Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Late Campain: All factions playable including emergent.....(Last updated 25/08/2010)

triarri's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Late Campain: All factions playable including emergent.....(Last updated 14/12/2009)

thanks got it working amazing work!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Late Campain: All factions playable including emergent.....(Last updated 14/12/2009)

i put startpos.esf and scripting.lua over in main though and i run it in the mod manager but when i pick a faction it just crashes

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

I believe you don't need to use the mod manager. Just place the startpos and scripting in the folder and try.

@ husserlTW I must say I love this mod. I use it along with DM and it is excellent to play. With this all factions have the possibility to live, grow and expand.
    Enjoying a campaign with Québec
    +rep for you mate! Goooooooood work.
    Last edited by La Bestia Von Garlet; January 05, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

I placed Mexico on Main, but when I'm selecting a faction for a new campaign, I can't findo Mexico in the options.

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo Naranjo View Post
    I placed Mexico on Main, but when I'm selecting a faction for a new campaign, I can't findo Mexico in the options.
    My advice is that you should use the "all emergent" file. It has all the factions and you don't need to set up a different file each time you want to start with another one.

@ husserlTW Norway doesn't have the victory conditions right. I added them with the EsfEditor cloned Sweden.

Hello there,

Have to say, excellent work on this mod. I have a problem however. I'm playing as the US and everytime I recruit a unit, in the next turn it is 1.) deleted, or 2.) Changed to another unit type. For example, my Cavalry regiments turn into line regiments and my cannon turn into mortars. I'm using the Rights of Man mod, and didn't check to see if there were conflicts. I am using no other mods.

I would appreciate a reply from anyone who can help.
    Many thanks,
    CM.

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

As GB offering peace to France on turn one results in a CTD.

Hi, sorry for the noob question, but where is the ETW folder? A search turns up nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Hi, sorry for the noob question, but where is the ETW folder? A search turns up nothing.
    Actually the directory is empire total war and it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\.

Hi. I'm using version 2.1 and playing as Ireland. Should I be a protectorate of Great Britian? Because I'm not. Is something wrong?

If it isn't built into the mod would it be easy for me to change it so Ireland is a protectorate of Britian at the beginning?
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; January 11, 2010 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMaster View Post
    Hello there,

Have to say, excellent work on this mod. I have a problem however. I'm playing as the US and everytime I recruit a unit, in the next turn it is 1.) deleted, or 2.) Changed to another unit type. For example, my Cavalry regiments turn into line regiments and my cannon turn into mortars. I'm using the Rights of Man mod, and didn't check to see if there were conflicts. I am using no other mods.

I would appreciate a reply from anyone who can help.
    Many thanks,
    CM.
    It's a bug that cannot be fixed. Just move the army out of city and live there just a couple of units you don't care about changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zimoa View Post
    As GB offering peace to France on turn one results in a CTD.
    This cannot be changed, it is from scenario story to be like this (there is already British army in France).

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Hi. I'm using version 2.1 and playing as Ireland. Should I be a protectorate of Great Britian? Because I'm not. Is something wrong?

If it isn't built into the mod would it be easy for me to change it so Ireland is a protectorate of Britian at the beginning?
    If you want to make a faction as protectorate, see the tutorial how to make protectorate playable here, and reverse the 2nd way (only that).

Thanks, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    If you want to make a faction as protectorate, see the tutorial how to make protectorate playable here, and reverse the 2nd way (only that).
    Thanks for the guidance. Got it working .

I have a new question....is it possible to make an emergent or protectorate faction actually part of another faction AND make that province playable? For example, can I make Ireland actually under UK's control (like in the actual game) but make Ireland playable so I can play as Ireland and try to create a rebellion?

It is not possible, only as a protectorate.

I realise that requesting things that, with a bit of patience, I could probably do myself, is not very polite.

However, I tried and failed miserably, and 3 hours spent on nothing makes me wanna go the easy way - aka requesting.

Would it be possible to make a startpos.esf that starts in 1793, with France as a republic, and the generals Napoleon Bonaparte, Andre Massena, Michel Ney, Joachim Murat and Jean de Dieu Soult?

It might not be entirely accurate, historically, but it would be very kind if you could make one.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Salam

I tried previous versions of this mod, playing Punjab (see my Revenge of the Sikhs thread for screenshots & some AAR) so I was expecting new versions compatible with ETW 1.5. but then, last time I tried I had those issues:
    - The texts & menus are english only, not "international" while the previous version (pre-1.3) supported all ETW versions other than english. My original game is not in english... nothing big but It was annoying.
    - The "Sikh religion" fix didn't work for me.
    - Old "bug": great Britain turned into a Republic on Turn 2 or 3. yikes!

So, Is It fixed now? I just want to know before DL & play Punjab again. Waiting for your answer

Now, about other issues: you guys DO realize that playing an independent Quebec (never existed), or playing as Mexico in the 1780's are pure fantasies, right? Don't get me wrong, It sounds very cool indeed, but It's not historical at all. I'd like to give Quebec a shot, just to piss off the Brits again.

UPDATE

My insights after DL "All emergents" and "All Factions":
    PLUS:
    - Mods still a bit unstable but works OK if you don't abusively click on flags in the "select faction" screen.
    - International Version
    - VC added for all
    - no more FoW bug
    - British mess fixed (cool for an Indian campaign)

MINUS concerns only "emergents" except 5 main ones.
    - They have no armies + are extremely weak. Their roster is based on their former colonial powers, some custom units should be nice if that's possible. A suggestion: Frontiersmen for Quebec (+Hurons from WPC?) or Bersgalieri for italian factions.
    - Their VC are unrealistic or merged with their former colonial powers= why would Quebec have to conquer France, or Mexico with Spain, etc? America is enough. A copy/paste error I suppose
    - Some typical units from the last DLC can't be recruited. Example= I launched Hungary (who BTW should also have Transylvania IMO) and I couldn't have Hungarian Hussars & Grenadiers! They're so cool in the "vanilla" campaign!

Just my personal testing

EDIT again, since nobody replies: Added some advertisement for this cool mod HERE I hope you appreciate.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; January 21, 2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added link + UPDATE

triarri's Avatar Civis

hey i have been playing the mod for a while but i have found a bug :/ which converts most of my units into horse artillery

Quote Originally Posted by triarri View Post
    hey i have been playing the mod for a while but i have found a bug :/ which converts most of my units into horse artillery
    It is a known bug with some emergent factions. Just move your army out of city.

triarri's Avatar Civis

great thanks, but if i leave artillary in a town for at least one turn it changes:/ even with any faction
    Last edited by triarri; February 02, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

triarri's Avatar Civis

hey i got my files mixed up can anyone tell me the KB for both of the emergent files please?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast