Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Laetus

Default Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Hello , Barbary states haven't artillery , can we change that in the startpos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminiumman View Post
    Hello , Barbary states haven't artillery , can we change that in the startpos ?
    It is not a startpos change but a db/units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions.

Enter: (unit name)/barbary_states/true.

Laetus

Thank you HusserlTW , excuse for my bad english , I opened DBeditor , then i go to " units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions " , but I did not find barbary_states , did I have to create a new entry with for exemple " 12_Iber_howitzer / barbary_states / True " and how can I create it . I saw the guide to using DBeditor but I didn't understand anything !

When you are in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions, go in File, new units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions. In the upcoming pop-up check a in new mod.pack. Now go in new units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions and add all entries like as you correctly understood 12_Iber_howitzer / barbary_states / True. Save and the new mod will be automatically in the right place (game's data folder). Then you have just to activate your new mod with Mod Manager and start a new game.

Laetus

It work , thank you very much , I activate it with the script , mod manager make the game crash . Now , I have to civilize the world with my barbarians !

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminiumman View Post
    It work , thank you very much , I activate it with the script , mod manager make the game crash . Now , I have to civilize the world with my barbarians !
    Good, go for it!!!

Something that I would really like to see is a WW2 startpos mod...It doesn't even matter that the combat would still be 18th century, I think it would just be fun to play out the cenario. Don't worry about japan, just europe would be fine...I'm actually surprised that no one has done this yet (that i know of), it would be very cool.

What we really need is descriptions in the Grand Campaign menu for all the minor factions. We can do without advisor voiceover intros, but it's really annoying to read "NOT PLAYABLE" every single time.

@husserl TW
    can you make one mod for me please?I would like to play as Montenegro in Grand Campaign,so can you make a mode where Montenegro is in region of Bosnia?

Anyone done realistic starting armies and navies with this? I was playing around and it seems fairly easy, thanks to your great tools and tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by ILYQ View Post
    @husserl TW
    can you make one mod for me please?I would like to play as Montenegro in Grand Campaign,so can you make a mode where Montenegro is in region of Bosnia?
    One can only do that if one removes another minor faction from the game, because the amount of factions is a limited number.

So if you are willing to get rid of...say...the Inuit Nations in your game (useless to me, anyway), then you can play as Montenegro if a modder is willing to oncorporate them in your game.

You also have to see which units you want in your faction roster without under/over powering them too much.

Mod for my desires would be one with the regions of the warpath campaing added to the Grand campaign and for road to independence episode 4. This would give much more to conquer in America.

Modders is this possible could you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranssi View Post
    Mod for my desires would be one with the regions of the warpath campaing added to the Grand campaign and for road to independence episode 4. This would give much more to conquer in America.

Modders is this possible could you do it?

I think this is impossible because CA hasn't made campaign map editing possible yet.

Is there a mod where Hessen would be playable?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

A mod to change forms of government including AM, CM and Republic. An existing thread only explains how to change to Republic.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

You can change government in a mod only in one way and not backwards (it crashes): AM -> CM -> Republic.

How did boicote do it in Imperium Globale?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

What did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    What did he do?
    Portugal is an absolute monarchy in the Imperium Globale mod. Unfortunately, it has its own separate launcher and I don't know if other mods can be added. See pic below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    How did you do that Boicote? I think it would be great to combine Imperium Globale with my new units pack.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; May 29, 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

To be honest i have not try from CM to AM and maybe this is possible. I tried many times from REP to CS but never worked maybe because in republic there is no FAMILY active. Give it a try.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast