Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early American Colonization for Warpath campaign

Default Re: Early American Colonization for Warpath campaign

This is the historical Courland's overseas flag. But if you still want to change i jut replace all flags of Mexico in EAC_W_mod.pack.

i did that but i still have the pink flag on the map, all the other flags are the regular courland falgs. do i have the change the flags in the ridgemodel?
    i started a campaign as neu kurland and i always get a ctd after the 12th round in the game.
    Last edited by major_payne; January 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Yes campaign map is assigned by rigidmodels.

how can i change the ridgemodels?

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    Hi

I have tried to get this mod to work a few days now.
    I have installed it on 2 different setups. 1 WinXP 32bit and 1 Win7 64bit, both with same result.
    I have tried a few nations from the start. (10 turns maybe on each).
    My problem is the battles. Some of them wont load. Some does.
    To test it I tried to play as different indian factions. I took 1 unit type at the time to battle. Most units work. Just a few don't.

I found no units that don't work with the Ongwanosionni, Anishinanbeg, and Osesvlke.

These did cause CTD when trying to load a battle with them:

Wabanaki: Abenaki Blood warriors

Myaamia: Mingo scout warriors, Putun warriors, Miami horse warriors

I don't know why just these wont load.
    There might be more with other factions or further down the technology ladder.

Would love if you took a look into this I love to play my battles and not just auto resolve.

Regards

Trym
    I could be wrong,but those units,causing CDT,are locked by CA dev and can't be edited...I wish there would be a solution for that problematic units,cause I really like to play that EAC campaign...

Thanks for your efforts,Husserl!!!

I get CTDs as well, shame, I would have loved to play this campaign.

I get the same CTD!!! Is there a solution yet???

Mod must be reworked but for the moment I am working on TCW first official release.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Mod must be reworked but for the moment I am working on TCW first official release.
    Have a few questions:

I assume you can play the Indian tribes? I would like to play the Shawee confederacy. Do they start in historical locations on the campaign map?

If I have the warpath dlc and mod manager will I have any problems with ctd? BW I love your new TCW mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    I could be wrong,but those units,causing CDT,are locked by CA dev and can't be edited...I wish there would be a solution for that problematic units,cause I really like to play that EAC campaign...

Thanks for your efforts,Husserl!!!
    If you own warpath DLC (like I do) do not understand why this is happening. It could be the explanation of CA's lock but then why it happens only in these models? A temporary fix is either change the model in units_stat_land 8th column (I tried pueblo_mounted_braves for the cavalry), but in that way you'll have many units with same model and thus same appearance. Or even better disable those units in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions table. Myaamia is colombia and Wabanaki inuit.

Quote Originally Posted by gijas View Post
    Have a few questions:

I assume you can play the Indian tribes? I would like to play the Shawee confederacy. Do they start in historical locations on the campaign map?

If I have the warpath dlc and mod manager will I have any problems with ctd? BW I love your new TCW mod.
    Yes you can but there is this problem. I'll upload a temporary fix. Starting positions are as historical as the game map permits.

EDIT:

O.K. here it is a temporary fix until I find some free time to rework completely this mod. That is why I need all the fed back I can get.

Install new version 1.3.1.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 15, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

O.K. here it is a temporary fix until I find some free time to rework completely this mod. That is why I need all the fed back I can get.

Install mod following the instructions. After that unzip and place the attached EAC_W_fix.pack in your game's data folder. No command line is needed for fix in user script.
    Thanks Husserl, will try the EAC_W fix pack asap. I checked my mod manager and I have around 571 conflicts with this mod. Opened conflicts up and most conflicting pack files are related to UI and model/patch pack files and one conflict with the EAC_W fix pack. I have both the EAC_W_ loc and mod pack files along with the EAC_W_fix pack already placed in my etw\data folder but haven't installed the startpos.esf in campaigns\ main folder yet so that may be why. I did make a backup of my original startpos.esf file.

Hi Husserl, so hereīs my feedback. I have Warpath. First of all there is no scripting.lua file, neither in the filefront nor in the mediafire download. My natives are Pueblo nations, Cherokee nations, Iroquois Confed., Huron Wyandot, Inuit nations, Plains nations and Gran Colombo(??) (right flag, starting position and unit roster but speaking spanish). And i canīt play battles that include any Warpath units. So the new names for natives donīt show up, new flags only for Gran Colombo and no "warpath" battles.

Quote Originally Posted by gijas View Post
    Thanks Husserl, will try the EAC_W fix pack asap. I checked my mod manager and I have around 571 conflicts with this mod. Opened conflicts up and most conflicting pack files are related to UI and model/patch pack files and one conflict with the EAC_W fix pack. I have both the EAC_W_ loc and mod pack files along with the EAC_W_fix pack already placed in my etw\data folder but haven't installed the startpos.esf in campaigns\ main folder yet so that may be why. I did make a backup of my original startpos.esf file.
    Conflicts are normal and they are mod changes that game will activate instead of vanilla. You have to add startpos to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Costanzo View Post
    Hi Husserl, so hereīs my feedback. I have Warpath. First of all there is no scripting.lua file, neither in the filefront nor in the mediafire download. My natives are Pueblo nations, Cherokee nations, Iroquois Confed., Huron Wyandot, Inuit nations, Plains nations and Gran Colombo(??) (right flag, starting position and unit roster but speaking spanish). And i canīt play battles that include any Warpath units. So the new names for natives donīt show up, new flags only for Gran Colombo and no "warpath" battles.
    Mod does not need a changed scripting.lua so you can use vanilla or none at all. Texts are in _loc file but probably you have another text file from another mod that conflicts with EAC. Remove it and all names will be o.k.

Hy,Husserl!

I tried your fix ,but unfortunatlly EAC campaign still doesn't work as it should...

You can perform simple test as I did:

- play English(WIC) and in first turn declare war to Wabenaki or Myaamia Confederacy..Put your armies in nearby forts...Natives should attack one of English forts in second turn and ctd will happen....

Can anyone else get this CTD in same way?

I think esf starting armies should be fixed also...
    Last edited by Oby; March 15, 2011 at 09:03 AM.

You are absolutely right! I had to think that problematic units might be already in starting armies. Sorry guys!...

I've fixed that and I upload new files as an update (1.3.1) in first post, included fix.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

I installed the mod over a vanilla data copy and...everything works... great mod!!! Is it possible to include it as a seperate campaign into your ETF mod since an extra 16 gb for this little goodie seems a little too much? And again awesome mod!!!

Thanks. I have some future plans about it.

Thanks. I have some future plans about it.
    As far as your current version goes I have some questions about the campaign game. Im playing the Sioux confederation and looking at the camapign map of NA from the start I see other native conf's on the North America mainland and the British or West Indies company in the Caribbean islands and New Spain in central america and Im sure the French is somewhere there to (should be in eastern Quebec though historically) but do the European nations start colonies on the NA mainland as time progresses in the campaign or do they stay in their starting colonies throughout the game? Im playing on hard difficulty on both the campaign and battle maps by the way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast