Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Default Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Any news or hope of this being do-able. I am starting to get worried, and I had thought this was very possible, I'm depressed

Push on, brave York volunteers

Test the attached scripting.lua. Place it in your data\campaigns\main directory, or in your startpos mod folder if you sue a mod-folded mod, replacing the existing one. Handover will be occurred between 5th and 16th turn, no mission required.

Hey husserlTW, thanks a bunch for the script. I just played thru to the 18th turn and still nothing.

Two things to mention. The Iroquois attacked the Thirteen colonies capturing Annapolis, maybe Virginia. Anyway it immediately went and created a new nation the USA. How does that happen, the Iroquois half stack just disappeared and the new nation was born, yet there was no Indians left around it for ever.

The other thing was that I loaded up a trainer to give myself some cash so I could play faster and give some to the Colonies as gifts. These occurrences should not have effected the transfer should they??

Still hoping

O.K. Try this one (attached).

Emergent like US arise when a rebellion happens in a region that they are assigned. The same happened after Iroquois captured that region. Script is not affected from both the acts you've mentioned.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 26, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Mate, testing will begin shortly. It was in the same place as the last zip I hope? Cuz that is the only one I see. In post number #84 all I see at my end is this
    O.K. Try this one (attached).
    So I downloaded the one in post 82 again

Sorry I forgot to uploaded it. Now it is there...

Well sorry to say that no matter what way I try this, I can't get ETW to start. I get an error and asked to submit report to ... well..... somebody can't remember now. Anyway, I used a program called Cooktop that I used to use long time ago for "Blitzkrieg" when I dabbled a bit with modding, but I couldn't see much. What I did see I tried to fix, change etc, but nothing worked or help. Unless I am going bonkers this one is broke sorry Mate

Brian

This problem has nothing to do with scripting.lua file. This file is loaded by the game only if you select a grand campaign in game's menu so you should be able at least to start the game. Moreover game runs fine without any scripting file at all.

Well this one worked. The Spanish got New Spain early and then later I received the Thirteen Colonies and France got Louisiana at the same turn. My new lands came with the units that come with any turnover I have seen prior to today. The ship, 2 Priests, General and Army just disappeared. So I got a random turnover date which is kinda cool, but nothing else.

That's all can be done by scripting. Try to give a lot of money to your protectorate as well so it makes more units. See here how: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?t=272139#h

Excuse me, but has no one ever considered (or even suggested) making a historically accurate 7 years war startpos?

I find it quite surprising... I mean, there are so many 7yw unit packs out there but not a single campaign file to play with Frederick the Great's Prussians or Maria Theresa's Austrians, etc.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I know there is mod called Rebel Commander for Rome TW that you can play a faction and when a faction emerged you'll continue to play the emerged faction instead of the faction you started a new campaign with.

Example: Start a new campaign with Goths and continue playing the Ostrogoths when Ostrogoth emerged

Is this possible to have this StartPos option in ETF for instance?

No there is not. But you can try this: after emerged faction captures at least one region, save exit, make hybrid, restart and play as the emergent.

Here about hybrid: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

And a new tool to make it easily: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=480745

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    No there is not. But you can try this: after emerged faction captures at least one region, save exit, make hybrid, restart and play as the emergent.

Here about hybrid: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

And a new tool to make it easily: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=480745
    Thanks for the links Husser1TW.

I see. I wasn't sure hence my question, but I got one problem with your suggestion though. When I play an emergent nation it only show 0 regions in the campaign menu even if the region is owned by the player. Hmm...

It may take some time for me to learn how to use the Easy-Esf tool and that was a lot of stuff to read too in that thread. Anyway I've downloaded the Easy-Esf tool and I'll be back if I need your help with the tool.

This is easy to be fixed it with a couple of changes in esf editor (no region changes available in EasyEsf yet), but it has not a serious impact in game. If you do not do it the only problem you'll have is this: if emergent needs to hold 25 regions for winning you'll have to have 26 instead.

But if you lie to proceed the changes are in:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You have to make 2 changes at a time: to former owner and to new one (x-emergent).
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 12, 2011 at 03:20 AM.

The changes is logical and make sense. Sometimes I've seen other factions popping up from nowhere and suddenly an army goto a city and take over the control of the region. Could the same be done for a playable emergent faction?

I wonder if Montenegro would be added into Empire TW like your Greek mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I wonder if Montenegro would be added into Empire TW like your Greek mod.
    Greece is an existing emergent faction. To add Montenegro in ETW you need this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=307640 I have not much free time to do it, but I can support your efforts if you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Greece is an existing emergent faction. To add Montenegro in ETW you need this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=307640 I have not much free time to do it, but I can support your efforts if you try it.
    I see. I didn't know that about Greece. Do you think is worth it to add Montenegro into the game?

I mean I've never modded any TW-games before is a just dream. I can tell you this; Have all required tools and a lot of threads with lot of reading ahead of me.

It is a tough task, it will take you some time but at the end you'll feel great accomplishing it. Moreover, you will combine many modding techniques getting a lot of modding experience. If you proceed do not spent your time with flags (I'll make them for you).

That's your call...

EDIT: Also have in mind that it is better to replace an emergent instead of an existing faction as I do in tutorial (Saxony for Finland). Anyway tell me and I'll guide you.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 26, 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast