Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Sorry I cannot see any problem here and it is the first time that reported such thing. See here as Bavaria moved and attacked Westphalia:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Icon9 Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    What didn't work? I is just one file to replace.
    oh, sorry. Now It comes up with the mod, but when I open grand campaign, it comes up with an error message. Doesn't tell what the problem is, but the music goes silent twice and an error message pops up:

"Empire: Total War has stopped working

"a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

"Close program"

This is what is in my two folders:

main: scripting.lua (From main_2)
    startpos (your mod)

main_2: scripting.lua (From main)
    startpos.esf

The more I think about it, the more it seems like a mistake, like there should be no scripting in main_2 or something.

Can you please help?!?!?!

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

It does not matter what is in main_2. It seems that your game installation has problems. Let Steam fix it. If it reports after that some files where fixed do it again until it says not iles where needed to be fixed.

Here a Screenshot of my problem, just to show that I'm not lying:

It unfortunately did not copy my cursor, but, as you can see, the green movement stuff does not go over to Michigan. (I can move only to french and english territories)
    Last edited by Exxxar; July 28, 2010 at 06:29 AM.

First I didn't say that you lye. Though you gave pecific examples, you talked also general about minor factions so I didn't check it thoroughly. But this time I did and I can confirm your saying. It seem that we received another "gift" from CA's updates... I noticed that if you declare war in one of the faction you are able to move in it's territory (e.g. France, Louisiana, etc. for Huron) the restrictions disappear. Perhaps is for AI balances, I'll check it further and update the file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank you very much for looking further into this!
    Also I tried what you said, and declaring war to france indeed makes it possible for me to walk over iroquois land but (for me) still prohibits me from attacking the cherokee or spain.

Nitram's Avatar Libertus

Hello! Which is the newest patch for Empire Total War? I searched for it, but I didn't find anything.

When I download the file all I get is startpos.7z which doesnt do anything. Its does not show me any way to extract the files either

I still place it in the main folder and deleted the other two files (startpos and scripting.lua) and when i go to grand campaign the game crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    Hello! Which is the newest patch for Empire Total War? I searched for it, but I didn't find anything.
    You don't need to search for it; Steam automatically downloads it for you. Currently, it is 1.6, but in the screen, it shows 1.5 due to a lazy mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by theone_mj2001 View Post
    When I download the file all I get is startpos.7z which doesnt do anything. Its does not show me any way to extract the files either

I still place it in the main folder and deleted the other two files (startpos and scripting.lua) and when i go to grand campaign the game crashes.
    It is compressed with 7zip. Download it (google it), it is free, fast and works with almost all formats (zip, rar, etc.), decompress startpos.7z and then place it in your main folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxar View Post
    Thank you very much for looking further into this!
    Also I tried what you said, and declaring war to france indeed makes it possible for me to walk over iroquois land but (for me) still prohibits me from attacking the cherokee or spain.
    i had this problem when i included mexico in my campaign but didn't play as them but exited my game and started a new one without any emergent factions and the problem was fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

It is compressed with 7zip. Download it (google it), it is free, fast and works with almost all formats (zip, rar, etc.), decompress startpos.7z and then place it in your main folder.

Thanks man... heard a lot about you mate....I could have given u rep but it doesnt let me give rep to anyone besides myself

wheres the download link?
    I love slavery

i found it here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288139

how do i stop america protectorates like new spain being handed over to the ai nations like in this thread?http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258002
    I love slavery

Try ETF mod instead. In ETF handover does not happen if you play as any of the american protectorates.

Try ETF mod instead. In ETF handover does not happen if you play as any of the american protectorates.
    yes but i don't want the handover happening if i play as any faction
    I love slavery

Look here to see what start_list.txt is and where to find it go, in the campaigns you like and replace existing scripting.lua with the vanilla in campaigns\main_2 folder.

Look here to see what start_list.txt is and where to find it go, in the campaigns you like and replace existing scripting.lua with the vanilla in campaigns\main_2 folder.
    can't you give me the files in this mod so i don't have to download ETF, just 2 files?

the link i found is old and makes protectorates independant
    I love slavery

Files are modfoldered so you cannot use them without ETF.

Where exactly are the download links for this mod, can I even still use it now?

Sorry about bringing back an old thread, and being such a modding greenhorn, but I just don't know where the link is.