Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Hi, when I choose faction and push to play, in download screen I got a error - 'Empire total war stopped working'. Where is problem?

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Also, how do you get this mod playable into Darthmod? (In English, how do you install it onto DMUC?)

Bloodlut's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Hi, when I choose faction and push to play, in download screen I got a error - 'Empire total war stopped working'. Where is problem?
    I get this problem as well, and i would also like to know where is problem?

Laetus

Hi. Is there any particular reason for there being two types of brigs and two types of sloops while playing as Portugal? Is this something to do with galleys?

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

The VCs for all former protectorates (now allies) need a fix, except for Crimea.

They have the same VC as their previous "masters" and that makes any campaign unrealistic (except pur Domination ones). I guess it's a "copy-paste" error.

EX: New Spain has same VC as Spain but what's the point in conquering Spain & Portugal for Latino-Americans? Also, why should Louisiana or Quebec invade France? They'd better conquer all America.
    Please fix it

Same for Late Era BTW.

Works Great! Thanks!
    Our only hope is that the enemy kill so many of us that they become slightly depressed.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Every time i start a campaign with this i get a crash, so lame... and i had hopes of getting to play as the Barbary States as a challenge...

In version 2.0 the fog is not removed from pirates and pirates do not have diplomacy. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviuss View Post
    In version 2.0 the fog is not removed from pirates and pirates do not have diplomacy. Why?
    Because Pirates is not so interesting in vanilla game since they have limited units. Use the excellent Pirate Mod of kungfuserge if you want to play as Pirates. Also Pirates cannot have diplomacy because of game hardcore limts.

Thanks. But the fog of war is better for cleaning. I do not like balance in Pirate Mod.
    Whether will be StartPos Mods 2.1? Under last updates.

I got the startpos.esf and the scripting.lua in the right places and when I go to the Grand Campaign, all the factions are correctly available. I picked up Portugal and played some minutes in the first turn. But when I:
    • Do a Quick Save (CTRL + S)
    • Do a manual save at the menu
    • Do a Auto Save by ending the turn

It crashes to Desktop. There is no use in unlocking all the faction if you can't play with them
    Also I'm playing with version 1.5 and not the Warpath Campaign...

Please help me.
    Regards
    Last edited by manelinho; February 15, 2010 at 06:56 AM.

Play again and after the auto save (turn) crash, compress and upload here the auto saved game to have a look.

Okay, i know i'm supposed to "follow directions" to download this thing, but I have absolutely no experience with anything like this so I don't know if this is a stupid mistake or something, but I can't find the ETW/data/campaigns/main file anywhere, or the other ones for that matter. I'm using windows 7 and you said you were too somewhere, so I feel like I should be finding it... but I'm not... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sean. View Post
    Okay, i know i'm supposed to "follow directions" to download this thing, but I have absolutely no experience with anything like this so I don't know if this is a stupid mistake or something, but I can't find the ETW/data/campaigns/main file anywhere, or the other ones for that matter. I'm using windows 7 and you said you were too somewhere, so I feel like I should be finding it... but I'm not... thanks.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

It isn't your fault, it is steam's way of instalation...

Enjoy!

It works! Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Every time i start a campaign with this i get a crash, so lame... and i had hopes of getting to play as the Barbary States as a challenge...
    i have same problem, does anyone got solution?

in the first post u say that a protectorate have to declare war on its patron nation to become independent. Yet i had New Spain which is protectorate of Spain.
    Opened Negotiations->Cancel Alliance and i didnt have any more Spain as my patron nation..
    Is that a problem or something? Because u said that protectorates have to declare war on its patron nation to become independent..

Quote Originally Posted by George Washington View Post
    in the first post u say that a protectorate have to declare war on its patron nation to become independent. Yet i had New Spain which is protectorate of Spain.
    Opened Negotiations->Cancel Alliance and i didnt have any more Spain as my patron nation..
    Is that a problem or something? Because u said that protectorates have to declare war on its patron nation to become independent..
    I added a more realistic approach. No patron should accept it without coumter measures.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I added a more realistic approach. No patron should accept it without coumter measures.
    hm,ok. Thanks
    Spain ,though, didnt declare war on me or even rejected my proposal. Anyway i will try it with the 13 Colonies...
    Last edited by Maximus IV; February 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Hi, I have downloaded and started playing without any real problems. Only thing I did notice was that when selecting nation to play using the left/right arrow on the flags it sometimes doesn't switch to next/previous nation, but clicking on the adjacent flag seem to fix it - nothing major.

My questions is in your instructions:
    "Place startpos.esf in ETW/data/campaigns/main. Also replace scripting.lua in ETW/data/campaigns/main with the one from ETW/data/campaigns/main_2 (or don't use at all)"

What does scripting.lua actually do ? I'm guessing it triggers certain actions. When you say "or don't use it at all" do you mean remove the orginal scripting.lua (after backing up) so that it doesn't exist at all in main, and if so what effect does that have on the game ?

What effect does using the original scripting.lua in main have or is this a no-no ?

Great mod by the way. Really enjoying playing as Saxony.