ever.

Trust me though there are quite a few of us who really appreciate the work you've done. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    I'm new to ETW but am a die hard TW player of the rest of the games. I still have to get down the feeling for basic ETW before i dive into mods, but this is for sure the first mod that's going on my computer. I've been waiting for some computer smart people to make a civil war campaign mode since the very first MTW. Very awesome that you guys made this! As soon as i can figure out what the hell i'm doing you can bet your ass i'll be playing a civil war campaign.

Don't feel too angered that a lot of people don't show enough appreciation for the maps. 1. Most people looking for this campaign don't REALLY understand the historical significance of such maps. 2. Technically challenged people like myself can't conceive the time it takes to make these maps, especially because the idiot designers made this the most mod unfriendly TW game ever.

Trust me though there are quite a few of us who really appreciate the work you've done. Great work!
    Thank you for your comment
    But you have to distinguish between the campaign version and our battlemod "the blue and the grey".
    HusserlTW used our mod as a basic, but he changed the unit stats to make it playable for a nice campaign.
    Our battlemod is for multiplayer only, so guys who would like to play a campaign didnt know about the historical maps, thats right. (hard to express in english )
    Besides that in the next few days, there will be a small update of "the blue and the grey". Maybe it will be the final version for a while, but Husserl will continue with the campaign mod

Foederatus

First I would like to give all the people who worked on this a big thank you.
    Is it mod foldered with a launch Icon like APE or do I need a mod manager?

Quote Originally Posted by ctsnowman View Post
    First I would like to give all the people who worked on this a big thank you.
    Is it mod foldered with a launch Icon like APE or do I need a mod manager?
    It is modfoldered. Just start a new grand campaign, no need of MM.

hi,

I would have liked to try out the mod on Warpath Campaign, but it doesn't work. I can't see CSA and USA on Warpath C. Please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy94 View Post
    hi,

I would have liked to try out the mod on Warpath Campaign, but it doesn't work. I can't see CSA and USA on Warpath C. Please help me.

You'll start a new grand campaign not a warpath one, in order to play the Warpath Campaign ACW.

Foederatus

Thanks and as soon as I'm able I'll give + rep.